Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium: AFL rd 13: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 9065 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium: AFL rd 13: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #75
I thought it was very good.
Not over cluttered and represented our indigenous players, members and supporters
Navy background would have worked well too.
Sometimes a simple design is good.

I normally prefer a minimalist, uncluttered approach to design, but minimalism is a hard thing to get right. The line between thoughtfully spare and neglectfully bare is pretty thin, and IMO they missed the mark on this one. 

Reply #76
We played a pretty ordinary side in competitive but ordinary form and did pretty much what we should have if we lay claims to being a finalist. We won, we didn't lapse badly conceding goals and we didn't get dragged down into the oppositions form.

The good:
Being featured on a Friday night and not letting the teev audience down bar appalling kicking for goal.
Outstanding rig. I watched the story of our Sir Doug Nicholls Indigenous Round jumper and was not only enthralled by the story and meaning of the rig, but by the simple yet stunning artwork of the jumper's design.
Edwardo swapping his guernsey with buggerlugs.
Our midfield co-operation and dominance, made the job for the backline lads much easier.
H
Jack Darling
Ed Curnow's high level of consistent valuable, effective play
TDK's continued progress
Crippa's Strong influence (especially courageous when factored in with what his 'Mon' is going through)
Setterfield
Gibbo
Zachery
Umpiring!!! Take note, number 22... we will not forget.

The bad:
Our finishing, i.e. goalkicking!

The Ugly:
The humidity resulting in sweaty bodies and too many, understandable, skill errors.
BT's commentary. Mrs Baggers turned to me at one stage, and unfamiliar with BT, asked, "Is that commentator a c0ckhead?"

Note: It was good to see Murphy, possibly for the first time in his career, being played exactly where he should be. His effort was markedly better to previous weeks along with his endeavour. I do not, however, agree that he was easily BOG, nuh. Did some very good things and involved himself in the game, and amounted possessions with a number of his disposals, when not under pressure, pin-point accurate... when under pressure the same old cr@p... early in the game a simply foot pass was a scrubber made good by Newnes and then a frightened handball that put SPS under the hammer... just to name two instances, I could name more. Those failures will be counted as effective disposals as team mates ended up with the aggot. I could give more example and don't have it in for Murph, but some of the high praise for him was exaggerated. He did deserve acknowledgement, however, for a far improved contribution on recent weeks and will no doubt get another year but I can easily imagine him being eased out of the side next year for a kid. I really wonder how much more his battered body can handle.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #77
We played a pretty ordinary side in competitive but ordinary form and did pretty much what we should have if we lay claims to being a finalist. We won, we didn't lapse badly conceding goals and we didn't get dragged down into the oppositions form.

The good:
Being featured on a Friday night and not letting the teev audience down bar appalling kicking for goal.
Outstanding rig. I watched the story of our Sir Doug Nicholls Indigenous Round jumper and was not only enthralled by the story and meaning of the rig, but by the simple yet stunning artwork of the jumper's design.
Edwardo swapping his guernsey with buggerlugs.
Our midfield co-operation and dominance, made the job for the backline lads much easier.
H
Jack Darling
Ed Curnow's high level of consistent valuable, effective play
TDK's continued progress
Crippa's Strong influence (especially courageous when factored in with what his 'Mon' is going through)
Setterfield
Gibbo
Zachery
Umpiring!!! Take note, number 22... we will not forget.

The bad:
Our finishing, i.e. goalkicking!

The Ugly:
The humidity resulting in sweaty bodies and too many, understandable, skill errors.
BT's commentary. Mrs Baggers turned to me at one stage, and unfamiliar with BT, asked, "Is that commentator a c0ckhead?"

Note: It was good to see Murphy, possibly for the first time in his career, being played exactly where he should be. His effort was markedly better to previous weeks along with his endeavour. I do not, however, agree that he was easily BOG, nuh. Did some very good things and involved himself in the game, and amounted possessions with a number of his disposals, when not under pressure, pin-point accurate... when under pressure the same old cr@p... early in the game a simply foot pass was a scrubber made good by Newnes and then a frightened handball that put SPS under the hammer... just to name two instances, I could name more. Those failures will be counted as effective disposals as team mates ended up with the aggot. I could give more example and don't have it in for Murph, but some of the high praise for him was exaggerated. He did deserve acknowledgement, however, for a far improved contribution on recent weeks and will no doubt get another year but I can easily imagine him being eased out of the side next year for a kid. I really wonder how much more his battered body can handle.

Ahhh,  with respect Baggers, Mrs Baggers sounds like my type of woman, made of the right stuff (purely from a Bluebagger and turn of phrase point if view).
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #81
Bored with the entire concept to be honest.

Reply #82
Agree. Umpiring was fair and consistent. In contrast to the WCE game, where #22 cost us. I'm still smarting over that 😠

Umpires A

I’m wondering if the Eagles game will come to be seen as a low point which simply won’t be tolerated anymore. In fact, wouldn’t surprise me if even the Carlton hating AFL execs looked at that highlight package and decided “... enough is enough. I know we instructed the umpires to always favour the non-Carlton side but this time they’ve gone too far”.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #84
Fun fact. Five minutes to play and the Blues just keep coming.... and score 5 points 😳😳😳
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #86
@WAS

TDK is a very exciting prospect who, imo, should be kept in the team and hopefully gets some finals experience. He should be a great asset to us next year. Could the Kreuz era be over?
I was intrigued to see TDK doing most of the ruck contests in the centre during the early stages - it seemed to work well.

Reply #87

The Ugly:

Give my regards to the very perceptive Mrs Baggers.

Reply #88
The availability and form of Williamson has provided Plowman with an opportunity to spend more time away from the last line of defence, which has reduced his tendency to panic and grab a handful of jersey when doing so.

As a result, we are starting to see glimpses of why Plowman was drafted so high.

Reply #89
Give my regards to the very perceptive Mrs Baggers.

Regards passed on and she said to pass on her best to you and that she's looking forward to the time we can all watch a game again together - she enjoys your dry wit!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17