Skip to main content
Topic: Round 20: Carlton vs Brisbane Post Game Pain (Read 35558 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 20: Carlton vs Brisbane Post Game Pain

Reply #30
SOS and Bolton have a lot of work ahead of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bolton wasn't on the phone with a "thanks but no thanks" call.
This job is bigger than Ben Hur and will be years in the making.

Reply #31
@B4L Exactly, we need all the no brainer picks we can get our hands on.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bolton wasn't on the phone with a "thanks but no thanks" call.

I reckon the Essendon job is the only job someone wouldn't jump at. A chance to return a former great club to glory, not a hell of a lot of expectation. St Kilda gig looked even worse than ours IMO and they have started to pick themselves up. Shouldn't have let that Richardson guy go.

Reply #32
Jamison should retire like 10 others and don't hit our salary cap. ...do the honorable thing....
If Henderson is traded we'll be running rather light on for tall defenders if Jamison goes too.
Weitering may be the next big thing but he probably won't be ready to take on big forwards in his first year.

Reply #33
If Henderson is traded we'll be running rather light on for tall defenders if Jamison goes too.
Weitering may be the next big thing but he probably won't be ready to take on big forwards in his first year.

I stand by my statement. ...hes useless

Reply #34
You may be right there.
Dew might be feeling pretty good with his career choices tonight.

Reply #35
Don't think so. Quite the opposite I think.
People say we haven't bottomed out yet. I think losing to the bottom side by 10 goals is bottoming out.
The only way is up.
Perfect for a new enthusiastic coach to come in.
Awful floggings like this are part of this whole process.
Its often darkest before the dawn as they say.
Get Bolton in with a fresh, modern game plan that the players buy into, nail the draft and trading period, and nobody will give a crap about tonight's game in 6 mths time

Reply #36
Lol at jamo refusing to shake Robbo's hand.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #37
Holman being the sub seemed an odd decision to me. Hes one who has a fair dinkum crack and can use the ball.
I dont understand why Murph and Gibbs would be adverse to being traded. Reports suggest they want to stay.....my question is why?
Murph tried his guts out.....I'll  give him that but his skills are so poor for  a 1st round pick let alone a no 1 pick.
Gibbs has given us 1 good years service but for the most part has polarised us.
Fellas, do the right thing and do yourselves a favour........leave and give us an early pick in the draft.

Hendo and Yarran have screwed us. There trade value has absolutely plummetted.
Touhy, Rowe, Bell, and theres more who dont come to mind should be offloaded too.

Our nucleus is Cripps ( give him captaincy now) Buckley, Docherty, Casboult, Holman. Build around them cos if we're  lucky, they might be young enough to be in our next premiership team.

Fwiw, id prefer Dew as coach over Bolton. I just dont see enough C**t in Bolton to be a senior coach.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #38
I stand by my statement. ...hes useless
Agreed that he's past his best but the fact is in our current position both Jamison and Rowe are the best defenders we can put on the park in 2016 and they'll be necessary to support Weitering as he develops.
The only other options with our current list are Watson, jaksch, fields and maybe giles. Or maybe trialling jones at full back instead of Rowe.
We'll find it impossible to trade in good defender in (which kind of defeats the purpose of rebuilding anyway)so if we try to trade we'll be taking someone else's discards or second stringers.
The only other option is bringing in 3-4 mature players currently running around state leagues. Will they be any better?

Reply #39
And in any case, if we nail the draft and trading period, nobody will give a crap about tonight's game in 6 mths time

Agree...this will be one of many beatings we have had for the year but this game and the next three are different as we position ourselves for the draft/trade period.
I wouldnt be judging the coach and some players on tonight or the nex three weeks...Barker has his instructions IMO and they might not be to everyone's liking.

Reply #40
Holman being the sub seemed an odd decision to me. Hes one who has a fair dinkum crack and can use the ball.
I dont understand why Murph and Gibbs would be adverse to being traded. Reports suggest they want to stay.....my question is why?
Murph tried his guts out.....I'll  give him that but his skills are so poor for  a 1st round pick let alone a no 1 pick.
Gibbs has given us 1 good years service but for the most part has polarised us.
Fellas, do the right thing and do yourselves a favour........leave and give us an early pick in the draft.

Hendo and Yarran have screwed us. There trade value has absolutely plummetted.
Touhy, Rowe, Bell, and theres more who dont come to mind should be offloaded too.

Our nucleus is Cripps ( give him captaincy now) Buckley, Docherty, Casboult, Holman. Build around them cos if we're  lucky, they might be young enough to be in our next premiership team.

Fwiw, id prefer Dew as coach over Bolton. I just dont see enough C**t in Bolton to be a senior coach.

Not much "C" in Adam Simpson " or " Luke Beveridge"  either but plenty of flair and innovation...

Reply #41
And in any case, if we nail the draft and trading period, nobody will give a crap about tonight's game in 6 mths time

The problem is you have to have a base to build on.
You look at the side and you see the base is made up of Cripps, maybe Kreuzer and a few triers who wouldn't get a game with another side.
Our better players are our elder players and by the time we're good again they will be either gone or in the twilight of their careers.
Just to establish that base will take a couple of draft/trade periods....it's achievable, but not short term

Reply #42
You r all looking incorrectly at narrow issues of players

We have a massive cultural problem. ....

Reply #44
The problem is you have to have a base to build on.
You look at the side and you see the base is made up of Cripps, maybe Kreuzer and a few triers who wouldn't get a game with another side.
Our better players are our elder players and by the time we're good again they will be either gone or in the twilight of their careers.
Just to establish that base will take a couple of draft/trade periods....it's achievable, but not short term

There is a base.
Cripps, Menzel, Buckley, Levi, Jaksh, Graham, Doc,
Maybe Clem, Hollman, BB, Whiley, Walsh Fields and DVR
Murphy, Kreuz, Everritt and Gibbs are young enough to still be around in 3-4 years.