Skip to main content
Topic: RD 18 : Blues Scorch Suns (Post-Siren Sunburn)  (Read 26693 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 18 : Blues Scorch Suns (Post-Siren Sunburn)

Reply #30
I only saw the first quarter and a bit but Rowe got his hands to about 10 potential marks and didn't take one.

How does that happen with a guy who has sticky hands?

If you look closely, many of those potential marks he intentionally (obvioulsy following instructions) knocked down in front... for the smalls to gather. But your point is good... he should be allowed to back his judgment more often and take the mark. Plus, I reckon he's very early in learning how to be a 2nd ruckman and 2nd tall forward... he came from being the no. 1 in both. He'll learn. Because he wants to. His recent signing suggests the club thinks much the same... he will have 2014 to prove himself.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #31
Very happy with the team performance, if we play like that all the time we'll win more than we lose.
If you look at who we had missing from today we were just about full strength so we were entitled to beat Gold Coast, but we got the job done and did it easily so we shouldn't complain.
This is a good football team and there are two or three in the VFL who will make it better in the next year or so, there's reason to believe.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #32
I missed the entire 3rd quarter and the first 10mins of the last quarter. I need to see the replay before I can make many comments. Some negatives and positives from todays game. I think Curnow is now beginning to move along well and is developing into a mid that deserves respect. You cannot under-estimate his ability to shut your game down, while still getting the pill and creating opportunities to move forward.

We need to be careful as a playing group not to be too cute or go backwards before moving forward too often. I watched us take time checking our direct opponents at times, and were caught flat footed when they burst forward on a rebound. The Suns have genuine pace and have footy smarts working for them. They are not as green as the Giants. I'm happy we won this game. Not the best game I have watched but I need to see the full game still. Move on, next. Fremantle gives us our best chance of beating them with their injury issues. If we can't beat them here next week, we can't beat them anywhere, anytime in the near future. We need Waite in for his X-factor.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #33
We all love Sam Rowe. He is not quite good enough, but more than useful.
I think Sam needs games. We might need him in the backline too!
Tell me, how did Mat Watson go? Not many kicks, but good goal.
Is he paying his way, or is he a weak-link-awaiting-proof?
Would be good if he came through !!
To be honest, I wasn't disappointed in Watson's effort. He did what he had to. His various opponents didn't do a lot: most of Gold Coast's attacks went through Charlie Dixon (who Jamo minded when he played forward). If they had used Day's agility against Watto, they might have got somewhere, but they didn't.
Watson's goal was very nice and he really liked it.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #34
A few observations today...

Metricrap is a shocking ground to view the game, the shade and light are woeful.. I imagine playing would be even worse.

We won, after a great start it took three quarters to put em away.

Kicking for goal, is crape.

Field kicking and decision making, makes me wonder.

Carrots = woeful... is he cracking the sads or is he really that badly out of form...  ???

Simmo back to his best since his move down back.
Kreuzer controlled the ruck, still needs to impose his bulk around the ground..
Curnow did a great job on Ableet, (gees get sic of the circus of commentators masturbating over the man)

Hendo the man is maturing like a nice red.  ;D

Go BLUES !!!

Next the shockers... hopefully Adelaide hurt them bad.

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #35
We all love Sam Rowe. He is not quite good enough, but more than useful.
I think Sam needs games. We might need him in the backline too!
Tell me, how did Mat Watson go? Not many kicks, but good goal.
Is he paying his way, or is he a weak-link-awaiting-proof?
Would be good if he came through !!
To be honest, I wasn't disappointed in Watson's effort. He did what he had to. His various opponents didn't do a lot: most of Gold Coast's attacks went through Charlie Dixon (who Jamo minded when he played forward). If they had used Day's agility against Watto, they might have got somewhere, but they didn't.
Watson's goal was very nice and he really liked it.

I found it perplexing that Watson's first goal on the big stage was not greeted with huge celebration from team mates as is usally the norm.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #36
As mentioned already, kicking for goal was disgraceful, as was the umpiring and as usual so was the commentary. Get out of Ablett's ar$e. I have never seen a guy get so many kicks running around the back, and using the one two when you don’t have to. The press are way to concerned with stats. Remember last year against Collingwood, Ablett got 50+ and they lost by 100 points.

One thing about the Fox Footy coverage that really crapes me, after every goal you don’t see a replay until channel  7 come back from commercial, then it’s only a slow mo of a celebration or a bad angle of the goal. FFS fox I pay good money I want a Fn replay

Reply #37
I enjoyed Robbo's attempted KO shoulder missile into Gazza's chest to take Gaz (and himself) out of the contest. Shook the little master up and got under his skin nicely!

Good win. Freo next at Etihad sat night... tough ask!

Reply #38
I only saw the first quarter and a bit but Rowe got his hands to about 10 potential marks and didn't take one.

How does that happen with a guy who has sticky hands?

If you look closely, many of those potential marks he intentionally (obvioulsy following instructions) knocked down in front... for the smalls to gather. But your point is good... he should be allowed to back his judgment more often and take the mark. Plus, I reckon he's very early in learning how to be a 2nd ruckman and 2nd tall forward... he came from being the no. 1 in both. He'll learn. Because he wants to. His recent signing suggests the club thinks much the same... he will have 2014 to prove himself.

What about the three he dropped one out on a lead.

I like Rowe but he was awful in the first quarter.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #39
I enjoyed Robbo's attempted KO shoulder missile into Gazza's chest to take Gaz (and himself) out of the contest. Shook the little master up and got under his skin nicely!

My highlight also. On it's own maybe not a big deal but Gazza's over the top response proved it hit it's mark with interest.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #40
A few bagging Carrots I didn't think he was awful, I thought he was excellent when he went down back.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #41
Kicked away in the last to make it a big win. GC are still developing, and will be a little "one step forward one step back" for a while. 40 scoring shots to 22 is pretty food going though.

Well done lads.

Considering we had about 6 or 7 non contributors that's not a bad result.
Waite in for Rowe.

Agree but something else will need to change. Who is the relief ruckman once Rowe is gone?
What happened to my old profile?????

Reply #42
A few bagging Carrots I didn't think he was awful, I thought he was excellent when he went down back.
I think we all agree that Carrots is nowhere near his best: his decision making on the ball especially is not up to his normal standard. However, he was far from crappy. He managed 25 possessions at the same effectiveness of Murphy (who had 27). After half time he had a job which he did well enough.
I think he still needs a little confidence and more game time to find the form we all love. A couple of weeks back I suggested he might need a week or 2 with the Baby Blues. I think he is past that now - he is getting more ball. He needs a few things to go right, a couple of big wins, to get his confidence back.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #43
I'm a bit frustrated with Murph. He is not as damaging as he used to be and quite frankly does not look like a captain out on the field. Very happy with Hendo. He's become our most important player and I think he's only 22. Like most Malthouse teams, we generated a lot of shots on goal, just have to get the larger number on the left.
Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

(Formerly "Lookathim")

Reply #44
Something else that really peeved me was our constant short passing inside 50 to the small forward in the pocket. Rarely do they take the mark and even if they do they're around a 25% chance to score a goal. We need to go long to the square a lot more.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!