Skip to main content
Topic: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ?? (Read 572875 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Australian Cricket - Crisis, What Crisis ??

Reply #1185
All those people who wanted Nathan Lyon replaced must be munching the remnants of their last few teeth right now!

What a champion, and what crap captains he's played under!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1186
if Warner gets another 30 or more we'll win....

I think the Bangladeshis will startt to feel the pressure. And kudos to Lyon.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1187
if Warner gets another 30 or more we'll win....

I think the Bangladeshis will startt to feel the pressure. And kudos to Lyon.

He got another 40 and we lost. 3/170, all out 244. I was worried once Warner and Smith were out they'd all crash like nine pins. The only reason we got to within 20 runs was due to Cummins (especially) and Lyon at the end. Cummins smashed them everywhere and ended up not out.

Reply #1188
well, good on the Bangladeshis!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1189
Poms got rolled by the Windies in the 2nd test with some new gun batsman making centuries in both innings so I dont feel so bad losing to the Bangers...
Probably hard to get motivated when you are playing lesser teams and you have to expect the odd loss especially on the sub-continent where the pitches and umpiring can be a bit fickle....

Reply #1190
Poms got rolled by the Windies in the 2nd test with some new gun batsman making centuries in both innings so I dont feel so bad losing to the Bangers...
Probably hard to get motivated when you are playing lesser teams and you have to expect the odd loss especially on the sub-continent where the pitches and umpiring can be a bit fickle....

I heard Geoff Boycott complaining that the Windies had the worst test team ever - I wonder if he's changed his tune  :)

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #1191
Worst in 50 years or so I think he said!!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1192
Surely they are motivated by the Coin they are on EB? Or they just taking the pi55?

Reply #1193
I just reckon the majority of them aren't any good when the ball is turning. Every nation knows that we are home/flat track bullies, so prepare tracks accordingly.

Have we ever fielded a worse keeper than Wade?? In this match alone he let through 30 byes, dropped a few catches and scored 9 runs.  In a match lost by 20 runs that's the game right there.

Since coming back into the team he averages 18, and has gone over 20 only 5 times in 18 innings - he is going to fail with the bat 2 out of 3 times and we keep picking him!

I would give Handscombe the gloves in the next test and play Cartwright. You can then play another spinner in place of Hazlewood. I thought we bowled pretty well except for the first morning, but Smith is still clueless about mixing up his slow bowlers.

Reply #1194
We have only ever chased down 200 once in Asia, so it was a fair effort given that we are three out all out.

The gun Bangla all rounder is clearly in a world best 11 ATM.

Had a gutful of made to order home pitches.  Another sub-standard dust bowl.

Khawaja should never play a test outside Australia again.

Wade should never play a test again, period.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #1195
I just reckon the majority of them aren't any good when the ball is turning. Every nation knows that we are home/flat track bullies, so prepare tracks accordingly.

Have we ever fielded a worse keeper than Wade?? In this match alone he let through 30 byes, dropped a few catches and scored 9 runs.  In a match lost by 20 runs that's the game right there.

Since coming back into the team he averages 18, and has gone over 20 only 5 times in 18 innings - he is going to fail with the bat 2 out of 3 times and we keep picking him!

I would give Handscombe the gloves in the next test and play Cartwright. You can then play another spinner in place of Hazlewood. I thought we bowled pretty well except for the first morning, but Smith is still clueless about mixing up his slow bowlers.
No way Handscombe as the keeper, I'm not sacrificing his batting just to get a half decent keeper into the side...next option!

Reply #1196
No way Handscombe as the keeper, I'm not sacrificing his batting just to get a half decent keeper into the side...next option!

I like the Yorkshireman who plays for WA...Sam Whiteman.....solid keeper and very handy with the willow....

Reply #1197

Just about every nation are good at home and crap away. Comes when there's no dominate team in world cricket.

Reply #1198
agree x4 EB1. He's a keeper. pun intended!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #1199
I'm not suggesting Handscombe as a long term option - I'm talking about next week for the 2nd test and we don't have a backup keeper on tour other than Handscombe! He is no worse as a keeper, and allows you to play another all rounder to bolster the batting, because we don't have a spare batsman in the touring squad.

Carey, Whiteman and Nevill are all vastly superior as batsmen and keepers than Wade - I would be happy with any of them right now. I cannot understand why Wade was bought back in the first place, and he has averaged 18 since his return which was purely based on his batting being superior to Nevill. We will almost certainly have a debut wicket keeper for the the first Ashes test, which is not ideal.