Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20; Carlton vs St Kilda: Post Game Profanity (Read 18528 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20; Carlton vs St Kilda: Post Game Profanity

Reply #15
Tutt, Whiley, Smith, DVR, Foster, Dick, Jones is seven changes already.

Gowers and Byrne promotion.. five picks in national draft not happening unless we trade out someone.

Jones is contracted but you can add Walker and Jamison.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #16
I think Graham is done and dusted...too slow at this level and doesnt have the Sam Mitchell skill level to make up for it....
100% EB, Mitchell creates time and space, Graham is just a waste of space.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #17
nine changes is too much i admire sos's talent but asking for miracles to nail pick 82, 100, and 118

Reply #18
Too many of our players are either one trick ponies or half baked footballers - I won't name them as it's futile. They can do one thing to an adequate level, but seem deficient in other key areas.

Very depressing game. Too much left to too few.

Reply #19
I think Casboult, Phillips, Gorringe, Rowe and McKay would need to ruck next two years and trade Kreuzer and find a proper ruck in 2019.

Reply #20
nine changes is too much i admire sos's talent but asking for miracles to nail pick 82, 100, and 118

We have to look more at free agency, you can't build a team of 18 year olds from scratch unless your drafting is freakish, and ours has been woeful.
Players like Steve Johnson, you might only get two seasons out of him but his onfield leadership and what he can teach the kids in those two seasons is invaluable.
And he was cheap.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #21
I think Casboult, Phillips, Gorringe, Rowe and McKay would need to ruck next two years and trade Kreuzer and find a proper ruck in 2019.

We looked at trading Kreuzer last year, didn't work. Mckay isn't ready to ruck but will play some next year, Casboult should be rucking with Kreuzer, then you'll see both improve alot when played to their strengths, don't need two as it's useless to us. Means we could play another key forward too. Not only that Everitt kicks goals as the defence are looking after the two key forwards. He kicked heaps when we had two keys forwards but bugger all when we had one. Right now, playing 2 rucks and just one key forward, rather than having 2 players doing well, we have 3 players struggling, which is alot out of 18. A bad structure works it's way down the chain.

Not sure if Bolton is bringing over that method from Hawthorn, two rucks and Roughead, but it won't work here. To start with Hale could play forward as well as he could play ruck, Roughead is a gun, unlike Levi, they had other gun forwards, gun mids and were essentially a gun side. That's not Carlton, our rucks are useless when not on the ball leaving Casboult to carrying the can up forward and while he has been decent in his 4 years in the seniors he's far from good enough to do that on his own.

Reply #22

I'd rather take my chances on pick 118 than, Tutt, Jones etc etc......

Reply #23
I'd rather go with picks 82 100 and 118 in preference to persisting with blokes with just aren't up to it at this level.  Maybe we could pick some tall kids and leave in the 2's to develop longer term as KP players.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #24
We looked at trading Kreuzer last year, didn't work.
No they didnt.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #25
I'd rather take my chances on pick 118 than, Tutt, Jones etc etc......

The thing is that any player taken in the National Draft gets two years minimum on the list, so pick 80 or 90 usually just take up space.
The last good player we drafted after pick 50 was Ryan Houlihan in 1999.

Reply #26
The thing is that any player taken in the National Draft gets two years minimum on the list, so pick 80 or 90 usually just take up space.
The last good player we drafted after pick 50 was Ryan Houlihan in 1999.

Thought Eddie Betts was a fair get in the PSD...

Reply #27
Are we tanking or is Bolton still convinced that just the one recognised tall forward is the way to go? Basically setup exactly the same way we did the last time we played them with pretty much an identical result (scoreline last time flattered us)......is he a moron or are we 'doing an Essendon' ??? ?

Play like that next week & I'd give Brisbane half a chance.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #29
I'm sure he'd be at the Pies bar a failed fitness test.
All BS.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th