Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon (Read 16485 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon

Reply #75
I'll have the long 'un on as well tomorrow, too cold to get the gunz out.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Re: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon

Reply #76
Pickett needs a bit of time down back to learn some insight into the game as a whole...he has only one gear and thats fast forward at every opportunity. He has the tools to be a very good and exciting player as I have said many times before but he just needs to become a better decision maker and know when to curb his natural instinct and play safe.
Liam Jones is a classic example of not knowing much about the game and appreciating raw talent needs to be combined with intelligent decision making and the only way is to be given a job where you have responsibility for the entire game minding a man, relying on and combining with others and thats down back in a defensive role.
At the moment Pickett is a one man show who does his own thing when he feels like it.....shades of Chris Yarran but I think we need to stick with Pickett and give him the Liam Jones treatment and see how much he wants to learn and have an AFL career.
Couldn't agree more, lad needs time off the wing/hb