Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Pre Game Anticipation: Carlton vs St Kilda (Read 22852 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20: Pre Game Anticipation: Carlton vs St Kilda

Reply #75
Firstly, unpredictability comes from multiple avenues to goal, not via one or two key forwards.
Secondly, when the Key Forward is being double and triple teamed, where the feck are the opponents (ie our blokes) of the ones doing the double a triple teaming ? Got to be smarter around the fwd line with the loose blokes picking up crumbs or getting into position to receive goal side. What the Hawthorn, Sydney and Geelong poachers do it.

I often wonder about that myself.

Reply #76
Just read Blues haven't beaten Saints at the G since 1998, what the ......
I've tipped us to get the job done. Hopefully like Melbourne, we'll succeed against the odds.

Go Blues - Nail this one for your mate 1AW
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #77
I've tipped us to get the job done. Hopefully like Melbourne, we'll succeed against the odds.

x2..Good test for BB. was outcoached last time and this is a chance for him , Neil Craig, Barker etc to rejig how we play and set-up better than we did the first time we played the Saints...Philips should help against Hickey and we cant let Steven run onto the ball in open ground like we did last time...

Blues by 18 points.....1AW to kick 2-3 and go out a winner...

Reply #78

We've barely played them at the MCG since 1998. Almost always at Etihad, and not many wins there either. It is about time we changed that piece of stupidity.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #79
We've barely played them at the MCG since 1998. Almost always at Etihad, and not many wins there either. It is about time we changed that piece of stupidity.
I reckon we will be a different proposition for StK at the G. I'm confident.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #80
@ EB1

Now that would be fitting for our Carlton-blooded champ, the little man up front, and a chance for the club to turn these unsavory trends around.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #81
@ EB1

Now that would be fitting for our Carlton-blooded champ, the little man up front, and a chance for the club to turn these unsavory trends around.
Unsavoury recent trends? Our last 20 games against the Aints were as follows:
LLLLLLLLLWWLLLLWWWWL
The last 20 against Haw is unsavoury
LLLLWWLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #82
Looking forward to this, hoping for 1AW that we can send him off with a win, would nice if he could lift those knees for a few grabs today , oh bugger it just take Mark of the Day

Reply #83
Never seen the Krakouer mark, so looked it up in you tube.  Its ok, but seriously, how did 1AW not win mark of the year???

Kind of like Woewoedin winning the brownlow in front of Kouta.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #84
True Prof E , we got robbed in that one for sure , would be nice if he could top of the career with a nice hanger today

Reply #85
I'm sitting on a sand dune in far north west Victoria and will probably only get occasional scores.  I would appreciate plenty of in game commentary - particularly if we're doing OK  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #86
Never seen the Krakouer mark, so looked it up in you tube.  Its ok, but seriously, how did 1AW not win mark of the year???

Kind of like Woewoedin winning the brownlow in front of Kouta.
Says it all when you never see krakours Mark replayed whereas walkers is used to highlight the excitement of AFL - they really should rectify it and give it Mark of the decade or similar

Reply #87
Says it all when you never see krakours Mark replayed whereas walkers is used to highlight the excitement of AFL - they really should rectify it and give it Mark of the decade or similar

Agree.