Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Perambulations: AFL 2020 R11 Carlton vs West Coast (Read 9994 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Perambulations: AFL 2020 R11 Carlton vs West Coast

Reply #30
Having just watched WC v G can't see how we'll get close to the Toast next week. Nic Nat was outstanding. Speed and precision aplenty. I fear for our team and what the opposition will do  to us.

Reply #31
Having just watched WC v G can't see how we'll get close to the Toast next week. Nic Nat was outstanding. Speed and precision aplenty. I fear for our team and what the opposition will do  to us.
Mate just thinking about it, apart from the last 5 losses in row, prior to that was always 50-50 against them whether it was in here or there. If they really care about how they lost yesterday and really want to redeem themselves, we are a sneaky chance. Last 20 games are as follows:
LWLLLLWWWWLLLWWLLLLL
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32
Mate just thinking about it, apart from the last 5 losses in row, prior to that was always 50-50 against them whether it was in here or there. If they really care about how they lost yesterday and really want to redeem themselves, we are a sneaky chance. Last 20 games are as follows:
LWLLLLWWWWLLLWWLLLLL
If only it was a simple game of roulette you’d be right, but they’re in rare form, living at home, supported by friends and family and a partisan crowd. With that context, if we beat them it will arguably be the finest victory in the history of our club.

Reply #33
If only it was a simple game of roulette you’d be right, but they’re in rare form, living at home, supported by friends and family and a partisan crowd. With that context, if we beat them it will arguably be the finest victory in the history of our club.

Agree Dora, all I am saying I am NEVER confident playing Hawthorn because of our record against them and their coach. Conversely, I feel we have done ok in the past v WC so you never know. We beat Geel at Geel against all odds and given our up and down form who knows. We had so many players down for 3 qtrs vs Haw, I would hazard a guess (and bloody hope) that aint gonna happen two weeks in a row.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
I'm sorry that Moore didn't work out, but it is something I expected. he deserved a call-up, given his form in the 2's. But he is a senior AFL player. Simple as that.

If H isn't fit, I wouldn't play him. he has been disappointing for much of this year.
Mitch McG could come in for him, if he is on. I would think he would be, but ...

De Koning has to come in. he is young and raw, but he is the only one of our rucks who can outleap NicNat.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #35
I'm sorry that Moore didn't work out, but it is something I expected. he deserved a call-up, given his form in the 2's. But he is a senior AFL player. Simple as that.

If H isn't fit, I wouldn't play him. he has been disappointing for much of this year.
Mitch McG could come in for him, if he is on. I would think he would be, but ...

De Koning has to come in. he is young and raw, but he is the only one of our rucks who can outleap NicNat.

Perfect time to unleash the king. If nothing else and he gets a bath, he realises what it takes to dominate at AFL level and works towards it. He has the attributes to be a Nic Nat, so why not give him a crack at him in short bursts.

Gov won't come up after a hammy that quick. At best he might be back for Freo.

Harry i think will play. Seems good enough without being dominant.
Moore has to go. TDK will offer us more than Moore.

Reply #36
Perfect time to unleash the king. If nothing else and he gets a bath, he realises what it takes to dominate at AFL level and works towards it. He has the attributes to be a Nic Nat, so why not give him a crack at him in short bursts.

Gov won't come up after a hammy that quick. At best he might be back for Freo.

Harry i think will play. Seems good enough without being dominant.
Moore has to go. TDK will offer us more than Moore.

I think so too. It'll be an athletic contest with Nic Nat so TDK would be a good selection.

Reply #37

This is Carlton we're talking about. When going we match the best, when not Adelaide is hard work. Remember we lost to Melbourne then fronted up the next week and beat Geelong. Take away the last qtr and we did a better job on Geelong than the Eagles did. Then we should've beaten the side on top of the ladder too.

Don't get caught up with a bad loss, every side has them. We've only had 2 under Teague. The rest were frustrating losses. Our best matches anyone as Geelong and Port found. We're just as likely to win this week then lose to Freo.

There's alot of hub traveling right now so it's not surprising some sides were as flat as a tack last week, including us. There were some shocking, one-sided games.

TDK in this week. His athletic style would actually be suited to Nic Nat than it might others.

Reply #38
we beat geelong ,footy gods were on our side that night ,2 players down and in 7/8 min of football almost won game we just hanged on

Reply #39
Given the craziness of this season, most predictions will come a cropper at some point. In some kind of biazrro way, we may win, but on paper, they should win by at least 6 goals. They just have quality on every line. Nic Nat in great form, Gaff, Shuey, Yeo, Kelly, etc - nothing more needs to be said. In terms of individual talent that has actually delivered (i.e not counting "potential" like GWS and the Suns) I would argue they have the most talented list in the comp.

Reply #40
I'm not expecting too much against an in form WCE, but you never know with us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #41
I'm not expecting too much against an in form WCE, but you never know with us.
Most interesting thing for me is how our defence handles Kennedy and Darling, I hope for some real improvement against A-Grade power forwards.

The rest I'm not expecting too much.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #42
we beat geelong ,footy gods were on our side that night ,2 players down and in 7/8 min of football almost won game we just hanged on

Yes, we thrashed them unmercifully for 3 qtrs then $hit the bed in the last but held on.

Our best is good enough but....................

Reply #43

Yep. Sadly, the word is that the Pussycats were over-confident, thought they had it in the bag. Supported by playing a chubby Jack Steven (who gifted us a goal with a misdirected hand ball... among other stuff ups from him, a brilliant but sadly underdone player).

But that doesn't alter the fact that we came to play and took advantage of their lethargy / few % drop in focus which you cannot do against any side these days... well, maybe against the Crows you'd get away with it!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
Yep. Sadly, the word is that the Pussycats were over-confident, thought they had it in the bag. Supported by playing a chubby Jack Steven (who gifted us a goal with a misdirected hand ball... among other stuff ups from him, a brilliant but sadly underdone player).

But that doesn't alter the fact that we came to play and took advantage of their lethargy / few % drop in focus which you cannot do against any side these days... well, maybe against the Crows you'd get away with it!

They almost got away with it. They were coming like an avalanche. I'm quite certain that with another 3 or 4 minutes they would have rolled us.