Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 20: Post Game Palaver: Carlton vs Essendon. (Read 16196 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 20: Post Game Palaver: Carlton vs Essendon.

Reply #30
Should being the key word. played another blinder but doesn't play for a sexy team so will not get it.

Yeh, Nick Bowen reporting for the AFL was obviously at a different game!

Carlton: Jones, Docherty, Wright, Petrevski-Seton, Murphy, Thomas

Reply #31
I wish we had another 10-12 with his attitude and desire.

Bloody oath - he doesn't mouth off or showboat he just plays football like it should be played.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #32
I suspect that's right.
If you come out and say you're "rebuilding your list" that's a choice you make...and we've done it very publicly.
We had to do it that way to keep the supporters on side.
But you cant say "we're stripping back our list to the bare bones...but give us a priority pick anyway."
It's our choice that we've taken this path.
That's the "out" for the AFL
It won't be rewarded in the short term.

Yes, 7 and 5 wins in consecutive years won't be getting us a PP.

Reply #33

I always check the stats before doing my votes but without looking I had Kreuzer as BOG and Jones 2nd.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #34

Who does Bowen barrack for, I'm betting a team with a ruckmen who is competing with Kreuzer for the AA spot! ;)

There was a stoush on radio earlier today, four or five commenting on the AA Ruck, all except one picked Kreuzer which surprised me. The other picked McEvoy! Nobody picked Ryder which surprised me, but I suppose it was a CheatsFC pre-game and Ryder's persona-non-grata on the CheatsFC broadcasts!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #35
Don't understand the Daisy negativity, him and Wright probably were the reasons we got as close as we did!

Wright was good as he always is and while no fan of Daisy overall I'm going to agree with you on this one, I thought he played a good game and
was cool under pressure and would have him in our better players.

Reply #36
Must be some crape going down in footy circles atm re ruckmen as Sellers was really going out of his way today to boost Kreuz.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #37
Wright was good as he always is and while no fan of Daisy overall I'm going to agree with you on this one, I thought he played a good game and
was cool under pressure and would have him in our better players.

My worry is EB1, by now I had expected to see some of the youth showing signs that the likes of Daisy and Wright would be the support act not the front line.

But I'm sourly disappointed, our kids look like the support act! Other than SPS, none of them look like they have the next gear to supplant Wright or Thomas!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #38
We just try to strangle teams and drag them down to our level, horrible to watch.

Essendon should have won by plenty they strangled themselves...start of next season we have to be more attacking and alter the game plan to a more
hybrid model where we look to score more and rely less on strangling...
The Simpson, Docherty loose man down back and everyone else pushed up the ground plan is cooked...other teams are just manning us up now and
we are turning the ball over closer to goal..

Reply #39
We can live with it this this year as we develop but we must win these games next year. If games stopped at the 15 min of the last qtr this year we'd have 11 wins and playing finals. So we must take the next step next year and finish these games off.

Reply #40
We can live with it this this year as we develop but we must win these games next year. If games stopped at the 15 min of the last qtr this year we'd have 11 wins and playing finals. So we must take the next step next year and finish these games off.

Yes true Jim. I'm not panicking yet. We will get more young talent/depth on board this year and some more of the more ordinary players will go. I still have confidence in SOS and his team to get it right.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #41
Critical errors killed us today.... Kerridge.... Simmo.... 

If we had a second marking target we would have run these hacks even closer.

Cant knock the effort.

P.s. Brendan Goddard remains a flog.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #42
We have to cut our losses with Casboult at the end of this season, he's never going to be any better and he's just not good enough.
Necessity is the mother of invention and if he's not there we have to come up with something else, maybe even something that works. 
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #43
Was disappointed as the senior players not the kids cost us in the last 5 mins again.

Simmo and doc made costly.

But cas had a fairly simply shot with under 2 mins to go to put us in front and sprayed it.

Smedts is simply a waste of time. Fisher doesn't touch the ball enough for a mid.

Pickett did some amazing things. Doesn't get much of the ball but could be something dry special. I would persist with him till end of the year.

Again same old story - again we have no one to guide us home when in a winning position late in a game. 

Reply #44
No 1 pick is well in play..