Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 39425 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #15
Graham is the logical replacement for Cripps.
(In my best Lurch voice): Urrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Thinking Weitering and Jaksch.

I know Andy Mac said test for this week, but on the same page that shows that video no the club website - injury - it shows him listed as 2-3 weeks.

SO i'm not expecting Weiters back this week.

Reply #18
I know Andy Mac said test for this week, but on the same page that shows that video no the club website - injury - it shows him listed as 2-3 weeks.

Weitering is indeed doubtful IMO so I agree that White and Jaksch will likely come in. Hopefully no other outs as we will definitely have our hands full but "yer never know!" Only a 6 day break but today's game would have surely whetted appetites and strengthened belief?  >:D
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #19
@ Kruddler

I remember the Ratten Objectives Thread...

Last time see on 5 in a row 2001?
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #20

BB said he's very close, if not this week against Norf, definitely next week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #21
@ Kruddler

I remember the Ratten Objectives Thread...

Last time see on 5 in a row 2001?

Wow.  Been a while... is there a Bolton objectives thread?

Reply #22
If memory serves me correct, the 'North Melbourne end' @ Etihad for their home games is the Lockett end (i.e. the end to the left of screen on TV)....reason I ask is that I wanna reserve seats & they're mostly available down the Coventry end.....don't wanna book seats anywhere near the North throng. So, if anyone can confirm which end our cheersquad will be sitting, that'd be great....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #23
If memory serves me correct, the 'North Melbourne end' @ Etihad for their home games is the Lockett end (i.e. the end to the left of screen on TV)....reason I ask is that I wanna reserve seats & they're mostly available down the Coventry end.....don't wanna book seats anywhere near the North throng. So, if anyone can confirm which end our cheersquad will be sitting, that'd be great....

Just watched highlights of their last game and their home end is the same as our home end. So book your tickets to the right of screen, Southern Cross station side.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #24
Hope a lot of you guys go to this game and take your friends and family.

I know it's not a home game, but I can't believe we can't get a good crowd there.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #25
Hope a lot of you guys go to this game and take your friends and family.

I know it's not a home game, but I can't believe we can't get a good crowd there.

Got my ticket.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #26

Good man!!!!!!
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #27
I think away from Goldstein, Waite, Tarrant, Thompson and Petrie the Norps smalls are a little open for the taking.

I'd be letting Ziebel get first use of the ball early then dumping him at every opportunity repeatedly. Get some of that similar tackling working against Nahas, Thomas, Jacobs, McDonald, Cunnington, Swallow and Harvey and you go a long way to defeating Norp. People are too focused on their talls, but to me it's Norp's on-ball brigade who tackle hard, run and spread well that are the engine for their success.

I'd play most of them like you should play Dawk's Mitchell, get body contact and push him into the traffic, then dump him with every disposal he gets.

I think it would be a big mistake for us to bring in Buckley, Tutt or any other similarly "softer" outside ball user. Norp feed on that type, they intimidate them by letting them get first use of the ball then dumping them in tackles. Both Scott coached teams do the same thing. Isolate the person with the ball then hurt them, their core group are Vultures. Best way to deal with it is turn the tables, Vultures like feeding on the defenseless dead, bite back and they'll stand back and wait for someone else to do the kill.

Norp might be ripe for the picking this week, their form line isn't so stellar, if we are fit Carlton by 4!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
I think away from Goldstein, Waite, Tarrant, Thompson and Petrie the Norps smalls are a little open for the taking.

I'd be letting Ziebel get first use of the ball early then dumping him at every opportunity repeatedly. Get some of that similar tackling working against Nahas, Thomas, Jacobs, McDonald, Cunnington, Swallow and Harvey and you go a long way to defeating Norp. People are too focused on their talls, but to me it's Norp's on-ball brigade who tackle hard, run and spread well that are the engine for their success.

I'd play most of them like you should play Dawk's Mitchell, get body contact and push him into the traffic, then dump him with every disposal he gets.

I think it would be a big mistake for us to bring in Buckley, Tutt or any other similarly "softer" outside ball user. Norp feed on that type, they intimidate them by letting them get first use of the ball then dumping them in tackles. Both Scott coached teams do the same thing. Isolate the person with the ball then hurt them, their core group are Vultures. Best way to deal with it is turn the tables, Vultures like feeding on the defenseless dead, bite back and they'll stand back and wait for someone else to do the kill.

Norp might be ripe for the picking this week, their form line isn't so stellar, if we are fit Carlton by 4!
Cant disagree with any of that. This may sound crazy but I would send Jamo to Waite. I dont think they ever liked each other much so I reckon Jamo can give him a hard time and unsettle him. It doesn't take much to do this with Waitey so may be worth a shot.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #29

Getting mine tomorrow. Being going from the NBs game to Etihad...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17