Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW R7 - Carlton vs Fremantle @Ikon - Sun 1:10pm (Read 3499 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW R7 - Carlton vs Fremantle @Ikon - Sun 1:10pm

Reply #15
Girls have made a great start against the 2nd on the ladder Freo,

3.4 to 0.1 late in the first.

Have all the play and the pressure is through the roof.

O'Dea nearly got her head knocked off from a stray moody kick.

Reply #16
AN opposite 2nd quarter with doctors getting all the play.

Slight breeze left of screen making it a scoring end.

Only 2 points scored to right of screen.

Reply #17
Good arm wrestle of a match.

I was just about to say whoever gets the next goal will have momentum....and the umps pinged Harrington for running too far. I reckon thats the first time i've seen that in a womens match. Of course, a goal results.

Commentators seem to be on our side today. Calling for a few 50's we never got as well.

Bang. Quick score, Gee roves off the back and doesn't miss.

35-25 with 4 mins to go in the 3rd.

Reply #18
Pressure turned up to 11 from both sides.

14 points up, 6 minutes to go.
Freo have the breeze.
We have the lead.

Will come down to the wire.

Reply #19
edit: Dockers kick a quick 3 goals.

4 points down with only a few minutes to go.

Our season on the line.
Will we stand up?

Reply #20
Who will be our Jack Newnes and kick a goal at the death to get us up over Freo?

Reply #21
Siren.

4 point loss.

Shattering.

Tough to make finals from here given the other results went against us.

Reply #22
Come on, gals. Dig deep, find that boldness again...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #23
Totally shattered. The gals did so much right against quality opposition...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #24
Dockers currently sit on top of the ladder. No shame in losing against them and we can hold our head up high.

Can't help but think a bit of extra run from Brooke Walker is exactly what we needed.

Reply #25
Can't help but think a bit of extra run from Brooke Walker is exactly what we needed.
Yep, lost at the MC.

btw., How can that not be a trip to Prespakis, clear open play and player's leg trips the person in front of them, accidental or not does not matter, that cost us a goal?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
The losses early in the year are what cost us. In the end  reality is we haven’t been able to live up to high expectations. Not up to the level of the top teams. 

Reply #27
Yep, lost at the MC.

btw., How can that not be a trip to Prespakis, clear open play and player's leg trips the person in front of them, accidental or not does not matter, that cost us a goal?

There was plenty of decisions (and non-decisions) that cost us a goal (or got them a goal) and that wouldn't rate in the top 10 IMO.

I thought overall that the umps were good. Things went against us in the last, and against the breeze, it made things hard.

Reply #28
The losses early in the year are what cost us. In the end  reality is we haven’t been able to live up to high expectations. Not up to the level of the top teams. 
Losses early did cost us.
Not having Pound for the start of the year hurt more than people realise. Doesn't play a bad game does Pound.
Missing Walker for the whole year so far (and Dalton for the whole year) basically meant we had to change our style to compete.

Overall we've had a good year. Just haven't won the tight ones.

We lost to Collingwood by 6 points
We lost to Dogs by 6 points
We lost to Freo by 4 points
We lost to North by 22 points in the only disappointing game we've played......and we didn't have Prespakis for that one (or Loynes)

Add Walker and Dalton and i'd say we are a goal better side and all of a sudden we have only lost 1 game for the year.

Reply #29
Losses early did cost us.
Not having Pound for the start of the year hurt more than people realise. Doesn't play a bad game does Pound.
Missing Walker for the whole year so far (and Dalton for the whole year) basically meant we had to change our style to compete.

Overall we've had a good year. Just haven't won the tight ones.

We lost to Collingwood by 6 points
We lost to Dogs by 6 points
We lost to Freo by 4 points
We lost to North by 22 points in the only disappointing game we've played......and we didn't have Prespakis for that one (or Loynes)

Add Walker and Dalton and i'd say we are a goal better side and all of a sudden we have only lost 1 game for the year.
Indeed. We have done what we could, but it hurts. We really should have won. We were the better team on the day. Unfortunately, when it counted in the last quarter, we couldn't produce. That has been consistent this year; our last quarters have been ordinary.

I'll comment more later, when I can get access to the stats.
Live Long and Prosper!