Skip to main content
Topic: RD 20 : BLUES Scorch Suns (Final Siren Fadeout) (Read 16726 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 20 : BLUES Scorch Suns (Final Siren Fadeout)

Reply #15
I reckon we were pretty good, Waite played an awesome game as did Juddy. We wouldn't be a very good side without them in it next year.

Sheehan looked very promising with that beautiful left boot.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
How much would Tom Lynch cost us?

The one real highlight for the Suns, and I expect he'll get Brownlow votes for his effort today.

O'Meara would probably get a game at Carlton too.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #18
O'Meara would probably get a game at Carlton too.

O'Meara would be in the starting 18 of every one of the other 17 clubs. Kids going to be a superstar.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #19
If Casboult thinks he is worth a big payrise then he is clearly misinformed if todays game is anything to go by. He should be near BOG every time against the two new clubs given their relative inexperience and lack of body strength.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #20
If Casboult thinks he is worth a big payrise then he is clearly misinformed if todays game is anything to go by. He should be near BOG every time against the two new clubs given their relative inexperience and lack of body strength.

Suns have been around a few years now, Not so small anymore hence sitting on the tip of the 8. Think Levi's a bit cooked now but shown enough when the whole season is taken into account. Will be a handy 2nd ruck/3rd forward in the future.

Reply #21
Think Levi's feeling a long season and is knackered. Probably never had to work so hard in a season before. If we were playing finals I'd leave him off all football for a week and freshen him. Seeing we're not just keep him going. He's been good this year so he's something to work with.

I know Lynch was a first round pick and Levi was 40 in the rookie draft but when you see a 21 year old key position command the ball like he did today in a badly beaten team you just want to move heaven and earth to get hold of him.
He and Levi are chalk and cheese.
Levi's not going to be a superstar but as a 2nd ruck/3rd forward he'll be more than handy.

So we'll just get Lynch and keep Casboult in his current role....easy...lol.

If only we could.

Reply #22
Levi's not going to be a superstar but as a 2nd ruck/3rd forward he'll be more than handy.
If only we could.

I think that we're in serious trouble when we lose Waite, whether it's at the end of this year or the end of next.
He's a class above any other tall forward on our list.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #23
If only we could.

I think that we're in serious trouble when we lose Waite, whether it's at the end of this year or the end of next.

Agree on that. Poetry in motion when on song.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #24
No Ablett, No Suns.....

Take the win but GC are rubbish...they have a lot of small bodies that made our blokes like superman.....

Jamison...did his job..
Rowe..thought he might be in for a hard day on Lynch but GC being light on for talls had to move him down back and our man was servicable after that.
Docherty....so so...does some good things but also makes the odd mistake.
White....some good, some poor.......still remains a concern if playing on anyone decent IMO...
Simpson...worked like we were playing the Hawks or Swans and was BOG IMO..
Touhy....ok without being brilliant
Sheehan...didnt let me down...uses the ball well and seems composed allbeit the Suns are a novice team and dont applly much pressure..nice debut.
Bell....had a picnic...was like a bowling ball out there and the Suns kids just bounced off him, couldnt miss near goal and probably played his best
game for the club although like I keep saying the opposition wasnt a great yardstick.
Ellard...tackled well and was handy at times but isnt up to it IMO.
Graham ....got some easy kicks and looks more comfortable...needs to dummy his kicks more often as he often gets smothered..a lot of it being
he has no left foot...
Judd..like Bell was just to big a unit for the Suns kids to stop and he was his usual classy self....

Gibbs.....did some good things but also missed some targets...didnt over exert himself given the game was over at half time...
Murphy....plenty of the footy, bit less of it when Stanley manned him up and he got posted up near goal in marking duels which isnt his thing...but was very good.
Wood...plenty of good tapouts and both him and Casboult ruled the ruck but both didnt do much aruond the ground and were not dominant players....Casboult seems to have got carried away with the media hyoe and isnt presenting as well...probably in part due to Waite being being back and the Bolt being ignored as a target..
Waite...dominated...to slick for the GC Key defenders and could have kicked 8.....contract time always brings out the best in players...agree with Tony Shaw that I would only offer him a 12 month deal with the option of a second ....

Menzel...didnt get near it all day...
Brock...too slow, kicking is also just average and should make way for Cripps.
Daisy....loving half back with no opponent...used the ball well most times and was a good player.
Curnow....got a bit of the ball but butchered it IMO and while is a great tagger is a liablity when he has the footy.
Carrazzo....like Curnow does his job but we need more offensive work when we play the better teams

Reply #25
Probably Tommy Bell's most consistent game, used his bulk to advantage and kicked some impressive goals. If he could set that performance as the bench mark and build on that he will become a very important player.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #26
I thought like you do Elwood. Judd and Bell looked like kings out there, against no real opponents. Brock and Curnow didn't really look great and against better sides will need to be replaced. Sheehan looked O.K, but I had to laugh at his attempt to bounce the ball. How did it bounce back to him while on the run, when he bounced it in the middle of the ball, and not towards the point end.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #27
If only we could.

Yes, class act. We forget that sometimes with other things he does and we'll be poorer when he retires. Right now Henderson, Waite with Casboult as 3rd forward/2nd ruck, plus others forward like Menzel, that forward line is pretty potent.

Reply #28
I thought like you do Elwood. Judd and Bell looked like kings out there, against no real opponents. Brock and Curnow didn't really look great and against better sides will need to be replaced. Sheehan looked O.K, but I had to laugh at his attempt to bounce the ball. How did it bounce back to him while on the run, when he bounced it in the middle of the ball, and not towards the point end.

As far as the Suns go, although their a bit off the boil, are a side that have been in the 8 most of the year. They're decent opposition now, not newbies anymore, so anytime you pump them it's a good win. Remember they're were 4 games ahead of us before today. .As brilliant as Ablett is there's never any such thing as a one man team and other's well and truly stepped up to get them into the situation where they've been most of the year.

Reply #29
As much as I agree with almost everything you write (laj), Gold Coast have lost a couple of players and are way down on form over the last few weeks. They shanked and butchered the ball, about as bad as I have seen this season. Port have been out of form in the last 6 games of footy too. these sides should be beaten convincingly when they are in this current form. However I hear what you say and cannot say I don't agree with you at all. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.