Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 - AFLW Votes - Winner - Bri Davey! (Read 9986 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2019 AFLW Votes - Round 7 vs Dogs

Reply #75
see above

3 Davey
2 Walker
1 Prespakis

Reply #76
3 Davey
2 Prepakis
1 Downie

Reply #77
Votes:
[3] Bri Davey: not her most dynamic game, but the clearances she got and the leadership she provided were excellent.
[2] Alison Downie: Downie was not as effective in the ruck as she has been, but her work around the ground probably never has been better. A very rounded performance.
[1] Brooke Walker: great goal kicking! Walker was dangerous every time she got near the ball.

Honourable Mentions:
Maddy Prespakis: Probably deserved a vote and would have if her opponents had not been as effective. Maddy's class disposal and willingness to get down and dirty I really love!
Chloe Dalton: Chloe has been very good this year, While this game wasn't her best, she still provided great run and goal kicking.
Gabby Pound: Another really solid game in defence. She has had a very good year.
Nik Stevens: Nik was very ordinary when the season started, but her last few games have been excellent. Her run and carry from defence and improved disposal has been a really positive step forward.

Tayla Harris, Harrington and Jayde van Dyke also deserve a mention.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #78
3 - Davey
2 - Downie
1 - Walker

Honourable mentions to many others, particularly Prespakis, Stevens (really improved as the season progressed), Dalton, Pound, Harrington, Harris, etc, etc.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #79
3. Davey
2. Prepaskis
1. Walker
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

2019 AFLW Votes - PF vs Dockers

Reply #80
Thought i already started this, my bad.

A dominant performance by the girls, a tough ask to pick just 3, but lets do it.

Who is your 3, 2, 1 this week?

Re: AFLW Votes - Leaderboard 2019 (see 1st post)

Reply #81
Round 6: vs Lions
3 - Prespakis
2 - Davey
0.5 - Downie
0.5 - Walker

Round 7: vs Dogs
3 - Davey
2 - Walker
1 - Downie

Re: 2019 AFLW Votes - PF vs Dockers

Reply #82
Votes:
[3]   Lauren Brazzale:   Probably her best game for us. Really solid and surprised the Freo mids.
[2]   Alison Downie:   Good in the ruck and excellent around the grounds, Downie is playing really well at the moment and is negating the opposition rucks while giving our mids a decent chance at getting the ball.
[1]   Maddy Prespakis:   Not perhaps as dominant as she can be, but her ability to get the contested ball and to deliver the ball to advantage was excellent.

Honourable Mentions:
It is very hard not to mention anyone this week. I loved Sarah Hosking’s game. Davey was excellent, Harris was dangerous, Gabby Pound was solid and prolific, Harrington and van Dyke were really good defensively. Chloe Dalton and Brook Walker continue to improve every week. Breeann Moody was good … I could mention the whole team.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #83
Been tossing up over this for a while now....
3: Harris (Half of this for her performance, half for doing it under the pressure she's been under - akin to Waite playing the week his dad died)
2: Downie
1: Brazzale

Reply #84
3 Downie
2 Davey
1 Brazzale

Reply #85
3 - Brazzale
2 - Hosking, S
1 - Downie

And apologies to at least half the team who also deserved a vote.  Special mentions to Tayla Harris, Davey and Prespakis.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #86
 3-Brazzale
 2- Harris ( Nothing really to do with the events of the week for me though....I just think she set an example of 'hard at the ball and contest' that was infectious throughout the side)
 1-Downie

Reply #87
3- Downie
2 - Brazzale
1 - Prespakis

Reply #88
3. Downie
2. Prespakis
1.Brazzale.

Great effort girls.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #89
3-Brazzale
 2- Harris ( Nothing really to do with the events of the week for me though....I just think she set an example of 'hard at the ball and contest' that was infectious throughout the side)
 1-Downie

I love the way Tayla seems to appear out of nowhere to lay a bone-jarring tackle  :)