Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Post Game Palaver: Carlton vs Essendon. (Read 16194 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20: Post Game Palaver: Carlton vs Essendon.

Reply #15
We just try to strangle teams and drag them down to our level, horrible to watch.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #16
Simmo was poor and looked slow and tired, but I think he could play a bit part.
I think his season overall has still been a good one and managed well I think he should have 1  more year.

As for the game, the score flattered us a bit as the Don's kicking for goal was woeful.
Weitering should be put out for the rest of the season, he looks shot.

Kreuzer is a monster this year
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #17
In summary, Jones is a beast, Pickett showed a little, Kreuzer should be  AA, Captain played well but didnt will his team over the line, Levi is not a match winner, they should have won by plenty given the number of sitters they missed, father time has caught up to Simmo and Daisy, one step close to another pick 1, we've had 4, and we are still stuck at the bottom.
I shouldnt post after a loss to those cheating kents.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
In summary, Jones is a beast, Pickett showed a little, Kreuzer should be  AA, Captain played well but didnt will his team over the line, Levi is not a match winner, they should have won by plenty given the number of sitters they missed, father time has caught up to Simmo and Daisy, one step close to another pick 1, we've had 4, and we are still stuck at the bottom.

Having pick 1 doesn't help if you get the rest of your picks wrong. Only recently have we seemed to start getting them right.

They missed alot of easy ones but we paid them back in kind in the last qtr.

Reply #19
Turned it off after sos missed, couldn't watch and not surprised we lost. In fact I thought we'd lose by more. Of the little snippets I saw there was plenty to like about Pickett. Looked like a player with a bit of ****.

I'm glad they gave he supporters something to be begrudging happy with.

Reply #20
I could only listen to it, but it sounded like our skills were terrible.
Although the Scum kicked poorly we lost it.
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #21
We miss the second big body of either ASOS or Rowe down back. Re Simpson, he's way down on form and effectiveness and won't be part of our next major assault. I'd rather see us work with our preferred 6 down back, unfortunately st the expense of Simpson.

Reply #22
Don't understand the Daisy negativity, him and Wright probably were the reasons we got as close as we did!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23

We should also get a priority pick finally! Especially after that last comment, being stuck at the bottom. The AFL helped the Dawks pretty quickly but are VERY reluctant to help us. >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #24

Kreuzer should be  AA,

Should being the key word. played another blinder but doesn't play for a sexy team so will not get it.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #25
Turned it off after sos missed, couldn't watch and not surprised we lost. In fact I thought we'd lose by more. Of the little snippets I saw there was plenty to like about Pickett. Looked like a player with a bit of ****.

I'm glad they gave he supporters something to be begrudging happy with.
There was one centre bounce where he came off the line and really cracked in very hard. Also laid a great chase down tackle. Thing is, that MUST be the norm not the exception. A few of his team mates should take note of the same also.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #26
We should also get a priority pick finally! Especially after that last comment, being stuck at the bottom. The AFL helped the Dawks pretty quickly but are VERY reluctant to help us. >:(

The AFL won't give us a priority pick.

The AFL think we are tanking, and they refuse to reward such behaviour!

But you can expect a priority pick for Brisbane this year, jot it in now!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
Don't understand the Daisy negativity, him and Wright probably were the reasons we got as close as we did!

Daisy's best game for a month I thought, he was in our best three or four.
Plowman and Marchbank are good players but they both need time in the gym in the off season, strong bodied forwards push them around and neither can break a tackle.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #28
Should being the key word. played another blinder but doesn't play for a sexy team so will not get it.
You know what? I couldnt give a feck if he gets AA or not. He is AA in my mind, I wish we had another 10-12 with his attitude and desire.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #29
The AFL won't give us a priority pick.

The AFL think we are tanking, and they refuse to reward such behaviour!

But you can expect a priority pick for Brisbane this year, jot it in now!

I suspect that's right.
If you come out and say you're "rebuilding your list" that's a choice you make...and we've done it very publicly.
We had to do it that way to keep the supporters on side.
But you cant say "we're stripping back our list to the bare bones...but give us a priority pick anyway."
It's our choice that we've taken this path.
That's the "out" for the AFL
It won't be rewarded in the short term.