Skip to main content
Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 4616 times) previous topic - next topic

Hey everyone

Dont know if ive posted in right place im 32 been here 5 years and fallen in love with footy wondered if theirs like a social club or something to go down to games with people my 3 children are too young yet to enjoy it and be great to catch a game with some people

Re: Hey everyone

Reply #1
Hi Pominoz and welcome to the forum  :)  There's the official Carlton Social club, but that's a) incredibly expensive and b) not actually very social lol. 

Your best bet is to put a shout out on one of our match day posts and see who else is around on that day. A lot of us go to the games and have met up with fellow posters over the years.

Glad to have you on board!

Reply #2
Thanks om guessing its like the members bars in soccer in uk full of fans who say their fans for the business benefits no actual clue on the game only interested in status!

Thats cool thanks love carlton been following them since i came hopefully will see a finals run in next few years

Go to about 6 or 7 games looking at the gc game as my next trip have to work for the bombers game  id imagine a ripper atmosphere

Reply #3
Thanks om guessing its like the members bars in soccer in uk full of fans who say their fans for the business benefits no actual clue on the game only interested in status!

Thats cool thanks love carlton been following them since i came hopefully will see a finals run in next few years

Go to about 6 or 7 games looking at the gc game as my next trip have to work for the bombers game  id imagine a ripper atmosphere

Er, I don't think so, well not this time P.  :o

I sense a flogging coming up in front of a bloodthirsty baying Bummer mob! A good one to miss. GC a much better option IMO.  ;)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Go to a cheats FC game and witness the lowest section of the human race....  "such a pit of scum and villainy as one will find".
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5
just moving some work around, do fancy it, i kinda feel in my gut its a game thats winnable at the start of the season so be good to go cheer the blues home

Reply #6
Welcome aboard pominoz.
Your choice of football club is exemplary ;)
Hopefully you'll be able to buddy up with some of our passionate supporters.
Have fun.
I look forward to hearing your comments.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #7
Ease up on us social club members!

Although I must say, I haven't actually been to the actual designated social club bar yet.

Reply #8
I do apologise  i didnt mean that as harsh as it came out! When in uk we used to get tickets in the members bar and the atmosphere was dead

As i was younger i used to tip the beer into a plastic cup and make my way to the snoking area just so i could here the crowd

Im sure here though in aus most people are more sporting educated so it would be a good craic

I have to say when i went to see us vs the pies the collingwood fans were good for banter was weird for an englishman to be wearing his team colours talking to someone in another teams colours and not waiting for him to suddenly throw a punch

Reply #9
No probs Pominoz... I think the concept of club membership in AFL  is a bit different to English football clubs?

If you haven't yet done so, become a member. Anyone can be a member, find the level you want and sign up... that would enable you to sit amongst the Carlton faithful on match day.

Take your kids to the footy as well, as soon as they are old enough. You will note how many women and kids attend games, which I think is also a difference to English football?

Reply #10
I have taken my 9 year old step daughter to few games however shes a girly girl and enjoys it but not every week my 3 year odl n 2 year old are boys so fingers crossed he does love watching it but wont sit still for 2 hours

Reply #11
I do apologise  i didnt mean that as harsh as it came out! When in uk we used to get tickets in the members bar and the atmosphere was dead

As i was younger i used to tip the beer into a plastic cup and make my way to the snoking area just so i could here the crowd

Im sure here though in aus most people are more sporting educated so it would be a good craic

I have to say when i went to see us vs the pies the collingwood fans were good for banter was weird for an englishman to be wearing his team colours talking to someone in another teams colours and not waiting for him to suddenly throw a punch

There will always be a few ferals around, and there will always be fans of team x who swear black and blue that fans of team y are evil, scum, etc., but most footy fans are ok.

Reply #12
There will always be a few ferals around, and there will always be fans of team x who swear black and blue that fans of team y are evil, scum, etc., but most footy fans are ok.

Totally agree mate, however in footy i have to say rival fans are pretty good,  maybe im getting old but i enjoy going to a game supporting my team having a few quiet ones and chatting rubbish not pretending im part of an ancient tribe so its nice

However i do enjoy opening my mouth and people being shocked a pom likes the game and follows a team hahahaa but like i say its like rugby league i grew up with on steroids fast big hits great high marks whats not to love

Reply #13

Mate, that's the great thing about this game....although there seem to be a few more unsociable individuals/groups going around than there used to be I think.  For the most part, supporters of both teams can gather in the same pub before the match, sit side by side during the match & have a beer together in the same pub after the match without any drama other than good natured ribbing.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #14
Greatest game on earth since the mid 90s when they started penalizing players for tackles and scuffles in league ive missed that then afl was here big hits mark its got everything now i get why australians find soccer boring i dont miss 90mins in the rain for no goals im a true convert