Skip to main content
Topic: R21 Carlton vs Melbourne (Sun twilight at the 'G) (Read 29499 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R21 Carlton vs Melbourne (Sun twilight at the 'G)

Reply #15
Dees by 8 goals plus. 

Reply #16
I do not understand what is going on at Carlton, but we will not be winning this weekend. We have nothing left to win with.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #17
Menzel back in

IN:Levi Casboult, Troy Menzel, Jason Tutt, Matthew Watson

OUT:Lachie Henderson (Omitted)

Big interchange (3 to be omitted)

46 David Ellard
20 Nick Holman
18 Kristian Jaksch
25 Clem Smith
22 Jason Tutt
10 Matthew Watson
24 Mark Whiley

Reply #18
Carlton

B: Zach Tuohy, Michael Jamison, Sam Rowe.
HB: Dylan Buckley, Sam Docherty, Matthew Dick.
C: Marc Murphy, Andrew Carrazzo, Kade Simpson.
HF: Tom Bell, Andrejs Everitt, Blaine Boekhorst.
F: Andrew Walker, Levi Casboult, Troy Menzel.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Ed Curnow, Patrick Cripps.
Int: David Ellard, Nick Holman, Kristian Jaksch, Clem Smith, Jason Tutt, Matthew Watson, Mark Whiley (Three to be omitted)

In: Levi Casboult, Troy Menzel, Jason Tutt, Matthew Watson.

Out: Lachie Henderson (Omitted forever)

Melbourne

B: Colin Garland, Lynden Dunn, Jeremy Howe.
HB: Daniel Cross, Tom McDonald, Christian Salem.
C: Billy Stretch, Bernie Vince, Heritier Lumumba.
HF: Viv Michie, Chris Dawes, James Harmes.
F: Jeff Garlett, Jesse Hogan, Jack Watts.
Foll: Max Gawn, Nathan Jones, Jack Viney.
Int: Angus Brayshaw, Ben Newton, Aidan Riley, Alex Neal-Bullen, Jack Grimes, Mark Jamar, Rohan Bail (Three to be omitted)

In: Christian Salem, Billy Stretch, Ben Newton, Aidan Riley, Mark Jamar.

Out: Neville Jetta (Neck),  Matt Jones (Omitted)

Our side is not looking strong on paper. However, it hasn't for some time. Watson possibly in is a bit of a surprise. I hope he can do something.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
Probably the best looking (on paper) forward line we've fielded all year.

I hope Holman and Jaksch play, rest are making up the numbers.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #20
I still reckon we're a fair chance here, but I would have liked to see Yarran in the team.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #21
Melbourne by plenty....

Reply #22
I still reckon we're a fair chance here, but I would have liked to see Yarran in the team.

Yarran's Carlton career is cooked....same scenario as Henderson I daresay, just not getting on a soap-box to declare it as that ar$e-wipe did. I'll be gobsmacked if he plays another senior game with the club.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #23
Yarran's Carlton career is cooked....same scenario as Henderson I daresay, just not getting on a soap-box to declare it as that ar$e-wipe did. I'll be gobsmacked if he plays another senior game with the club.

Yep - would take some sort of miracle.

Reply #24

I hope you mean a mentally engaged, in-form Yarran, not the one we have now?

Reply #25
We have no intentions of winning.
We re in exactly the position we want to be to maximise out trading'/drafting opportunities, and we won't be letting it go.
These real games that are mattering to us now are happening off the field.

Reply #26
We have no intentions of winning.
We re in exactly the position we want to be to maximise out trading'/drafting opportunities, and we won't be letting it go.
These real games that are mattering to us now are happening off the field.

The AFL need to stop this. Six weeks out we should know the team that gets #1. Priority picks could then come into play after the season proper, but it would stop any perceived tanking.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #27
The AFL should adopt a "give 'em enough rope" strategy with regards to tanking. "If you're stupid enough to deliberately initiate a losing culture, then arrogantly think you can flick a switch and start winning once you have enough picks, then you get what you deserve - a club that doesn't know how to win, a club that loses players and fails to attract new ones, a club that loses supporters, a club that is perennially anchored to the bottom of the ladder."

The mythical "better future" that comes with great coaches, great players etc. simply won't materialize. The future is now.

Winning build self belief and self confidence in players, and builds an aura in the eyes of the opposition. It's good for business.

Reply #28

Mail is he has external issues and the leadership group have sat down with him and told him they want him to stay.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #29
Mail is he has external issues and the leadership group have sat down with him and told him they want him to stay.

We may very well have left him in the VFL just to take the pressure off him with his own blessing.

There are a lot of issues surrounding Chris if you hear the scuttlebutt, and given where we are at, and where he is at headspace wise, it makes sense to let him do his thing.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson