Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon (Read 16525 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20 : Pre Game thread - Carlton V Essendon

Reply #60
That would be something to see, it'd be the Pagan era revisited.

Jones really gunned it in the ruck in the NBs before they put him in defence. We mightn't win many tapouts but we'd go alright around the ground not to mention the opposition bodies getting smashed about.

Reply #61
Jones really gunned it in the ruck in the NBs before they put him in defence. We mightn't win many tapouts but we'd go alright around the ground not to mention the opposition bodies getting smashed about.

I just hope Kreuzer plays otherwise it could get very ugly.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #62
If Kreuzer's out Jones will ruck with Levi and Jaksch will play i'd say.
If KJ plays, that will be 41 players used of the 46 players used.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #63
If Kreuzer is out KJ comes in and rucks the Cam Pedersen role, basically nuisance value. The ball will be on the ground most of the time so it's about halving the contest.  Don't upset Jones' momentum in the back or rob us up forward by moving Casboult. Just tell KJ to get off his ar$e and compete.

Reply #64
I wouldn't be writing us off against this mob.

BB might release the shackles a little so we can run, risk and carry rather than the ultra safe, kick-n-posses, model we're showing at present; the minimize damage style.

We weren't too successful at containing the damage last week Baggers. I would hope we can do a lot better this week and I'm not writing us off for sure.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #65
If the team I play for in a professional sporting competition was sitting 2nd last out of 18 teams, I reckon my morale may already be up the poop chute.

Loving those sigs of yours cookie. The Amazon one, plus this new one. Keep em coming............

Ok Paul, will do my best.????
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #66
I wouldn't be writing us off against this mob.

BB might release the shackles a little so we can run, risk and carry rather than the ultra safe, kick-n-posses, model we're showing at present; the minimize damage style.

I agree.

Our young kids have played a lot of football with and against their young kids, there are no starstruck effects to worry about, the outcome is just a kids versus kids issue.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #67
We've lost two defenders in White and Williamson and a key forward in McKay and we've included three utility types and a small forward struggling to get a kick in the VFL, none of whom are noted for their defensive skills.
Essendon will need to have a very bad day or Murphy and Gibbs will need to have 80 touches between them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #68
We've lost two defenders in White and Williamson and a key forward in McKay and we've included three utility types and a small forward struggling to get a kick in the VFL, none of whom are noted for their defensive skills.
Essendon will need to have a very bad day or Murphy and Gibbs will need to have 80 touches between them.

Actually Pickett was very effective in last week's win from all report. 2 goals and plenty of activity....

i think they're good ins given the fast style the Bummers employ.

Willo has looked cooked ever since he's come back and similarly White off the pace similarly....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #69
Actually Pickett was very effective in last week's win from all report. 2 goals and plenty of activity....
i think they're good ins

Pickett had his best game for a month and still had single figure possessions, the ins are about the best we can manage but I wouldn't call them good.

Reply #70
Pickett had his best game for a month and still had single figure possessions, the ins are about the best we can manage but I wouldn't call them good.

I was thinking its lucky he does a lot without much of the ball because we are odds on to chase tail again around the park this saturday.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #71
Pickett needs a bit of time down back to learn some insight into the game as a whole...he has only one gear and thats fast forward at every opportunity. He has the tools to be a very good and exciting player as I have said many times before but he just needs to become a better decision maker and know when to curb his natural instinct and play safe.
Liam Jones is a classic example of not knowing much about the game and appreciating raw talent needs to be combined with intelligent decision making and the only way is to be given a job where you have responsibility for the entire game minding a man, relying on and combining with others and thats down back in a defensive role.
At the moment Pickett is a one man show who does his own thing when he feels like it.....shades of Chris Yarran but I think we need to stick with Pickett and give him the Liam Jones treatment and see how much he wants to learn and have an AFL career.

Reply #72
Despite our injury woes, despite our youth, despite our form line, I cannot help but have a good feeling about tomorrow!

Hopefully we are not playing Sunday! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #73
Could we see a record number of long sleeves jumpers tomorrow??
I can count 8-10 possibles.   

Reply #74
Could we see a record number of long sleeves jumpers tomorrow??
I can count 8-10 possibles.  

Simpson
Gibbs
Jack
SPS
Marchbank
Plowman
Daisy
Boekhorst
Wright
Fisher

??