Skip to main content
Topic: How Malthouse’s Desire Won Everitt’s Services At Carlton - HUN (Read 10830 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How Malthouse’s Desire Won Everitt’s Services At Carlton - HUN

Reply #1
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouses-desire-won-the-day-and-andrejs-everitts-services-at-carlton/story-fni5f5nx-1227224543845
Yet another example of how little the general public knows about one of the all time great coaches. You just dont get to play and coach 884 games of elite level sport without being special. Never judge a book by its cover.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Nup, you judge by results. This is just a fluff piece TBH, what would happen if Robbo or Waite spoke their true feelings about Malthouse?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mick-malthouses-desire-won-the-day-and-andrejs-everitts-services-at-carlton/story-fni5f5nx-1227224543845
Yet another example of how little the general public knows about one of the all time great coaches. You just dont get to play and coach 884 games of elite level sport without being special. Never judge a book by its cover.

^^^ This.x2
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #4
Win games and then the club doesn't need to distract itself putting energy into articles about how we recruited someone who sponsors a world vision kid and no other Melbourne club was interested in.

Reply #5
Isn't this largely a reprint of an article that appeared after Andrejs made the wise decision to join us?

The most interesting part is Andrejs' statement that he is a tall wingman who can occasionally go forward and back.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
Nup, you judge by results. This is just a fluff piece TBH, what would happen if Robbo or Waite spoke their true feelings about Malthouse?
Again I say, 884 games and a high standing in the AFL/VFL community versus 1 bone head who couldnt get his off field act together (and isnt the most talented footballer going around) and another who took the money and ran at the end of a largely underwhelming career (promised much delivered SFA). Forget for a minute what we might think, who's opinion would the AFL/VFL community in general value more?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #7
Again I say, 884 games and a high standing in the AFL/VFL community versus 1 bone head who couldnt get his off field act together (and isnt the most talented footballer going around) and another who took the money and ran at the end of a largely underwhelming career (promised much delivered SFA). Forget for a minute what we might think, who's opinion would the AFL/VFL community in general value more?

Counts for naught if he can't get the job he was hired to do done though... We're in the results game, not the credibility one.

Reply #8

Counts for naught if he can't get the job he was hired to do done though... We're in the results game, not the credibility one.
Really? So there is no place at all left for integrity and standing in the game? Thats a shame.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9

Really? So there is no place at all left for integrity and standing in the game? Thats a shame.

Are we talking about the guy who told a bold face lie to the football world? Integrity has its place but we need to make sure we're traveling in the right direction.

Reply #10
Are we talking about the guy who told a bold face lie to the football world? Integrity has its place but we need to make sure we're traveling in the right direction.

IOT turns 70m out, swings into the corridor and goes 'Bang",,,,,, Gooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11

Integrity is a given, you don't get paid 1 mill + for integrity.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #12

IOT turns 70m out, swings into the corridor and goes 'Bang",,,,,, Gooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

:)) TBH I had him more kicking from around 85m but each to their own.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13
Integrity is a given, you don't get paid 1 mill + for integrity.

Should I ask James Hird about this, perhaps potential sociopaths see things differently. People with integrity may just be the next victim of their manipulations! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Here's an excerpt from the article in the Age in May last year:

"I just had to weigh up my situation, and it probably came to a point where moving back down to Melbourne was my best bet."

It was also the importance of family as advocated by Mick Malthouse when the enigmatic coach travelled to Queensland late in last year's trade period in an attempt to coax Everitt to the Blues.

"What really got through to me was his work-life balance," Everitt said of the three-time premiership coach.

Malthouse's message resonated with the lanky utility.

"When you're at training, train hard, train smart, but then get home to your families, get away from football and enjoy what else you like doing - it hit home that as much as you love Sydney, you can't beat being near your family and friends," Everitt said.

Perhaps just a touch of plagiarism from the Hun  ::)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball