Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon (Read 16531 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon

Reply #45
The four ins are all named on the bench, I don't think I've ever seen that before.
Pickett needs to take his chance, he's got some ability but he could disappear without a trace if he doesn't get a move on.
Good to see Armfield back in the side, he's only an average footballer but he's a hard worker.
We're a good chance if our second stringers step up.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #46
The other mob have rested two players. Says something about their mindset. We have a sniff.

Reply #47
Bench is awful.  I'd take an 8 goal loss, this could get very ugly.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #48
Bench is awful.  I'd take an 8 goal loss, this could get very ugly.

I'm trying to stay positive but agree that bench is more about hope than any great form in the NB's that won them a place in the team this week..

Reply #49
Added some more mature bodies...we're going for the "win" this week :D

Reply #50
Liam Jones needs to be within 6 feet of Daniher all day.  And every time the ball comes in Liam needs to smash in.... Joe will get his usual heap of frees, (which only the officials see) might as well really make him earn every touch.

If Kreuzer doesn't front up fit their midfield will kill us.

Reply #51
Liam Jones needs to be within 6 feet of Daniher all day.  And every time the ball comes in Liam needs to smash in.... Joe will get his usual heap of frees, (which only the officials see) might as well really make him earn every touch.

Think the emphasis might be on not getting beat too bad but keeping that No 2 pick...

Reply #52
One more win up north and it might be pick no. 1.

Reply #53
One more win up north and it might be pick no. 1.

The % difference is too great between us and the Lions to make up in the last few rounds - pick 2 is the best we can hope for, although I would prefer having pick 18 as my first, anyhoo...........

Reply #54

If Kreuzer's out Jones will ruck with Levi and Jaksch will play i'd say.

Reply #55
If Kreuzer doesn't come up you'd expect KJ to come in as the tall forward with Meat doing the ruck work.

Cuningham was useless against Geelong so that's no loss. White strugged and Williamson was okay. Would have liked to see H go again.

The 4 ins are, well, about the only 4 you could bring in! Hopefully Boekhorst can impress his future suitors. Might be Den Dens final game, chance for Pickett to show his wares and there are those of us who see potential in Billie so hopefully he can show us something. Probably our best chance for a win before the season concludes.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #56
If Kreuzer's out Jones will ruck with Levi and Jaksch will play i'd say.

That would be something to see, it'd be the Pagan era revisited.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #57
Think the emphasis might be on not getting beat too bad but keeping that No 2 pick...

Yes, we really need to contain the damage now for the rest of the year which may damage morale, and avoid any bad beatings, especially v. the Bummers!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #58
Yes, we really need to contain the damage now for the rest of the year which may damage morale, and avoid any bad beatings, especially v. the Bummers!

If the team I play for in a professional sporting competition was sitting 2nd last out of 18 teams, I reckon my morale may already be up the poop chute.

Loving those sigs of yours cookie. The Amazon one, plus this new one. Keep em coming............

Reply #59

I wouldn't be writing us off against this mob.

BB might release the shackles a little so we can run, risk and carry rather than the ultra safe, kick-n-posses, model we're showing at present; the minimize damage style.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17