Skip to main content
Topic: AI and creativity. (Read 9260 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AI and creativity.

Reply #61
Check out the final Beatles video clip, done by Peter Jackson with a lot of AI....  so good....

https://www.msn.com/es-mx/noticias/mexico/the-beatles-now-and-then-official-music-video/vi-AA1jlY2B

Watch it through to the end.....

It's a nice song. Certainly even the "worst" of the Beatles never dips below a certain level of greatness, but I find the production a little jarring. Maybe it's just the shock of the new. Lennon's vocals from 1974, Harrison's guitar parts from 1994, Paul and Ringo from 2023. And they all sound of their time. The bass, piano and drums sound modern, like anything recorded now. I'm glad they did it, but it neither adds nor detracts to my fondness for the Beatles.

Reply #62
I too had a listen. Always an admirer of The Beatles (who isn't)  but not a huge fan (prefer the Stones). My opinion is that 'creating' a new song is better than having it left on an unlistenable cassette but it is hardly a great song.

I was interested to hear the other day 2 Brian Johnson ACDC songs with Bon Scott doing the vocals (via AI). Also a bit tinny sounding I thought but I always way preferred Bon vocals. Where will it end? Maybe me on lead vocals...

In a way, I also prefer listening to the Stones, but the two bands are on different planes IMO. The Stones were a great band, but the Beatles changed popular music forever. I think part of the reason the Stones are more user friendly is that they never really stray too far from their roots. They were, as Elvis Costello so wonderfully put it, "rabid RnB evangelists." The Beatles were genre busting, boundary pushing musical geniuses IMO.

Reply #63
That's probably true...
You can hear a Stones song and can tell almost straight away it's the Stones.
It's a sound that's endured over decades.
The Beatles went through such a range of different sounds in the short time (less than ten years) that where together that where they finished up was 'chalk and cheese' to where they started.

Reply #64
That's probably true...
You can hear a Stones song and can tell almost straight away it's the Stones.
It's a sound that's endured over decades.
The Beatles went through such a range of different sounds in the short time (less than ten years) that where together that where they finished up was 'chalk and cheese' to where they started.

The period of time when the Beatles decided to move away from mop top teen sensations, to serious musicians determined to push themselves to the limit, is the most spectacular transformation in pop music history. They were influenced by Bob Dylan's super trilogy of mid 60's recordings. U2 and Radiohead have followed suit and also went through a transformation in their careers. 

Reply #65
Check out the final Beatles video clip, done by Peter Jackson with a lot of AI....  so good....

https://www.msn.com/es-mx/noticias/mexico/the-beatles-now-and-then-official-music-video/vi-AA1jlY2B

Watch it through to the end.....

The song is pretty good, but the film clip is fantastic.  Peter Jackson , take a bow....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #66
Yep, great clip.  The song's sentimentality reminded me immediately of George Harrison's When we were fab from the late 80s.

It's kind of wierd listening to it because it feels like a post Beatles song, but just by one of them until there are some quite typical Beatles structure/progressions to it.

In the 90s, there was also Natalie King Cole singing Unforgettable 'with' her father, which was considered ground breaking.

This is taking things to a new level - pretty fascinating how they are able to do all that.

Reply #69
Obviously, AI doesn't stop you being shizen!

But I'm not actually sure what is more shizen, the AI or the person trying to script the result! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #70
It's a bit of a dirge...but it's not the worst song. I'd actually like to hear it on vinyl. :D

Reply #71
.......................... I'd actually like to hear it on vinyl. :D
At least then you could throw it at the wall when you're done! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #72
Obviously, AI doesn't stop you being shizen!

But I'm not actually sure what is more shizen, the AI or the person trying to script the result! ;D

It just needs to release a sex tape and then it can replace the modern day pop stars completely.
The music is equally bad and 'paint by numbers' as the rest of the crap that is released nowadays so go the whole 9 yards with it and replace them altogether.

Reply #74
As many of you know I'm not a big fan of the media, in fact I've grown to loath it. But I have to say they taken low to a new lower level recently with the storm in a teacup Royal Photo agenda.

Now before we get into the technical, is it just me or could it be the media is just a tad hypocritical about altering photographs? :o

Any techno savvy person already knows what is happening here, in fact we've seen it advertised on TV. You know the Google or Apple phone that takes a bunch of bracketed shots and gives you a selected mix of singularly blissful perfection. Swap your frown turn it upside down AI to the rescue, cut grumpy distracted kid reinsert blessed angel, just swipe. All on auto if you are willing to surrender to your new digital overlords! ;)

Me thinks there might be a few In-House royal photographers who a feeling a little miffed at the royal selfie trend, and are willing to beat-up spill the beans. You can hear the grinding of royal photographer teeth even here in the antipodes! :D
The Force Awakens!