Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20; Carlton vs St Kilda: Post Game Profanity (Read 18529 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20; Carlton vs St Kilda: Post Game Profanity

Reply #30
Games like these I wish we'd revive the W.O.G. award.......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #31
Are we tanking or is Bolton still convinced that just the one recognised tall forward is the way to go? Basically setup exactly the same way we did the last time we played them with pretty much an identical result (scoreline last time flattered us)......is he a moron or are we 'doing an Essendon' ??? ?

Play like that next week & I'd give Brisbane half a chance.....

I ask the same question. Ok if you have Fev but while Levi's been ok he won't holding up any forward line on his own any time soon. All we are doing is ripping his confidence to pieces. I look at the structure from rounds 5-11, when we won 6, compare it to now, which is the same as rounds 1-4, where we couldn't win or score either. Surely Bolton and the MC can see something so simple. We can.

Reply #32
Games like these I wish we'd revive the W.O.G. award.......
You'd have have a few duplicate medals cast after today's game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
Thought Eddie Betts was a fair get in the PSD...

So was Nick Stevens, but he sort of fell in our lap when Port refused to trade him to Collingwood for a cold pie.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #35
Dragged the Mrs along today to see the most insipid putrid performance. Not only were the skills of the turnover merchants deplorable but I think a few are morons as well. Why kick straight to the opposition when your under no pressure?

At least the Mrs was happy, she barracks for the Saints although she wasn't happy with my mood. lol

Reply #36
This game was Malthouse-esque, no effort bar a couple, no structure, no run just nothing and as soon as I heard that Walker took 3 weeks off to get himself right for this game then I knew it would happen. It would be different if we were a Geelong, Sydney or Hawthorn who have all played together for a long period of time, but in that team Simmo, Gibbs, Kreuzer were about the only players left from the Ratten era when we had a little success. The other players could only really pay lip service to Walker as a player and with many feeling the cold hand of professional death on their shoulder, they were playing for themselves.

St Kilda, played this game with a couple of flankers a few KP players and a crap load of mids, all of whom could kick and run and hit targets, compared to us. When your back pocket is your leading goal kicker for the game, but failed to curtail his man in defence then something is very wrong. We need about another 6 mids in the team each week who have skills, not Buckley, Graham, Touhy etc.

The longer we rely on Casboult up forward, the longer we will languish on the bottom of the ladder. If rumours are true and Essendon want him then their 3rd rounder will do nicely. Same with Touhy and the Swans, second rounder please, both will be mid 30's and hopefully we can group them for points that can help a GWS type scenario again. 

Yes we are 20 games into a 66 game rebuild but in the previous games we gave a yelp, this was pitiful. Let's get Cunningham in he can't be any worse that Graham, let's get McKay in, they may not be ready but I'd be happy to see a forward line of Casboult, Jones and McKay. Get Lamb back in, at least he's got some mongrel in him and attacks the play and can stick a tackle.

Plowman gets a game on borrowed time only, although with the retirement of Walker, elevate Glass-McCasker, play him down back with Rowe, Weitering and Plowman. Give him a taste and see what he does.

I know they are not ready and not doing that much down in the two's, however I have a theory on why the NB's suck so bad, some have been given the tap on the shoulder and their heart is not in it anymore. If this is the case get our young guys away from a negative environment into the firsts against a young side.

Hang your head in shame Carlton, I thought this sort of team was a thing of the past. You are included in this Bolton, team selection was terrible. You played two crocks in Walker and Thomas who look slower than Brock McLean did, at least Brock had the smarts to get to an open space.

Reply #37
Some say BS others say it's true. Guess we'll never know.

Anyway, doesn't matter.

Pies/Dogs viewed his previous medical reports/scans etc..there were no medical tests conducted by those clubs....

Reply #38
This game was Malthouse-esque

St Kilda, played this game with a couple of flankers a few KP players and a crap load of mids, all of whom could kick and run and hit targets, compared to us.

When your back pocket is your leading goal kicker for the game, but failed to curtail his man in defence then something is very wrong.

The longer we rely on Casboult up forward, the longer we will languish on the bottom of the ladder.

Yes we are 20 games into a 66 game rebuild but in the previous games we gave a yelp, this was pitiful.
Let's get Cunningham in he can't be any worse that Graham, let's get McKay in, they may not be ready but I'd be happy to see a forward line of Casboult, Jones and McKay.

Hang your head in shame Carlton, I thought this sort of team was a thing of the past. You are included in this Bolton, team selection was terrible. You played two crocks in Walker and Thomas who look slower than Brock McLean did, at least Brock had the smarts to get to an open space.
Some salient points there Raydan
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #39
Hang your head in shame Carlton, I thought this sort of team was a thing of the past. You are included in this Bolton, team selection was terrible.

While I agree to a point, I expect the decision to play Walker was out of Bolts hands.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #40
While I agree to a point, I expect the decision to play Walker was out of Bolts hands.

Possible but playing Daisy with him made a slow and unskilled team even worse.

Is it a coincidence that Daisy and Walker have been out for 3 weeks and in that time we have pushed the grand finalists from last season and a favourite for this year?

Reply #41
Pies/Dogs viewed his previous medical reports/scans etc..there were no medical tests conducted by those clubs....

Saw them and decided no I take it.

Reply #42

Team selection has been ordinary for a while, actually for a few years.

Reply #43
Possible but playing Daisy with him made a slow and unskilled team even worse.

Is it a coincidence that Daisy and Walker have been out for 3 weeks and in that time we have pushed the grand finalists from last season and a favourite for this year?

No.

Reply #44
Well it feckin shouldn't be!! If it was, nothing has changed and all the good work has been undone to some extent. Initially, I thought great, he gets a farewell game after all the years of hard work and great commitment to the CFC. Having watched him today? I would imagine both Andrew and the Club would have done it differently. Hindsight is a wonderful thing however I would have been prouder saluting and clapping Andrew on a wonderful career whilst he paraded around on the back of a car. I felt sad watching a man who wasn't a patch on his former self. His team mates did him no favours whatsoever which is the biggest dissapointment for mine. AW deserved a much better send off.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th