Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon (Read 16486 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon

Reply #30
You'd also think that with your career on the line you would leave absolutely nothing left in order to get back into the 1s. That's what I don't get about him, surely the coaches have been consistent in their feedback so why has it taken until now for a semi positive response from Fraser in the weekly summary?

My guess is that he's a lifestyle footy player - he simply doesn't want it badly enough.

Reply #31
Would releasing the shackles be better for their education??

Or would it hinder the ability for players to learn our game plan??

Ratts won what he won because he released the shackles and told them all to stream forward.  We never reigned it back in again though, and players stopped developing and unless you hit the ground running playing a particular way, your education ended there.

We need to do whats in our best interests contest by contest, and not geared towards any other outcome but what is good for "insert players name" developement.

Harry has played two senior AFL games now.  He is applying learning of playing a certain way to his time at AFL level.  Now, he isnt the only one, but given how long it has taken some of them to come on, should we change it up just because the season is over??  Process over outcome.  We stick to the process to yield better outcomes.  Sometimes change will be mutually exclusive, and perhaps we will need to, but its not to "release" anything, but rather to stop people nullyfying our game plan.

Would it better their education...in short  it's a massive YES.

A no brainer for mine. Be bold. It takes courage to flick the switch. I think too many are scared of what might happen.

Can't even compare now to Ratten's time. Not a good example for mine. Ratts, a terrible coach, who relied on Judd's output and a frenzy offense from the get go. Nothing alike to the work Bolton has put in. The grounding in there....NOW, it's time to flick the switch for a few games, or until the end of the year (5 games).

Reply #32
I must have missed the announcement for open mike night at csc. I've got some material I'd like to try out as well.

Reply #33
6 games in 2015, 1 in 2016, nada so far this season - tells a very sorry tale.

You'd also think that with your career on the line you would leave absolutely nothing left in order to get back into the 1s. That's what I don't get about him, surely the coaches have been consistent in their feedback so why has it taken until now for a semi positive response from Fraser in the weekly summary?

Reply #34

Feels like I've read this before somewhere jeffy ::)

One answer could be that we don't have anyone else to fill a role in the 1's. The spin might function to prepare folk to see him run out on Saturday at the G. Or not ;)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #35
Would it better their education...in short  it's a massive YES.

A no brainer for mine. Be bold. It takes courage to flick the switch. I think too many are scared of what might happen.

Can't even compare now to Ratten's time. Not a good example for mine. Ratts, a terrible coach, who relied on Judd's output and a frenzy offense from the get go. Nothing alike to the work Bolton has put in. The grounding in there....NOW, it's time to flick the switch for a few games, or until the end of the year (5 games).

Ratten a terrible coach? You're joking. The only time we've done anything in the last 15 years with a list that wasn't that great. Had to get the best out of alot if rookie listed players to do what he did. That's never sustainable. If he had SOS back then he would've gone way better.

He had a win/loss record of 60/59. Not bad given he lost his first 9 including the first 6 that we tanked.

Reply #36

It's attitude as he has often played well enough to play senior footy. Attitude must really suck.

Anyway, give him ago for a couple of weeks just to see what he can do before we sack him.

Reply #37
no way KJ ,we need in runners for this game ,bring in armfield ,boekhurst ,pickett,ess game style is quick ball movement simple

Reply #38
I think that we'll go OK this week, we're a lot more comfortable at the MCG and Essendon are nothing flash.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #39
I think that we'll go OK this week, we're a lot more comfortable at the MCG and Essendon are nothing flash.

we'll go ok = win or honorable loss ?

Reply #40
We can't take a trick with our big guys, McKay gone down with a toe injury.
Can someone stop breaking mirrors!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #41
Big H out with Turf Toe.....Cmon Man....You kidding me....Toughen Up Princess...You Got Your Opportunity...Bloody Well Take It >:(

Reply #42
CARLTON'S ROUND 20 TEAM:

Backs   6. Kade Simpson   14. Liam Jones   23. Jacob Weitering
Half-backs   1. Jack Silvagni   22. Caleb Marchbank   20. Lachie Plowman
Centreline   11. Sam Kerridge   4. Bryce Gibbs   39. Dale Thomas
Half-forwards   13. Jed Lamb   41. Levi Casboult   25. Zac Fisher
Forwards   46. Matthew Wright   30. Charlie Curnow   5. Sam Petrevski-Seton
Followers   8. Matthew Kreuzer   15. Sam Docherty   3. Marc Murphy (C)
Interchange   27. Dennis Armfield   12. Blaine Boekhorst   33. Jarrod Pickett
16. Billie Smedts   
Emergencies   18. Kristian Jaksch   24. Rhys Palmer   21. Ciaran Sheehan
In: Armfield, Smedts, Boekhorst, Pickett

Out: White (knee), Cuningham (ankle), Williamson (illness), McKay (toe)

Reply #43
no way KJ ,we need in runners for this game ,bring in armfield ,boekhurst ,pickett,ess game style is quick ball movement simple

KJ will only play if Kreuzer is out.