Skip to main content
Topic: Tramps Like Us (Read 6819 times) previous topic - next topic

Tramps Like Us

Springsteen nailed it again last night at AAMI! All I can say is, if you haven't seen this guy live, 'Do yourself a favour'.  67 years young, does not stop for 3 plus hours AND DELIVERS! #bucketlistmust

Re: Tramps Like Us

Reply #1
Going next Saturday Townsend, looking forward to it!

Reply #2
His 'Embarrassed American' comment hasn't gone down too well on social media.

Legendary performer/song writer but should keep his political views out of his concerts where it costs a small fortune to watch him live.

Sick of listening to celebrities and musicians using their status to try and push a political view.

Reply #3
Half his songs are political...the horse might have bolted!!
"...that's the thing about opinion - you don't have to know anything to have one..."  Andre Agassi commenting on Pat Cash 2004
"...the less you know - the more you believe..." - Bono 2006

Reply #4
Half his songs are political...the horse might have bolted!!

Ironically, most of his classic stuff (Mid 70s to early 80s) was commenting on exactly the part of working class America that turned on Clinton in the last election !

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #5
Going next Saturday Townsend, looking forward to it!
Which one Bear? AAMI Park on Saturday 4th (was a great night as always!) or Hanging Rock on the 11th Feb? Is this the first time you've seen him?

Reply #7
His 'Embarrassed American' comment hasn't gone down too well on social media.

Legendary performer/song writer but should keep his political views out of his concerts where it costs a small fortune to watch him live.

Sick of listening to celebrities and musicians using their status to try and push a political view.

Not sure you'll get much joy there Shawny old son. Celebrities, like the rest of us, are entitled to a view, and we're entitled to accept, reject or ignore it.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8
I'm off to the hunter valley, Saturday week.
Can't wait

Reply #9
The American people were sick of mega rich celebrities telling them who to vote for hence why Trump is in power.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #10
We've all woken up the morning after the night before, realizing that what seemed like a good idea at the time, isn't really that now.

Whatever drunken fervor took hold of the American people, whatever motivation they had, the spell will soon wear off. Or to borrow a snippet from Churchill, "tomorrow I shall be sober."

Voting for Trump simply to stick it to the East Coast Elites is the height of stupidity. I thought Hilary Clinton was ordinary, but her position on just about any topic I can think of was better than Trump's.

Reply #11
We've all woken up the morning after the night before, realizing that what seemed like a good idea at the time, isn't really that now.

Whatever drunken fervor took hold of the American people, whatever motivation they had, the spell will soon wear off. Or to borrow a snippet from Churchill, "tomorrow I shall be sober."

Voting for Trump simply to stick it to the East Coast Elites is the height of stupidity. I thought Hilary Clinton was ordinary, but her position on just about any topic I can think of was better than Trump's.

Why??

I see lots of hysteria, but not much of substance actually occurring at the minute.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #12
Hanging Rock... first time.

I'm excited.
Have a great time mate, you won't be disappointed I reckon, one of the best live acts ever, and set list is never the same, so you never know what you'll get:-) About an hour and a bit into the AAMI Park show in 2014, Bruce steps up and says "we're going to play Born in the USA from start to finish" and they did...things like that are what make Springsteen & the E Street Band my favs ;)

Reply #13
The American people were sick of mega rich celebrities telling them who to vote for hence why Trump is in power.

I'm not sure whether you're having a lend of us MBB but isn't Trump a mega rich celebrity?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
I'm not sure whether you're having a lend of us MBB but isn't Trump a mega rich celebrity?

The yanks are sick of mega rich celebrities telling them who to vote for. They're not sick of voting them into power. Or should I say, they're not sick of a system where someone with less actual votes can win office.