Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 19: Pre Game Irritations: Carlton vs Geelong (Read 14155 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 19: Pre Game Irritations: Carlton vs Geelong

Reply #15
Kerridge for Danger and Nick for Selwood?
Nick as in Graham? Selwood will do the old call the runner over and ask for a Record so he can look up 32 for us.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #16
Geelong are harder bigger bodies than Carlton. If we try Man-on-Man or Tagging Everybody we are guaranteed to lose, our lot will be brished aside like they aren't there!

Our best chance is to get the ball out into space and move it quickly, really quickly!

Almost certainly Scott will try and have Geelong rough us up, both Scotts think Carlton is soft, soft, silverspoon soft!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
Geelong are harder bigger bodies than Carlton. If we try Man-on-Man or Tagging Everybody we are guaranteed to lose, our lot will be brished aside like they aren't there!

Our best chance is to get the ball out into space and move it quickly, really quickly!

Almost certainly Scott will try and have Geelong rough us up, both Scotts think Carlton is soft, soft, silverspoon soft!

As if. Geelong by 8 goals.

Reply #18
Blicavs will be out - done an ankle.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20
Looks like Ed won't be back this season.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-25/blues-mid-curnow-running-out-of-time-to-return

Bolton indicated that it was a pretty serious injury last week  :(

I have to wonder about the cause and whether there should have been MRP action  :-\

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
So what's you plan supercoach, let Dangerwood run around unattended and lose by 15 goals?  Don't want Gibbs tagging, we can't win playing our best mid in a negating role. 

Maybe give Cunners a task, though I wonder about him sustaining the necessary workdays.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #23
Ed curnow ruled out for ANOTHER 4 weeks.

Cue in the rack.

Reply #24
So what's you plan supercoach, let Dangerwood run around unattended and lose by 15 goals?  Don't want Gibbs tagging, we can't win playing our best mid in a negating role. 

Maybe give Cunners a task, though I wonder about him sustaining the necessary workdays.

The plan is to play keepings off for as long as possible and keep the ball away from them.

We don't have a player to negate one or either of them currently. Not many teams do!

If we tag them, they'll still perform.
If they tag us, we won't perform.

With a bit of luck we can have Gibbs and Murphy go to them, shake hands, and say see you after the game.

That way we escape a tag on our 2, and help our chances of winning.

Reply #25
Ed Curnow would've been our most important player this week. We'll miss him alot. Last year we blanketed both Dangerfield and Selwood and won comfortably. Be harder this year.

Reply #26
Ed curnow ruled out for ANOTHER 4 weeks.

Cue in the rack.

Yep, let him get right for 2018, just no point playing injured blokes now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
Yep, let him get right for 2018, just no point playing injured blokes now!

I'd like to see footage of the moment when Ed sustained that injury.... and pass it on to the AFL.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #28
I'd like to see footage of the moment when Ed sustained that injury.... and pass it on to the AFL.

Well, the elephant in the room leaves one major suspect.

An AFL player who gets a leave pass on handing out throat shepherds, not that I can put a chopstick on his name!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #29
Indeed. That has always been a question mark. If it is who I think it is, then the AFL are NOT going to want him coming under scrutiny, but the game needs to have him under scrutiny.
Andrew McKay got 4 weeks once for a 'don't argue'. And it didn't cost hos opponent 8 - 10 weeks on the sidelines.
Live Long and Prosper!