Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 - AFLW Votes - Winner - Bri Davey! (Read 9990 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2019 AFLW Votes - Round 5 vs Pies

Reply #45
3 - Davey
2 - Prespakis
1 - Pound

Amazing game from Davey!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #46
3 Davey
2 Prespakis
1 Harrington

Reply #47
3 Davey
2 Stevens
1 Harrington

Reply #48
3: Davey - 20 touches (2nd) @95%, 5 clearances (1st), 5 marks (3rd), 4 tackles (=1st), 5 I50's (=1st), 3 R50's (=1st)....yet largely unnoticed.
2: Harrington
1: Pound

Apologies to Prespakis

I'm a bit skeptical of the stats Kruddler. One of the reasons I gave Van Dyke votes was I thought she never once wasted he football, and the stats support that with 100% efficiency. I thought Davey won a lot of football but wasted a bit of it, yet the official stats have her also at 95%.

I thought Van Dyke, Harrington and Hosking were the three that stood firm when the Filth got on a roll which is why I gave them the votes. I might have also gave Pound a vote but she did have a couple of significant clangers.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #49
I'm a bit skeptical of the stats Kruddler. One of the reasons I gave Van Dyke votes was I thought she never once wasted he football, and the stats support that with 100% efficiency. I thought Davey won a lot of football but wasted a bit of it, yet the official stats have her also at 95%.

I thought Van Dyke, Harrington and Hosking were the three that stood firm when the Filth got on a roll which is why I gave them the votes. I might have also gave Pound a vote but she did have a couple of significant clangers.

I wasn't going to comment on your votes, but since you brought it up.....Hosking? I'd combine the efforts of both of them and couldn't fit them in the votes.

Van Dyke....she;d maybe be the 4th best defender on the night...maybe. Well by the votes, she is the 4th best defender Harrington+Pound+Stevens, all have more votes. Probably couldn't tell you a 5th defender TBH.

re Davey, wasn't her best ever game, but thats the point of my comments re her stats. It was a decent, not outstanding, game and she dominated the stats.

Yes stats are not the be-all and end-all, but given the amount of votes our defenders have got this year, it appears people are well aware of that.

Reply #50
3: Davey - 20 touches (2nd) @95%, 5 clearances (1st), 5 marks (3rd), 4 tackles (=1st), 5 I50's (=1st), 3 R50's (=1st)....yet largely unnoticed.
2: Harrington
1: Pound

Apologies to Prespakis

CAPTAIN Brianna Davey is one of three Carlton players who feature in the AFLW Team of the Week for Round 5.

After polling the perfect 10 votes in the win over Collingwood, Davey’s brilliant performance was further acknowledged with a spot in defence for the top performers from the weekend.

With 20 disposals, five inside 50s and five clearances, it was a complete showing from the 24-year-old, who willed her team over the line to keep the season alive.

Seems like there are some good judges watching AFLW  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: AFLW Votes - Leaderboard 2019 (see 1st post)

Reply #52
Round 5: vs Pies
3 - Davey
2 - Harrington
1 - Pound

Reply #53
I wasn't going to comment on your votes, but since you brought it up.....Hosking? I'd combine the efforts of both of them and couldn't fit them in the votes.

Van Dyke....she;d maybe be the 4th best defender on the night...maybe. Well by the votes, she is the 4th best defender Harrington+Pound+Stevens, all have more votes. Probably couldn't tell you a 5th defender TBH.

re Davey, wasn't her best ever game, but thats the point of my comments re her stats. It was a decent, not outstanding, game and she dominated the stats.

Yes stats are not the be-all and end-all, but given the amount of votes our defenders have got this year, it appears people are well aware of that.

The way I saw it when we had all but lost the momentum and the game, it was Harrington and Van Dyke that steadied the ship, not Davey or Pound or Prespakis. Davey was basically missing in action for the 3rd Qtr, but was very good in the last in reversing the midfield situation.

Pound executed some horrible clangers that contributed to our loss of momentum. In AFLW there are not so many possessions that you can afford players making multiple errors and expect to get away with it! I would have given her votes if not for those 2 or 3 big errors.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #54
3. Davey
2. Pound
1.Harrington
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

2019 AFLW Votes - Round 6 vs Lions

Reply #55
A win to get us into finals.

Who deserves the 3, 2, 1 this week?

Re: 2019 AFLW Votes - Round 6 vs Lions

Reply #56
3 - Prespakis
2 - Walker
1 - Harris

Reply #57
Votes:
[3]   Maddy Prespakis:   27 possessions say a lot, but it was the clearances that stood out. She was often under pressures, but still got quality ball out.
[2]   Alison Downie:   One of the most intelligent ruck displays I’ve seen for a long time. Her ability to get the ruck on her terms was crucial and allowed us the opportunity to go forward.
[1]   Brooke Walker:   Her role as a small forward this week was excellent, and she proved to be conduit to goal that needed.

Honourable Mentions:
Chloe Dalton:   I really wanted to give Dalton votes for her effort. Seeing her run out of the centre and pounding the ball into attack was lovely and reminded me of Paddy Cripps. And her smart play on the forward line was important.
Tayla Harris:   She is a real target and her strong contested marking is a delight to watch.
Nik Stevens:   Her best game of the year.
A lot of other girls deserve a mention as well.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #58
A little harder to separate them this week. Lots of contributors to the win.

3 Prespakis
2 Dalton
1 Harris

Reply #59
Just finished watching the game. Very tough week for votes. Sheesh.

I've decided on...

3. Prespakis
2. Walker
1. Harris