Skip to main content
Topic: Ashes 2019 (Read 53120 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ashes 2019

Reply #62
Head is heading back to the pavilion lbw Woakes...disappointing given Anderson is off the ground and we really just needed to see off Broad and Woakes...

Wade joining Head and heading back to the sheds same way as Head lbw to Woakes who has really improved after being a spud most of his career.

Broad and Woakes have ripped us a new one to be 8-129...Smith on 49 no.....
Stokes got Cummins...its been a LBW fest as our blokes are using their pads more than their bats..

Reply #63
Smith does what smith does
140 to get us 280
Freak
Farking freak

Reply #64
Smith is unorthodox but a great.  

Basically every other selection gamble failed.  Wade?   Really?  Longer should rip the collective a new one.  

Stokes is a flog and is lucky not to be doing time.   Using sandpaper seems to be more reprehensible to the Poms than bashing people.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #65
I'll cut the Aussie players some slack because it was possibly the worst day of cricket umpiring and chance in Test history. But they would want to boucne back significantly.

Smith is and always will be a star, in my opinion letting him be hung out to dry the way the ACB did was more criminal than the sandpaper incident!

We might be lucky that England bet on Anderson and lost! Regardless of match outcome Australia should become ruthless tactically run Broad, Woakes and Stokes into the ground during this test, it's exactly the sort of rubbish England would do instead of playing for the single win they can play to shape the series. Keeping in mind Archer's fitness is also questionable!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #66
Hung out to dry? He good as admitted he knew what was going on and did nothing, as Captain, to stop it?

Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #67
Why was the DRS introduced again ?  To eliminate the howlers wasn't it ?

well....it aint working....& will never work with the 2 review system.  And honestly, how does Alem Dar continue to get test matches.  He is the worst international umpire in world cricket.  I'd rather the best English umpires do the whole series.

Life is pain....... anyone who says differently is selling something.

Reply #68
Hung out to dry? He good as admitted he knew what was going on and did nothing, as Captain, to stop it?

I'm not talking about the offence and the penalties, I'm talking about how the ACB left them to the mercy of the international media.

But on the offence, maybe he should have had a rough patch sewn in their pocket and it would have been a wet lettuce leaf instead of a public hanging!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #69
Why was the DRS introduced again ?  To eliminate the howlers wasn't it ?

well....it aint working....& will never work with the 2 review system.  And honestly, how does Alem Dar continue to get test matches.  He is the worst international umpire in world cricket.  I'd rather the best English umpires do the whole series.

I also hate that bloody decision to have neutral umpires.  Home tests, home grown.

... and we had perhaps the finest in the world.

Reply #70
And honestly, how does Alem Dar continue to get test matches.

I think he's OK but perhaps he is too easily influenced by home crowds, but he's not on his lonesome in this regard!

I suspect that is why England love him, because he can be "got at" by the chants and screams of the Balmy Army! Aussie supporters are like Church Mice by comparison!

PS; Anyone else notice the Carlton caps appearing regularly in the crowd coverage overnight, it must have given Sheedy an overnight stomach ulcer! Does the club still have that campaign running of getting your Carlton jumper or cap on social media coverage around the world?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71

PS; Anyone else notice the Carlton caps appearing regularly in the crowd coverage overnight, it must have given Sheedy an overnight stomach ulcer! Does the club still have that campaign running of getting your Carlton jumper or cap on social media coverage around the world?

Given that the Carlton cap-wearers probably planned their trips for the Ashes some time ago, it might just be a comment on the fact that they didn't see much value in hanging out at the MCG or Marvel stadium in August!  Sheedy would say the Essendon supporters are all getting ready to attend finals matches.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #72
I also hate that bloody decision to have neutral umpires.  Home tests, home grown.

... and we had perhaps the finest in the world.

If we aren’t careful all umpires will be Indian

Reply #73
 Self righteous pricks these poms... Headlines like "should have banned him for life"!

Didn't see such indignation when Atherton got done for rubbing dirt on the pill,  or using mints to extract swing,  or a bloke bashing blokes outside a nightclub.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #74
English tabloids are only suitable for wrapping fish or lining the bottom of your birdcage.

Just cheap trash.