Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon (Read 16482 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon

Reply #15
I think you guys have misunderstood my post.

Im actually asking more questions rather than providing answers, and then stating that all we need to do is the best course of action to improve our players.

Im not the coach, and I dont have those answers, but Bolton seems to have an idea of what he wants, and I can only imagine that we all dont really know because we dont undersand it, not because anyone is "right" or "wrong".

Every senior coach that has ever lived knows more about footy that any on here, including Bolton. Yet a lot of those coaches have suffered bad endings, for a variety of reasons, some within their control, and some not. Whatever knowledge they possess, they clearly must make choices among a plethora of alternatives. I just hope Bolton knows what he's doing, has some luck and makes good choices. I couldn't bear another coach getting the a r s e yet again, and us having to start from scratch, yet again.

Reply #16
I couldn't bear another coach getting the a r s e yet again, and us having to start from scratch, yet again.

It's like looking into a crystal ball!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #17
It's like looking into a crystal ball!

My crystal ball is on strike and is refusing to come back to work, because of overuse.

Reply #18
Nick Graham won't be playing. Got suspended for 2 weeks at the VFL Tribunal for rough conduct.

Reply #19
If Kreuzer is out this week bring Jaksch in to play key defence and ruck Jones and Casboult. Jones was an absolute gun in the ruck for the NBs.

Reply #20
Nick Graham won't be playing. Got suspended for 2 weeks at the VFL Tribunal for rough conduct.

ouch, maybe his afl career is over?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #21
If Kreuzer is out this week bring Jaksch in to play key defence and ruck Jones and Casboult. Jones was an absolute gun in the ruck for the NBs.

It's worth a try, but a couple of things.

I'd bring in JGM instead of Jaksch.

Most of Jones VFL ruck opponents were undersized compared to AFL opponents, would we want to flirt with Jones form?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #22
It's worth a try, but a couple of things.

I'd bring in JGM instead of Jaksch.

Most of Jones VFL ruck opponents were undersized compared to AFL opponents, would we want to flirt with Jones form?

No one will stop him around the ground. They'll be sore bodies.

JGM's struggling in the VFL. Jaksch has a $hit attitude but his form's good.

Reply #23
JGM's struggling in the VFL. Jaksch has a $hit attitude but his form's good.

I'd rather test JGM at the higher level, than see Jaksch fry another opportunity.

JGM has a heavier body, and is more aggressive than Jaksch.

I think Jaksch is done, I suspect the clubs thinks that also, if they don't think that he is done then why not play him while he has some form and pump up his trade value? I feel that opportunity has passed, I've put him in the Watson category!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
I'd rather test JGM at the higher level, than see Jaksch fry another opportunity.

JGM has a heavier body, and is more aggressive than Jaksch.

I think Jaksch is done, I suspect the clubs thinks that also, if they don't think that he is done then why not play him while he has some form and pump up his trade value? I feel that opportunity has passed, I've put him in the Watson category!

JGM will be lucky to survive the cut too. He's certainly not that good. Jaskch regularly plays good footy in the VFL just has an attitude problem that will see his demise. Footy ability isn't his issue.

Jaksch doesn't play to fry and opportunity.

Reply #25
JGM will be lucky to survive the cut too. He's certainly not that good. Jaskch regularly plays good footy in the VFL just has an attitude problem that will see his demise. Footy ability isn't his issue.

Jaksch doesn't play to fry and opportunity.

There is a good chance you are correct about Jaksch and JGM in regards to the cut.

I'm not convinced by Jaksch's form line, it's a quarter here and a quarter there, a lot of his KPP success has come from being a loose man or a crumber getting cheap goals out the back. Not something you want from a guy 195cm and +90kg, leave that job to the munchkins! In some respect Jaksch plays in the exact opposite of the style delivered by the reformed Jones. Jaksch lacks intensity, relies on someone to give him the ball, and impacts marking contests very little. He benefited greatly early in the season by having Jones and Silvagni doing teh heavy lifting with help from O'Shea, Phillips and McKay. When Jaksch isn't the main KPP, when he is surrounded by other tall players taking the KPP heat, he's played some good games but I don't see a future for him in that role. As the VFL coach himself writes, Jaksch's good VFL form is really just the baseline he's expected to achieve.

Prior to breaking his jaw I thought JGM's pre-season and early VFL form was right up there putting him in the running for spot. But at the time we had Plowman, Williamson and Marchbank all playing well. He looked worth a go at the higher levels, but I concede it would be a stretched to have him in the line up as well as Macreadie and Williamson.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26
Not sure about JGM but the simple fact that KJ has not been given any senior game time is a strong indicator IMO that his papers are already stamped. Could be proved wrong yet of course but reports of some of his efforts in the NBs would seem to justify at least one senior outing?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #27
Would Jaksch perform better at senior level? many players dont bust a gut in the twos but lift for the ones, I'd like to see KJ get a game or two before we cast him adrift...

Reply #28
Would Jaksch perform better at senior level? many players dont bust a gut in the twos but lift for the ones, I'd like to see KJ get a game or two before we cast him adrift...

6 games in 2015, 1 in 2016, nada so far this season - tells a very sorry tale.

Reply #29
6 games in 2015, 1 in 2016, nada so far this season - tells a very sorry tale.

You'd also think that with your career on the line you would leave absolutely nothing left in order to get back into the 1s. That's what I don't get about him, surely the coaches have been consistent in their feedback so why has it taken until now for a semi positive response from Fraser in the weekly summary?