Skip to main content
Topic: 1AW GOTY (Read 4153 times) previous topic - next topic

1AW GOTY

I have't seen this mentioned anywhere, but it seems as thought Andrew Walker won this year's Goal of the Year with 52% of the votes.
http://goaloftheyear.afl.com.au/

Re: 1AW GOTY

Reply #1
Good catch there Mark. He has missed a few awards in past seasons and his goal was half decent. Not as good as his marks though. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
Bartlett was obviously not on the voting panel >:D Seems the footy world voted his grab against the Bumbers as the goal of the year anyway... must irk Hungry seeing 1AWs mark featuring in so much AFL promotion. Up yours, Kev. :P
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3
Should have been Buddy. 

Is, was and will always be, Gozza's man.  ;D

Reply #4
I heard it was actually Buddy who won it.
 :-\

Reply #5

HAWTHORN has had an early win on Grand Final day, with Lance Franklin's long, running goal against Collingwood in round three announced as the 2013 Goal of the Year.

??????

Reply #6
Yeah Buddy won it and what a load of crap. It's only worthy of being mentioned because he jumps a player on the ground and then kicks a regulation snap from fifty.

Walker's run from back of the square, turned on the after burners to see off a challenge and then driven it home from 50. But I guess he isn't Buddy and he plays for Carlton. ::)

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/R35FSrzvgHM[/flash]
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #7
Walker's was better than Franklin's, although I thought Eddie Betts kicked won that impressed me.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8

HAWTHORN has had an early win on Grand Final day, with Lance Franklin's long, running goal against Collingwood in round three announced as the 2013 Goal of the Year.

??????

Thought Ablett's was better than both Walker's and Buddy's.

Reply #9

??????

Thought Ablett's was better than both Walker's and Buddy's.

Meh, Yablett was a chanced snap that no-one would have chastised if he had missed. Gets the goal and he's a master. Akin to a hole in one to me. A great result achieved by desire more than skill.
IN WADA WE TRUST