Skip to main content
Topic: Smith's Crew in SA (Read 81624 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Smith's Crew in SA

Reply #345
Just watched Warner's apology. No ducking and weaving, no excuses, genuine remorse and accountability and awareness as to the hurt he has caused a great number of people.

We all make mistakes and are so different but for me when folks are genuinely remorseful and accountable after having FdUp badly, the condemnation stops then and the healing and 'making good' begins.
Scripted and fake as was Smiths.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #347
If Smith was acting he scoop the Oscar's.   Looked pretty real to me.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #349

We've 22 blokes who'll go close to an Oscar today, for pretending to be AFL players.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #350
They were acting at a B grade level.... At best.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #351
And so the script plays out, we'll lose this Test by an innings and plenty, and then lose our next few Tests as well, and then all of the holier-than-thou media types will call for players to be sacked for playing without any passion....

Reply #352

Smith convinced me he was genuine, Warner was more scripted and looked like a PR team had some input, Bancroft was at least truthful about his part.
Only Smith will make it back IMO but I reckon its going to be a hard slog....

Reply #353
Smith convinced me he was genuine, Warner was more scripted and looked like a PR team had some input, Bancroft was at least truthful about his part.
Only Smith will make it back IMO but I reckon its going to be a hard slog....

Warner might've known more but couldn't say. Imagine the overreaction in the media if he said everyone knew and were involved. I'm happy he didn't say anything there just in case they were all involved.

Reply #354
9 for 488...only they can win it now, so we need some rain and a couple of big innings to draw the game..

Reply #355
At least the Bombers lost!

Wow, that's terrible (by us) after the stumps scoreline...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #356
9 for 488...only they can win it now, so we need some rain and a couple of big innings to draw the game..

The Saffies have collapsed; all out for 488  ;)

I reckon we needed Maxwell in the 11.  A couple of his mercurial efforts could have lifted the team out of the doldrums.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #357
Hazelwood 0-86.

poor
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #358
The Saffies have collapsed; all out for 488  ;)

I reckon we needed Maxwell in the 11.  A couple of his mercurial efforts could have lifted the team out of the doldrums.

I guess M. Marsh has the allrounders spot at No 6 sewn up for a while but yep I agree about Maxwell in a touring party for some X factor......

Reply #359
3-38....
Finals, then 4 in a row!