Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 15 2024 Pre-game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong (Read 3338 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 15 2024 Pre-game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

Geelong let a huge lead go against Sydney.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 15 2024 Pre-game Prognostications Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #1
As far as I am concerned its pay back time and expect nothing less from this group other than beating them handsomely.

Reply #2
A geelong friend of mine reminded me it was 20 year anniversary of the wiggins/riccardi touched goal yesterday.

Would probably enjoy a win over the puddy twats more than the win against the bombers.

Would really set us up for the season as well.

Reply #3
A geelong friend of mine reminded me it was 20 year anniversary of the wiggins/riccardi touched goal yesterday.

Would probably enjoy a win over the puddy twats more than the win against the bombers.

Would really set us up for the season as well.
Three screwin years in a row where we lost after the siren as well. It happened against Port Adelaide much later on (they were also the first in that streak, 2000, which was a shocking loss against a shocking team that year), but I didn't see it. Thankfully. Hopefully never will again. Thankfully Jack Newnes did it against Fremantle and we saw the joy of us winning after the siren for once.
I feel very confident about this one and think we can get the four points against a team on the slide.

Reply #4
Stanley copped a real bake in the media after the game for his efforts after half time on Grundy and Id expect him and a few other Cats like Cameron and Hawkins to fire up for this game and I expect a much tougher game than we got from Essendon.
I wonder also if C.Scott will consult B. Scott on tactics etc and try and get some early intel on how we setup and how to control Cripps, Walsh like the Bombers did. I presume they would talk to each other and discuss stuff like that during the week?

Reply #5
As long as we have a plan for Cameron, we should win this. Hopefully we've learnt something from the last couple of games we've played against them. He has been the difference.

Reply #6
Stanley copped a real bake in the media after the game for his efforts after half time on Grundy and Id expect him and a few other Cats like Cameron and Hawkins to fire up for this game and I expect a much tougher game than we got from Essendon.
I wonder also if C.Scott will consult B. Scott on tactics etc and try and get some early intel on how we setup and how to control Cripps, Walsh like the Bombers did. I presume they would talk to each other and discuss stuff like that during the week?

For mine, there is a pattern of play I see play out frequently and it annoys me. 

We are between the arcs, have an outnumber running forward, and somehow turn it over allowing our opposition to sling shot.  The next defender leaves his man to pressure the ball carrier.  Thing is when there is an out number all you do is burn petrol tickets to pressure the ball carrier, only for a quick release hand ball and that allows relatively unpressured forward entry with a chain of quick handballs and numbers around the ball.  Leaving the man at half forward to put pressure on here just creates an out number deeper.  Our defense is good, but not good enough to allow that. 

It happened a few times in the 3rd quarter, and against Geelong we did it repeatedly.  Allows too much easy run through the middle particularly in waves.  I think there its better to make them run it, hold your man and cut off the options.  They'll either run themselves into trouble or not but the percentages isn't to leave your man and not impact.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
As long as we have a plan for Cameron, we should win this. Hopefully we've learnt something from the last couple of games we've played against them. He has been the difference.

Don't play Young on him?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #8
Add Stengle to the watch and plan list.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
GTC.....Cats don't have a dominant midfielder at the moment so it wouldn't surprise to see Cincotta go to someone like Stengle and do exactly what he did against Pickett.

Reply #10
GTC.....Cats don't have a dominant midfielder at the moment so it wouldn't surprise to see Cincotta go to someone like Stengle and do exactly what he did against Pickett.
Hmmm, Dangerflog is due back against us and he dines out on us normally.
This week v the Tiggers:
Bowes and Holmes at 29 each
Duncan Atkins and Dempsey 27 each
Bruhn had 26
There's a bit of midfield power there stats wise.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
Surfie..Id be putting a player on Holmes if we can find one quick enough to stay with him.

Reply #12
We were missing some key players from the weekend last time against Geelong.
McGovern
Saad
Fogarty
Cincotta

All fast and can defend.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
We were missing some key players from the weekend last time against Geelong.
McGovern
Saad
Fogarty
Cincotta

All fast and can defend.

Four very significant inclusions, balanced to some extent by the absence of Cottrell and Pittonet.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
Four very significant inclusions, balanced to some extent by the absence of Cottrell and Pittonet.
If Pitto is still out it's quite a big loss, was possibly one of our best against them last time.

I wonder if Dangerflog will be back again to take out some of our ruck and Mid lower limbs around stoppages?
The Force Awakens!