Skip to main content

Poll

Grinch or Elf

Grinch be gone, Merry Christmas and God Bless to all!
[ 4 ] (40%)
Alchohol sets me free!
[ 4 ] (40%)
Stuff Santa in a sack and send him swimming!
[ 2 ] (20%)
I don't believe in Santa or Jesus, but can I sell you some cheer?
[ 0 ] (0%)
I'm still recovering from Eid!
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Topic: Are you a Grinch or an Elf? (Read 13428 times) previous topic - next topic

Are you a Grinch or an Elf?

OK, now is the time to fess up.

I put in a few options for the broad range of possibilities, some are multifaceted.
The Force Awakens!

Re: Are you a Grinch or an Elf?

Reply #1
All about family and and close friends and having a lot of fun and laughs with them.

Then food. Then copious amounts of grog. Then illness and regret at having eaten and drunk too much.

Then I do it all again 3 days later - for my birthday.

Then I do it all again 3 days later for the New Year.

Then I remove my liver and soak it in 10 litres of water and magical herbs for a week.

Then I remove my brain and put it in a light and sound proof room for a week.

Then I promise myself I will never be so stupid again... then come December 25th, I repeat the cycle.

Each year it takes a little longer to recover.

Ps We set strong limits on gift expenditure.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2
This day is about spending time with the people you love, the people that matter in your life. I'm almost always lying back at around 3:30 pm with my uncles and cousins and a big dose of lamb poisoning at which point I declare no more lamb for at least a month! Sure enough by 4pm I'm back hacking at the lamb on the spit! And then the same thing again lol.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
What's Eid?

Reply #11
This day is about spending time with the people you love, the people that matter in your life.

In a utopian world, yes. In reality, no. 

The day is about spending time with families and extended families who make no effort whatsoever throughout the course of the year to see or speak to you, unless they really want something. I could be dead in a ditch and most would only learn at the end of the year when their selfish arses are ringing up looking for a dinner table to plonk themselves at on the 25th of December. This time of the year brings out the very worst in greed, selfishness, and the general flaws in the pigswill society we find ourselves in through the total lack of regard for what's really important in what is a very short life. 

My ideal Christmas would be spending it alone somewhere far away with no contact to anyone. Instead, I'll be pissing up into oblivion whilst looking through what may seem like glass models of people I call relatives, such is the transparency of the act they put on to get themselves through the day while they arrogantly treat each other like fools to see if one-another buys the act of nicety.

An absolute farce is what it is. 

Reply #12
This day is about spending time with the people you love, the people that matter in your life.

The day is about spending time with families and extended families who make no effort whatsoever throughout the course of the year to see or speak to you, unless they really want something. I could be dead in a ditch and most would only learn at the end of the year when their selfish arses are ringing up looking for a dinner table to plonk themselves at on the 25th of December. This time of the year brings out the very worst in greed, selfishness, and the general flaws in the pigswill society we find ourselves in through the total lack of regard for what's really important in what is a very short life. 

My ideal Christmas would be spending it alone somewhere far away with no contact to anyone. Instead, I'll be pissing up into oblivion whilst looking through what may seem like glass models of people I call relatives, such is the transparency of the act they put on to get themselves through the day while they arrogantly treat each other like fools to see if one-another buys the act of nicety.

Interestingly enough, I was the one who voted to stuff Santa in a sack and send him swimming.... for much the same reasons you posted :P.

I'm going to the beach with my girlfriend this year. We're going to get a kilo of prawns, a carton of coronas, enough lime for said coronas, and just make that our Christmas.
Just glad I'm old enough to have enjoyed the 1995 Grand Final

Reply #13

GozzMan... that sounds awful, Mate. And lonely.

The people we spend our time with at Christmas are people we care for and care for us... and have shown it throughout the year!

Yes, for people to be suddenly, on one day, nice to one another is sad. False.

You must have a few mates you can hook up with. You'd be welcome to join us only we'll be in Sydney and Canberra.

We do have one pain in the @rse uncle - born again Christian. Just about the most hypocritical pr1ck I know.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #14

I feel for you Gozza. It is indeed a very strong reality for me. Maybe because my family came from a different country the family ties are stronger. I don't know I see all my family all the time throughout the year. For example at the start of this month around 30 of us got together for a lunch on a Sunday. My Uncle and Grandma live just around the corner from my parent's house and they're around 24/7. Pretty much all the family live in around a 5 km radius I guess. Maybe it's just a wog thing! :P

I guess now I have two kids Christmas has begun all over again as I get to witness my kids' enjoyment which is something even better.

This time of the year brings out the very worst in greed, selfishness, and the general flaws in the pigswill society we find ourselves in through the total lack of regard for what's really important in what is a very short life.

So what is so important that we're all missing out on?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!