Skip to main content
Topic: Jim Park Voting: Rd 15; Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 7264 times) previous topic - next topic

Jim Park Voting: Rd 15; Carlton vs Collingwood

I'll be at this one and I've missed too many this year. But at least my votes will make sense, assuming they ever make sense. :))

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.

Enjoy!
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Jim Park Voting: Rd 15; Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #1
E

9 Simpson
4 Curnow
2 Lamb
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #2
D

8 Simpson
3 Curnow
2 Cripps
1 Gibbs
1 Phillips
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #3
Team:   E
This was an absolutely terrible game with so many mistakes. Should I pleased that we kept a team with finals’ aspirations to 8 goals for the night or be horrified that we could only get 6?
We had a lot of guys who were really down as well. One of our poorer results.

Votes:
The first things that comes to mind about the voting is that just about everyone who actually got a vote was well below their best. That they were clearly among our best players is seriously alarming.
[2.5]   Simpson
[2]   Ed Curnow
[1.5]   Jack Silvagni
[1.5]   Thomas
[1.5]   Gibbs
[1.5]   Byrne
[1]   Docherty
[1]   Lamb
[1]   Plowman
[1]   Rowe
[0.5]   White

Explanations:
Normally I find I undervalue the number of votes that players get to mention all the guys whi deserve a mention. This is not the case this week. If anything, I am being generous.
[2.5]   Simpson:   Good numbers and some real effort, but he was really down compared to recent weeks and simply did not have the impact he usually does.
[2]   Ed Curnow:   A good negative job
[1.5]   Jack Silvagni:   One of very few who were not down. Silvagni was in the action and stood out with his good decision making and the fact that he was always a danger. He took marks and made scoring opportunities for his team mates. He ran out of puff, somewhat, and he didn’t get a goal, but he made a more than solid contribution.
[1.5]   Thomas:   Tried hard and was more than serviceable.
[1.5]   Gibbs:   Lots of the ball and a couple of nice goals, but not a patch on some of his recent games. We really need to work on the centre square.
[1.5]   Byrne:   One of our best until he was injured. Would have been close to our best player, as he hadn’t fumbled or stuffed up as much as some of the others.
[1]   Docherty:   Tried his guts out, but was well below is best. He fumbled, misjudged marks, but he kept at it all night, trying to lift the team with sheer will.
[1]   Lamb:   Solid and managed some goals.
[1]   Plowman:   Solid in defence
[1]   Rowe:   Really did a number on Cox, but struggled to find the ball himself.
[0.5]   White:   Had Reed under control for the 1st half, but was required in defence after that. Reed got on top after that.

Honourable Mentions:
Phillips:   Tried hard in the ruck and started to get the taps again. Took a couple of nice marks and got a goal, but had to lower his colours on the day.
Kreuzer:   Tried hard in the ruck and started to get the taps again. Took a couple of nice marks early, but had to lower his colours on the day.
Cripps:   21 possessions and most of our clearances but well below his best and given no room to move at all. Didn’t look 100% fit.
Wright:   A fair bit of the ball, but always seemed to be under pressure. Good, but not that good.
Kerridge:   Like Wright, he did OK, but he always seemed to be under pressure and he just lacked that effectiveness he can have.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
Team: D-

6 Simpson
3 Docherty
2 Byrne
2 Plowman
1 White
1 Phillips
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Team E:

6: Simpson
3: Curnow
1: Philips
1: Docherty
1: Rowe
1: Plowman
1: Gibbs
1: Lamb

Reply #6
Backline/midfield C+
Forward line E (White and Silvagni exceptions)
So
Team D

6 - Simpson

3 - Docherty

2 - White

1 - Curnow

1 - Gibbs

1 - Lamb

1 - Plowman

HM- Byrne, Cripps, Phillips, SOJ, Tuohy.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
Team E
Simpson 6
Docherty 3
Curnow 2
Sumner 2
Phillips 1
Byrne 1

Reply #8
crashlander giving Silvagni 1.5 votes......FFS, gimme a break.

Team performance E

4 - Simpson
3 - Docherty
2 - Plowman
2 - Rowe
1 - Curnow
1 - Lamb
1 - Wright
1 - Phillips
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #9
Team D

5 Simpson
4 Docherty
3 Curnow
2 Sumner
1 Gibbs

Reply #10
PS Crash I love your work on here, but how you can give Thomas a vote after that performance has me baffled. Just counting the days until his contract ends and we can move forward as a club....

Reply #11
Team = D

[8]   Simpson
[2]   Curnow
[2]   Wright
[1]   Docherty
[1]   Plowman
[1]   White

Reply #12
Team: D

5 - Simpson
4 - Curnow
3 - Plowman
2 - Gibbs
1 - Wright
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #13
Team. D

6. Simpson
4. Curnow
3. Docherty
1. White
1. Plowman
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #14
Well, it looks like I stirred up things a bit this week. :)
Fair enough. We all have different opinions.

To answer the 2 comments:

Thomas and Silvagni: Most of our players on the night were not playing at their best. Some, like Everitt, were appalling. I was disappointed by them. Yet here was a lad in his 1st game who gave of himself and impressed me with his attitude and his willingness to have a go. He was an excellent team man and probably our only forward who actually looked dangerous.
Maybe I have inflated Silvagni's value a bit, but I usually have the opposite issue: I struggle to acknowledge the guys who deserve a mention. I was, and remain, relatively unimpressed by what even our better players produced. Simmo was one of our offenders when it came to buggering around the sideways and backward stuff and he made uncharacteristic errors for all of his work. He tried valiantly to lift the team, as did Docherty, but neither of them had nights they will want to remember. And they were our best. That set the bar very low for me. Silvagni didn't have any trouble jumping that bar.

Thomas: again, he didn't have a great night, but he tried his guts out and got the ball. What he did with it, well, I won't go there. And he did a lot of unrewarded running. In a game where so few of our players did anything of significance, he deserved his mention.

I thought about Wright, as he had 20 possessions, but he was under pressure every time he got the ball and just did not use it to his normal standard. I thought it was one of his poorer games for the year, where he and Kerridge, the other guy I considered, could not say that they even broke even with their opponents.

With so many of our players down and appearing to lack confidence in each other, especially going forward, I am surprised still that we got with 2 goals. But then Collingwood were no world-beaters either.

Feel free to disagree. The idea of this type of voting system is to handle the various opinions and deliver the votes accordingly. I would find it impossible to justify giving anyone 5, 6, 7, 8 votes on this effort, but that is me.

Enjoy and keep voting!
Live Long and Prosper!