Skip to main content
Topic: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)  (Read 42817 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 10 : Blues defeat Crows (Post-Match Relief)

Reply #45
I wanna pay credit to Simon White. Thought he was fantastic down back for us. Really coming into his own down there.

Just don't tell him.  :-X

Reply #46
I wanna pay credit to Simon White. Thought he was fantastic down back for us. Really coming into his own down there.

Ellard?????  Too many negatives to get a senior game I reckon. Kicked a nice goal but lacks size, lacks height , lacks pace..........good wet weather hard nut slog it out footballer but how often do we play in conditions like that??

Agree on both cases.
Simon is certainly playing a great role down back, lov'n his work.
Davey has always had slow leg speed and now he struggles in a contest. Unfortunately injuries are the only reason he is out there getting a game.

Carrots, slower than escargot in garlic sauce !!

Reply #47
Dwayne Russell should stop doing Carlton games , his bias is sickening. eddie McDickhead 's comments after the game, whinging about Sloan being pinged for incorrect disposal and his throw, was just as bad. Learn the rules, the ball left his hand before his fist punched it, thats a throw every day. Didnt hear you mention the deliberate against Rowe, or the mark that was paid at half time that hit the ground.

Reply #48
Slightly off topic - you'd have to wonder if Sanderson is the right man for the Crows. On paper they are a good team, with some genuine quality. I'm a little mystified as to why they're not doing better.

Reply #49
Nice to be the winning team in a close one where the opposition kicked themselves out of it. Usually the other way around for us but hey bad kicking is bad football. We're still way off the mark compared to the top 8 teams but all I'm looking for now is positives.
Rowe has slowly got better week by week but I'm still not sold. His deliberate was a crap call but he paddled it over the line when he didn't even need to touch the ball!! Just stupid.
I've till got reservations about White also but too is playing well enough at the moment to still get a game.
I really hope Menzel achieves the potential he has shown us early on in his career. Fingers crossed.
Murph I thought was outstanding. Pretty good game by Gibbs but I really think he is a lazy type.
I think Caz is starting to really improve also. I now expect him to take every mark he goes for. He is also serviceable in the ruck
Our pick-ups this year look like they may pay dividends. Everett, Docherty and Thomas were all great tonight.
Simmo was awesome.
Plenty of body on the line stuff tonight which was the most pleasing aspect of our game I thought.
Still at the end of the day I didn't think we had a chance today and we've walked away with the 4 point so all is good
 ;D

Reply #50
Slightly off topic - you'd have to wonder if Sanderson is the right man for the Crows. On paper they are a good team, with some genuine quality. I'm a little mystified as to why they're not doing better.

Good point. I had them in the 8 at the start of he year.

Reply #51
Dwayne Russell should stop doing Carlton games , his bias is sickening. eddie McDickhead 's comments after the game, whinging about Sloan being pinged for incorrect disposal and his throw, was just as bad. Learn the rules, the ball left his hand before his fist punched it, thats a throw every day. Didnt hear you mention the deliberate against Rowe, or the mark that was paid at half time that hit the ground.

WOW, glad I'm not the only one.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #52
Thought we were gone at 3/4 time, so to fight it out for a win was a massive and always welcome relief.

I just don't know what's happened with Henderson, his past month has been nothing short of terrible in general. No impact, no influence, completely non-existent and unfortunately for him he hasn't been able to be thrown into the back line to find some touch 'cos of the form of White and Rowe. I just don't understand what's going on with him.

Daisy's goal in the last.....reckon he was relieved as much as he was jubilant. That was almost the exact same shot he had against the Pies and we all know how that ended up. His shot was right in front of our bay of seats and his fist-pump to the crowd when it sailed through was a huge team lift and it was great seeing the response from his new teammates, as set shots have very much been his Achilles heel this year.

A tough contest between let's face it, two middle-of-the-road teams, but I'll take any win any day of the week.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #53

Ditto the Blues?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #54

Ditto the Blues?

The sort of question that's bound to draw the ire of the Pro MM mob.

Reply #55
To digress, does anyone else have 'raised eyebrows' when they reflect on Port's stellar form this season?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #56
Could someone at the club please teach Rowe how to run the ball over the boundry without being to obvious, thats twice in three games he has been pinged for deliberate.

Reply #57
To digress, does anyone else have 'raised eyebrows' when they reflect on Port's stellar form this season?

In what way ? You mean the all out attack, kamikaze style of footy ?

Reply #58
Could someone at the club please teach Rowe how to run the ball over the boundry without being to obvious, thats twice in three games he has been pinged for deliberate.

Tonight's was a simply disgraceful decision imo.
Finals, then 4 in a row!