Skip to main content
Topic: The Irrelevant Logie Awards (Read 2851 times) previous topic - next topic

The Irrelevant Logie Awards

Back in the 70's and before, Logic Night was compulsive viewing.  Bert was at the top of his game, we couldn't wait to see which overseas stars made geese of themselves and we seemed to take a genuine interest in the results.

They were on tonight, I neither knew nor cared and came across the program by accident, stayed 5 minutes and left.  Is it me, is it a sign of the times, is it because TV Week is no longer a household essential?

Just a massive yawn!!

Re: The Irrelevant Logie Awards

Reply #1
I think it's :

(a). your age, and

(b). a changing of the guard as far as entertainment is concerned.

In respect of (a), as you get older, certain aspects of the zeitgeist still mean something to you, and others lose their relevance and ability to hold your interest.

In respect of (b), social media and the internet have created big changes in how entertainment is delivered, types of entertainment available etc.

Reply #2
Back in the 70's and before, Logic Night was compulsive viewing.  Bert was at the top of his game, we couldn't wait to see which overseas stars made geese of themselves and we seemed to take a genuine interest in the results.

They were on tonight, I neither knew nor cared and came across the program by accident, stayed 5 minutes and left.  Is it me, is it a sign of the times, is it because TV Week is no longer a household essential?

Just a massive yawn!!

Yeah, they are crap now-days.

Less local content to judge, they are basically judging four or five shows.

Even with the other channels toeing the line and not scheduling against the awards show they are a ratings flop.

They packed up half the crowd with reality TV contestants, most of the rest are past their use-by date!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
FTA TV is generally in decline in favour of pay tv and streaming services.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
I tuned in at the end to see who the gold. Glad the little battler from Preston Samuel Johnson won it. His portrayal of Molly was excellent FWIW. Molly joined him on stage and was a farken embarrassment. Seemed alcohol and/or drug affected. Glad I only watched 5-10 minutes if it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #5
Seen Molly twice and both times he embarrassed himself with alcohol.  Can't believe the adulation he receives.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #6
Ease up on Molly, he's had a serious brain injury which has effected his speech and movement. While he still may have been drunk, I don't watch the logies, chances are what you consider blotto may just be his disability.

Reply #7
Ease up on Molly, he's had a serious brain injury which has effected his speech and movement. While he still may have been drunk, I don't watch the logies, chances are what you consider blotto may just be his disability.

I believe he doesn't or isn't supposed to drink at all anymore, the risk of another injury causing a bleed is too great.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
It was years ago Ray and he was a deadest pig.  Got zero time for him.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9
With all due respect Raydan, I have heard Molly post accident many times and whilst I understand he has a permanent speech impairment, last night was impairment of another sort ;) His minders should not have let him go that far for that long.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time