Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 41606 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 9: Pre Game Prognostications: Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #45
Don't think we can afford Rowe to ruck with North's tall fwds to cover?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
Based on the winning form of the past month coupled with the self-belief and will-to-win amongst the playing group, if we had a full list to choose from, we'd be a slim chance to knock over the Kangas this week.

With so many important players now out through injury, all we can ask for is another desperate effort and make them earn their win.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #47

Yep, I'd bring Wood or set Gorringe a challenge.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
bookies.

North 1.25

Blues 3.90

That's about right.
North went to sleep against Essendon but make no mistake they are a very good side and Wells will be back this week.
Top 4 the last two years and 8 zip so far this year, it isn't a fluke.
All I want is a good showing from the boys, 100% effort from go to whoa.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #49
Yep, I'd bring Wood or set Gorringe a challenge.
It will be interesting to see if either Wood or Gorringe is fit. Against Geelong we have a fair chance of having Phillips available. But this weekend our ruckman could be?????
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #50
It will be interesting to see if either Wood or Gorringe is fit. Against Geelong we have a fair chance of having Phillips available. But this weekend our ruckman could be?????

I don't think either played last match for Northern?  If not them, who?  Rowe backed up by Jones?  Lucky we are only up against the reigning AA ruckman or they might have their hands full.  Seriously, who else????  Could we upgrade Korchek if we wanted to or is he in wrong category of rookie - not that I am advocating that even if it was possible.  And I don't think we have a spot to elevate anyone anyway (Byrne having been elevated and there being no long-term injury listers as far as I am aware), or am I wrong?

I guess we just rove to a losing ruck.

Reply #51

Jaksch, Weitering, Plowman?

Anyway now with Kreuzer out if we have no other rukman, Jammo might stay in, Hopefully Weitering comes in, if not White, and Jaksch will have to come in and go forward while Rowe and Jones ruck. Hoping Wood is fit as he's gone well in the seniors.

Reply #52
Jaksch, Weitering, Plowman?

Anyway now with Kreuzer out if we have no other rukman, Jammo might stay in, Hopefully Weitering comes in, if not White, and Jaksch will have to come in and go forward while Rowe and Jones ruck. Hoping Wood is fit as he's gone well in the seniors.

Jim we have to cover Waite, Petrie and Brown, a pretty dangerous combo IMO. I personally would greatly prefer to see Rowe in our defence for this one, whoever else is in there for us. I don't like robbing Peter to pay Paul, we could end up with the worst of all worlds where we get killed in the ruck and in defence.

Reply #53
Jim we have to cover Waite, Petrie and Brown, a pretty dangerous combo IMO. I personally would greatly prefer to see Rowe in our defence for this one, whoever else is in there for us. I don't like robbing Peter to pay Paul, we could end up with the worst of all worlds where we get killed in the ruck and in defence.

Don't care, let them cover us and the extra player running off them. Too much worrying about them and not thinking of exploiting them. Remember a few years ago, 2010 I think, we played Geelong with Mooney, Hawkins and Podsiasdly in the same team. We didn't change our make mup to suit them. In stead Walker had a picnic in defence running off them and we belted them. Called playing to your own strengths.

If we have no other ruckmen then Rowe HAS to ruck. Even if Wood plays we need a 2nd ruck. No ifs or buts there either.

Reply #54
Team Defense is what we do now. Dosesn't matter who plays who. Bring in the best most in form player from the NB's to cover injuries. Play them into the system, build our depth. W's are fun, Flags are forever!

Go Baggers!

Reply #55
North might even give Goldstein the week off now.

Reply #56
Don't think this team can afford too many injuries and not liking what I hear from Gorringe. Agree with laj Rowe has to ruck and bring in Jaksch to play forward & Weitering if fit to play in the backline. Rowie will need to play all game in the ruck against Goldstein and will get 100 hit outs. Just need to keep doing what we are doing not doubting Boltons talents one iota and pull a rabbit out of the hat

Reply #57
Don't care, let them cover us and the extra player running off them. Too much worrying about them and not thinking of exploiting them. Remember a few years ago, 2010 I think, we played Geelong with Mooney, Hawkins and Podsiasdly in the same team. We didn't change our make mup to suit them. In stead Walker had a picnic in defence running off them and we belted them. Called playing to your own strengths.

If we have no other ruckmen then Rowe HAS to ruck. Even if Wood plays we need a 2nd ruck. No ifs or buts there either.

Yes master!  :))

Reply #58
North might even give Goldstein the week off now.

Don't think Brad Scott gives charity donations to other AFL clubs mate. Goldy will probably be the first one selected.  :)

Reply #59
Don't think Brad Scott gives charity donations to other AFL clubs mate. Goldy will probably be the first one selected.  :)

I hope he is ...we want to meet them a their best. More learning.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17