Skip to main content
Topic: Injury - Mimi Hill - confirmed acl (Read 1628 times) previous topic - next topic

Injury - Mimi Hill - confirmed acl

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/875864

Not the news we were hoping for, but need we were expecting.

Despite not getting a rising star nomination to this point,  I think she was one of the few standouts week to week over the competion.

As an 18yo, there is plenty of time to see her come back and have a full career. Hopefully she can make it back for r1 next year

Re: Injury - Mimi Hill - confirmed acl

Reply #1
Bad luck Mimi and best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

The incident was almost identical to the first time my daughter ruptured her ACL  :(

We had a discussion about the prevalence of ACL injuries among female athletes yesterday (she wrote a research paper on ACL injuries when she studied anatomy).  Female physiology, reproductive biology and the semi-professional nature of AFLW are all relevant factors.  Better fitness and conditioning should help and it may be necessary to “manage” players during their cycle.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
Better fitness and conditioning should help and it may be necessary to “manage” players during their cycle.
I've a relative that did sports science as well, apparently there is a bit of a problem because female athletes in close quarters for any extended interval as part of a team tend to "sync up" with their counterparts.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
I've a relative that did sports science as well, apparently there is a bit of a problem because female athletes in close quarters for any extended interval as part of a team tend to "sync up" with their counterparts.

I think that tends to be more of a household phenomenon LP.  I’m not sure that a workplace, no matter how close, could replicate that situation.

I hope not anyway 😳
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
I think that tends to be more of a household phenomenon LP.  I’m not sure that a workplace, no matter how close, could replicate that situation.

I hope not anyway 😳
Yes, I understand that in a domestic situation it is quite different, but I won't exclude Pro athletes who remain in close proximity far more than the average team, they are probably together for a few months of the year more than they are apart.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Hope for a quick and complete recovery. Mimi has been a revelation this year.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6

I hope not anyway 😳

I imagine most people spend more time with the people they work with these days than those they live with.

Its just reality.  The majority of the time I spend with my wife, we are both sleeping.

The people at work?  I spend 40 hours a week with them very much awake.

Anyway, thats a side point.  These days I spend more time with her than she does with anyone else, but I still spend more time with others than I do her, and thats just because I still go to work every day whilst she works from home.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
Yes, I understand that in a domestic situation it is quite different, but I won't exclude Pro athletes who remain in close proximity far more than the average team, they are probably together for a few months of the year more than they are apart.

Pro athletes?
Barely.

They are part timers really.

They'll spend a few hours together, every other day...and not much more than that.

Reply #8
They'll spend a few hours together, every other day...and not much more than that.
If true that's not even high level VAFA or VFL commitment, then why argue for the extra money, they said they had to give up careers and other sports, that doesn't come from just a few hours every other day?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
If true that's not even high level VAFA or VFL commitment, then why argue for the extra money, they said they had to give up careers and other sports, that doesn't come from just a few hours every other day?

Not sure who 'they' are exactly, but i don't know anyone who has given up a career....some still play other sports as well.

Darcy Vescio works for the club - digital department
Kez Harrington works for the club - masseuse i think
Tayla Harris is obviously a boxer.
Katie Loynes is a teacher, as is Brazzalle
Nat Plane is a landscape gardener and does 12+ hour days almost every day.
Obviously Chloe Dalton is still playing rugby 7's
etc

Reply #10
Not sure who 'they' are exactly, but i don't know anyone who has given up a career....some still play other sports as well.

Darcy Vescio works for the club - digital department
Kez Harrington works for the club - masseuse i think
Tayla Harris is obviously a boxer.
Katie Loynes is a teacher, as is Brazzalle
Nat Plane is a landscape gardener and does 12+ hour days almost every day.
Obviously Chloe Dalton is still playing rugby 7's
etc
Kerryn Harrington is a physio. She's ben part of a campaign by La Trobe to raise their profile. Very smart cookie, that young lady.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #11
Kerryn Harrington is a physio. She's ben part of a campaign by La Trobe to raise their profile. Very smart cookie, that young lady.
Thanks mate. I knew it was something to do with getting the body right...I underestimated her.