Skip to main content
Topic: Elections (Read 20957 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: State Elections

Reply #210
Build the guy a statue.

He should get one whether he likes it or not.  Jeff Kennett passed a law requiring a statue to be erected to commemorate the legacy of Premiers who hold the office for 3,000 days.  Kennett said it was to "assist and promote art" but he was on 2263 days in the job and appeared to be a shoo-in at the next election.

Actually, only four of the six premiers who have done the 3,000 days have statues so Dan could miss out.  I used to like walking past the premier statues; the sculptor really captured their essence and mannerisms.  I think he's offered to come out of retirement to do Dan  ::) 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #211
It would be as popular as Captain Cook's.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #212
He should get one whether he likes it or not.  Jeff Kennett passed a law requiring a statue to be erected to commemorate the legacy of Premiers who hold the office for 3,000 days.  Kennett said it was to "assist and promote art" but he was on 2263 days in the job and appeared to be a shoo-in at the next election.

Actually, only four of the six premiers who have done the 3,000 days have statues so Dan could miss out.  I used to like walking past the premier statues; the sculptor really captured their essence and mannerisms.  I think he's offered to come out of retirement to do Dan  ::) 
I can hear the angle grinders warming up....

Reply #213
I can hear the angle grinders warming up....

If Henry Bolte's statue can survive ...

Personally, I'd like to see all of our statues with a significant electrical charge to "stop birds perching on them"  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #214

Personally, I'd like to see all of our statues with a significant electrical charge to "stop birds perching on them"  ;)
Can we afford the "significant electrical charge" with the State drowning in debt?...🤔

Reply #215

If they erect one for Dan, I would construct some bird baths or something else to attract as much crap as possible; that might make the statue worthwhile.

Reply #216
Irrespective of who it is, I find the defacing/damaging of statues (and public property in general) disgusting.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #217
Irrespective of who it is, I find the defacing/damaging of statues (and public property in general) disgusting.

So you’re a supporter of my electrical deterrent G2C?

Seriously though, some statues need to be removed; Crowther’s in Tasmania because stealing the skulls of recently deceased folk just  cannot be excused.  Most statues should stay but some could be used to educate the people about less savoury aspects of the past.

One of my Aboriginal mates loves Captain Cook because of his outstanding skill as a navigator, and he’s not alone.  Cook’s achievements should be celebrated and not obscured by the colonial aspirations of the King and his government.  Every statue of Cook should tell that story.

Reply #218
So you’re a supporter of my electrical deterrent G2C?

Yes
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #219
Three phase into the statue...just nick that with a grinder.   Results will be shocking.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #220

One of the big reasons kids and young couples can't get homes these days is because Kennett filled the pockets of Landlords with government funded cash to house all the inmates he had kicked out of the asylums.

You hit the nail on the head, Spotted One, with this important fact.

The terrible impact Kennett had on mental health in this state cannot be understated. By closing so many mental health facilities for serious conditions he created a hell on Earth for many families. Released into 'family care' these deeply ill individuals -- schizophrenia, psychosis, severe personality disorders etc. -- these families were left to manage deeply damaged/ill folks without any training or knowledge of how to treat the condition, whatsoever.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #221
Three phase into the statue...just nick that with a grinder.   Results will be shocking.

:))  :)) ...and those who seek to pee on the statue late at night... :o  :o
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #222

I was thinking of a stock fence charge ... but I can live with your upgrade  :)

Reply #223
Jeff ####ing Kennett.  And then this bloke has the temerity to become what, the head of Beyond Blue.  Spare me.  Talk about the cabal running Victoria for who's benefit?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #224
Jeff ####ing Kennett.  And then this bloke has the temerity to become what, the head of Beyond Blue.  Spare me.  Talk about the cabal running Victoria for who's benefit?

Has he got a gong?

What about Abbott conferring a knighthood on the old Queen’s hubby?

The whole thing is farcical!

By all means recognise volunteers, bravery, medical breakthroughs, etc but forget politicians and bureaucrats!