Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 384926 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #2655
The problem is Trump does this by pandering to the lowest common denominators as a side effect.

I appreciate the underlying mechanism might be the result of Republican Governors taking a utilitarian approach to Trump's public claims, but the risk are the nutters in the community!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2656
That’s not a risk as far as Trump is concerned: it’s a feature. He knows if he targets someone on Twitter, his followers will take up the attack using all methods fair or foul. And he loves it. I’d imagine that he would experience almost orgiastic pleasure on hearing that his latest punching bag is receiving death threats.

The thing that makes him dangerous for his fellow Republicans is that he expects them to act like they’re on his Secret Service detail. They have to be prepared to take a bullet for him, at least metaphorically-speaking. Instead of laying down their lives, they have to surrender their principles, their political futures and perhaps their liberty. For instance, the Georgia Governor, Brian Kemp, has been one of his most sycophantic supporters, right up there with Florida Governor, Ron De Santis. But Kemp’s certification of the Georgia vote has earned him vilification. Trumpsters are claiming without any basis that he was bribed by Dominion to use its software, thus opening up the big steal. Trump expects his supporters to break the law for him or else he’ll extract payback.

PS: Sidney Powell made the above claim about Kemp as part of Trump’s campaign legal team, threatening a Biblical lawsuit. But it appears the GOP has finally had enough. She has been dumped without explanation. Wonder what Trump thinks about that.

Reply #2657
So, does the sacking of Sidney Powell signal that the GOP has given Trump an ultimatum: stop attacking Republicans, particularly in Georgia, and dial down the crazy or Republicans will be free to recognise Biden’s win and call out Trump’s election manipulations?

I doubt if she was sacked simply for airing baseless conspiracy theories. They’re Trump’s MO and they play well to his base. I can’t believe a polite request from the GOP would have worked. Trump only cares about himself and not the Senate.

Reply #2658
It looks like many of the alleged contested locations are sick of wasting money on futile attempts anyway!

The Powell event is an interesting one, not sure what to make of that, .......... mixed messages? :o

Trump only cares about himself and not the Senate.
This is where the chaos comes from, it's clear the Trump argy bargy is damaging the GOP in many sectors. It would be interesting to see a poll now, what the outcome might be after recent events!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2659
The Trump campaign is trying to sell the idea that Sidney Powell was never part of its legal team.  :D

Pity Trump announced a week ago on Twitter that she was on the team and she spoke alongside Rudy Guiliani and Jenna Ellis at the bizarre press conference at which Rudy had his celebrated hair dye fail.

Imagine if he needs one day to throw Ivanka under the bus: “That blonde girl, I’ve never even met her. Maybe she got me a coffee a few times. What did you say her name was?”

Reply #2660
Michigan election results were certified a little while ago and now the GSA has announced it has “ascertained” Biden’s President-Elect status. This means the transition formally begins and Trump’s administration is legally required to co-operate (though Trump has never met a law he wouldn’t break).

Reply #2661
Michigan election results were certified a little while ago and now the GSA has announced it has “ascertained” Biden’s President-Elect status. This means the transition formally begins and Trump’s administration is legally required to co-operate (though Trump has never met a law he wouldn’t break).
Seems like he's not going to fight it....for now. He's apparently given the go ahead for the transition on his part. Doubt we've  heard the last of the 'we wuz robbed' though...but it's full steam ahead for a President  Biden.

Reply #2662
Gonna be interesting .... once the reality sinks in

Reply #2663
Gonna be interesting .... once the reality sinks in

Was reading that there may be some legal actions planned challenging the integrity of the Dominion/Smartmatic voting system and that this is what Sydney Powell and her team are now focussed on. I guess we'll see very soon.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2664
Was reading that there may be some legal actions planned challenging the integrity of the Dominion/Smartmatic voting system and that this is what Sydney Powell and her team are now focussed on. I guess we'll see very soon.
Is that a technical analysis supplied by Russian or Chinese hackers? ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2665
Is that a technical analysis supplied by Russian or Chinese hackers? ;D

Don't know. I'll leave the speculation and crystal ball gazing to others.  😇
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2666
Trump’s court challenges have all been just for show. Guiliani and Powell have hoped the filing of court cases creates the impression that there’s a there there. Every time a hearing happens, the lawyers back away from alleging fraud and fail to present evidence. But right-wing media and social media don’t highlight the lack of evidence or the judges laughing the cases out of court. Instead, they concentrate on the out-of-Court allegations.

Given Sidney Powell is trying to peddle a conspiracy involving George Soros, the Clinton Foundation, the CIA, the Democrats, the late Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, bribes to governor Brian Kemp, and evil vote-switching software from Dominion, we might have to wait for Oliver Stone to direct the movie version.

Reply #2667
It's all over.
The reality is that Trump has never had the loyalty of more than a few hard core friends and family...and even some of those are a bit tentative.
Some right wingers along the way  have hitched themselves along for the ride but in most cases these 'associations' have been short lived 'marriages of convenience' which have quickly ended when these guys have realised Trump doesn't really share a passion for their cause. His only passion is the house of Trump.
There is no doubt he has inspired a genuine 'cult' amongst sections of society, many who could be considered extreme in their attitudes, but these were in the main folks of no real influence.
The best thing for Trump going forward i to move quickly through the transition period and inauguration..wait a few months and then resurface. He'll be like one of those little yappy dogs nipping at the heels. If Biden's a success his little yaps will just be noise.

Reply #2668
Trump's very studious, he's just following the teaching of Dylan Thomas!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2669

It's all over.
The reality is that Trump has never had the loyalty of more than a few hard core friends and family...and even some of those are a bit tentative.
Some right wingers along the way  have hitched themselves along for the ride but in most cases these 'associations' have been short lived 'marriages of convenience' which have quickly ended when these guys have realised Trump doesn't really share a passion for their cause. His only passion is the house of Trump.
There is no doubt he has inspired a genuine 'cult' amongst sections of society, many who could be considered extreme in their attitudes, but these were in the main folks of no real influence.
The best thing for Trump going forward i to move quickly through the transition period and inauguration..wait a few months and then resurface. He'll be like one of those little yappy dogs nipping at the heels. If Biden's a success his little yaps will just be noise.

Most people cant believe he ended up POTUS to start with.

Biden wont see out his term, and Kamala Harris will end up president which will hand the Republicans the next victory IMHO.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson