Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 7: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 34133 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 7: Pre Game Paranoia: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #45
Kennedy aint right still. Moving super slow and turning circle of a Mack truck! Not sure what they do there. He should have come back via the VFL IMO.

We are too tall IMO also.

Reply #46
Is there a worse left foot kick in the comp?
We all love his commitment but wow he can turn it over.

His foot skills have always been the difference between him being a good honest footballer and a top liner.
Cripps and Charlie need to brush up as well.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #47
re: Simpsons kicking, cant kick as far as he did and as he tires it gets worse but as Cookie suggested he is a heart and soul player and he gives it all when he plays and its shame his last season will spent struggling for wins. Need to win the Essendon game for him, be nice to see him be BOG in a winning team vs those muppets....

Reply #48
re: Simpsons kicking, cant kick as far as he did and as he tires it gets worse but as Cookie suggested he is a heart and soul player and he gives it all when he plays and its shame his last season will spent struggling for wins. Need to win the Essendon game for him, be nice to see him be BOG in a winning team vs those muppets.... CHEATS

Reply #49
Cripps and Charlie need to brush up as well.

There is no improvement from Simmo, Ed, Kerridge (Although???) but these two kids have to show something, was happy to see Cripps trying to kick it some more last weekend. That has to be step one of getting better at it, actually doing some of it!

Also liked Cripps becoming a bit more mobile at stoppages instead of just working inside all the time, for his size he is quite agile and once he's got momentum and space he deals with opponents quite easily. Handed out some Dusty style don't argues as well.

One might go with the other, mobility makes space, space makes kicking.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
Kennedy aint right still. Moving super slow and turning circle of a Mack truck! Not sure what they do there. He should have come back via the VFL IMO.

We are too tall IMO also.

Yes I've been disppointed, well very disappointed, so far by Kennedy. I was looking forward to getting him on the list but so far I am underwhelmed. He has had pretty good raps in the past  so all we can do is wait until he is fully fit before pass judgement I guess. Meanwhile Cripps is still out there desperate for support.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #51
There is no improvement from Simmo, Ed, Kerridge (Although???) but these two kids have to show something, was happy to see Cripps trying to kick it some more last weekend.

It's been an ongoing problem at Carlton for many years now, I can't think of another club where so many players with below par foot skills have played 100 plus games.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #52
Need to win the Essendon game for him, be nice to see him be BOG in a winning team vs those muppets....

Well I hate them too, but it's a pipe dream!

Like Waitey running into that open F50 goal the weekend after his father passed, no-one else to blame!

There's no point Simmo shaking his head as he turns and jogs back, after he's cooked another kick! While you must accept I'm not a fan of our forwards either, no matter how well they play there is only so much they can do!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #53

I'd keep reseting Kreuzer and playing Phillips.

No point rushing Kreuzer back....are we hoping for finals??
Phillips could very much be a long term #1 option if we develop him like we are attempting to do with the others. Now is the time to keep playing him.

Currently Phillips is superior in hitouts to advantage based on what i've seen. His leap is superior as well.
His work around the ground could use some work, but his effort is not lacking.

Phillips is underrated IMO. Lets see what he's got. His leaping advantage could very much help us against Sauce Jacobs who will outdo Kreuzer in most ruck contests.

If Kreuzer is ready to go, I'd play them both with Phillips taking the centre bounce and Kreuzer as a midfielder and the pair sharing around the ground duties.

Reply #54
It would be very hard to drop Phillips on his recent form.
Playing 2 recognized rucks hasn't been that good lately, but ...

Who do we drop when the talls are showing promise? H? He was OK, though not brilliant. Casboult? He had a very solid game. Charlie? Over my dead body. Rowe? Not really in the thought patterns. Jack? Maybe, but he is more of a mid-sized forward.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #55
If Kreuzer is ready to go, I'd play them both with Phillips taking the centre bounce and Kreuzer as a midfielder and the pair sharing around the ground duties.

That's probably what would happen if the world was fair because Phillips has done everything asked of him.

But ruckman generally float forward these days and right now we've got too many talls already. I didn't notice Phillips able to get into the forwardline much on the weekend and that was without Krooz.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #56
Kennedy aint right still. I certainly hope this is the case. Moving super slow and turning circle of a Mack truck! He has a turning circle?

He seems slow by hand and by foot as well as above the shoulders so I am fervently hoping there is an explanation for his lack of apparent mobility - if not, I can't help wondering why we were keen to get him.

Reply #57
I don't really rate Phillips to be honest, he's a plodder as far as I'm concerned.
If Kreuzer is fit it would be crazy not to play him, it does the young blokes no good at all getting towelled up every week so we need to put as good a side as possible on the park and at least try and be competitive.

Reply #58
It would be very hard to drop Phillips on his recent form.
Playing 2 recognized rucks hasn't been that good lately, but ...

Who do we drop when the talls are showing promise? H? He was OK, though not brilliant. Casboult? He had a very solid game. Charlie? Over my dead body. Rowe? Not really in the thought patterns. Jack? Maybe, but he is more of a mid-sized forward.

Kreuzer is faster than Jack and generally better in every other aspect of playing football so, even though I don't think Kreuzer has ever been a realistic option as a forward, I would play him as a mid-sized half-forward in preference to Jack and keep Wright closer to goal where he is more likely to make an impact with his limited opportunities.

Reply #59
I don't really rate Phillips to be honest, he's a plodder as far as I'm concerned.

He didn't impress me last year but his 2 games this season have been more than a little promising for now and the future.