Skip to main content
Topic: "Whip It, Whip It Good" - Who Is Your 2014 Whipping Boy ?? (Read 14321 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Whip It, Whip It Good" - Who Is Your 2014 Whipping Boy ??

Reply #15
Lucas. Just not up to 'Working in the Coalmine' of AFL footy... :)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #16

He might be the 'Girl U Want' though ??  ;D

I feel that Kane Lucas is going to really polarise Blues supporters this year because there are a lot of them who have reasonably high expectations based on their perceived beliefs from last year.

The other half cannot see his worth and are highly critical of his tackling technique and lack of body pressure.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #17
Yup, I'm afraid I have the Lucas card marked - he's soft and cannot stick a tackle to save himself. I'd just love him to prove me wrong but if he doesn't then he'll definitely be gone at year's end.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #18
Mitch Robinson

If we are to improve we should expect Mitch Robinson intensity from every player, therefore his skills will be lacking polish for him to be in the best 22.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #19
It's hard for me to look at Robinson and believe he is a whipping post, his attack on the contest cannot be faulted, however, his disposal is sometimes errant which can attract some critics.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #20
It's hard for me to look at Robinson and believe he is a whipping post, his attack on the contest cannot be faulted, however, his disposal is sometimes errant which can attract some critics.

All AFL Teams should have his effort as a standard. Fremantle had it to a man, yet Hawks polish and skills brought them a premiership.

His attack should be non negotiable but if we are to improve you cannot have him making the decisions he does. When he 27-28th player on our list, we will be doing well.

I agree with Krudds about Bell as well, but think he will have a big year.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #21
I've been very critical of Robbo's disposal in the past but his attack on the man and the ball sort of makes up a bit for that in my mind. Agree, when he's not an automatic selection each week I think we will be growing into a better side. Lucas for me is a bigger worry than Robbo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
Mitch Robinson

If we are to improve we should expect Mitch Robinson intensity from every player, therefore his skills will be lacking polish for him to be in the best 22.

That's a fair point but you're dreaming if your man Murphy is going to attack the ball like Robbo. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
For 'Lethal' to sing Robbos praises yet acknowledge his 'rough edges' is enough for me! Frustrating from time to time? Yes. Whipping boy? Never.

Reply #24

He might be the 'Girl U Want' though ??  ;D

Not until he's 'Through Being Cool'...  ;D ;D But until then he'll remain one of those 'Soft Things' who can't handle the pressure... ;D ;D

Reply #25
Looking back, I ve had a host of Carlton players who frustrated me over the ears:
During the 'Dark Years' - basically the whole team except Fev, Denis Pagan lol
2008-2012- Wiggins, Thornton, Joseph, Russell,  and I ll throw in Ratten during 2012.

From 2013 onwards, my whipping boys have been an obvious call... Boots, Lucas and Robbo.

Reply #26
Robinson was our spiritual leader at one point, where he would lift the side with his desperate acts, and the rest would start following his example and come to the party with the physicality.

That wasnt true last season and it was the first time in a few years that I saw players going when it was their turn prior to Robbo leading the way.

I think Robbo really needs to just play smarter footy.  He will never become an improved kick of the footy as its just not the way it works, but what he can improve is his composure and decision making.  This was highlighted against the Tigers last season with that punch through.  Everyone knew about it but him.

Bell is still learning.  He can afford to butcher it a bit this year provided he does as much good as he does bad.  Robinson needs to become more honest indian with the footy at this stage else his card might be marked.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #27
The guys had balls from Day 1, I ll give him that much.
But its his 6th season in the big time. If he cant improve his disposal and decision making at this stage of his  career, agreed, MM wont tolerate him for much longer.

Reply #28
Mick Malthouse is my whipping boy until he brings us a flag. Ended our streak against the Tiges in his first match as coach by having the boys play an outdated game plan that was never going to work with our list anyway. Persisted with said plan for the better part of the season. I knew the plan would not work before it was even implemented, why didn't he? Not one genuinely impressive win for the entire 2013 season, grace period is over, deliver or GTFO!!!

Reply #29
For 'Lethal' to sing Robbos praises yet acknowledge his 'rough edges' is enough for me! Frustrating from time to time? Yes. Whipping boy? Never.

I feel the same. He is what he is and cant see him imporoving much skill wise, but he does have the combat mentality that to many of our other players lack and therefore I prefer him in the team.