Skip to main content
Topic: Chris Yarran has gone backwards. (Read 114768 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chris Yarran has gone backwards.

Reply #15
Yarran played on and beat many small forwards. He was also tagged by defensive forwards to quell his influence, so dangerous he was on the rebound. Obviously you were always on Yarran's case in the last few years telling us how bad he was in defence? Or have you just seen the light now? :D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #16
I've always said he's our most talented player but he's lazy and soft. That view hasn't changed.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #18
Chris Yarran was heading down the path of being a pretty good AFL footballer under Ratten.  Problem is he has got the ability to be AA, even better.   I have always said the only thing standing in Chris Yarran's way is Chris Yarran.

I actually love that MM has given will a wake up call or two.   He needs chase more and work harder otherwise in 10 years time we will talk about what a great player Yarran could have been.

If he takes a step backwards to take two forward then so be it.  

Reply #19
If he takes a step backwards to take two forward then so be it.  

That's fine but let's just hope the forward steps aren't at another club.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
He was okay this year before he did his hammy. His games against the pies (rd 2) and eagles (rd 4) were very good.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #21
I remember a doco on TV a year or two ago about 3-4 young footballers and their lives. CY was one of them and he showed the guts and will to be eventually drafted into the AFL. All others fell by the wayside.

That showed me that he has got inner strength and yes EB1, maybe a mentor such as Mickey O would be a good idea for him to help him reach inside to that inner reserve?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #22
I remember a doco on TV a year or two ago about 3-4 young footballers and their lives. CY was one of them and he showed the guts and will to be eventually drafted into the AFL. All others fell by the wayside.

That showed me that he has got inner strength and yes EB1, maybe a mentor such as Mickey O would be a good idea for him to help him reach inside to that inner reserve?

i thought one Edward Betts was a mentor?

Maybe Chris needs to become a Dad ala Eddie, Carrots and Jeff G.?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #23

The show was called 'Three Boys Dreaming' and got replayed just last week on ABC1.
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #24

The show was called 'Three Boys Dreaming' and got replayed just last week on ABC1.

That's it! Thanks Sheik - it is a great program.

Reply #25
Spot On Carrots.

Notice since the Dropping of Yarran:

1. The Form of Garlett (who was close to AA) has fallen away dramatically. as as his intensity and Desire.
2. Betts hasn't got near it and was close to re-signing at the bye but has now held off talks with the club.
3. Yarran is unsure whether to take the game on or stop and prop and kick long to the Boundary.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #26
Spot On Carrots.

1. The Form of Garlett (who was close to AA) has fallen away dramatically. as as his intensity and Desire.
2. Betts hasn't got near it and was close to re-signing at the bye but has now held off talks with the club.
3. Yarran is unsure whether to take the game on or stop and prop and kick long to the Boundary.

Are you saying the Aboriginals are on strike?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #27
Spot On Carrots.

Garletts form fell away all last year and he played pretty well from limited touches on Saturday.
Bett's hasn't had a kick since (and including) the first Saints game. So much so that his game as sub on the weekend was his best in a long long time.
Yarrans endeavour has been reasonable since his return to the side, apart from the Pies game and he wasn't on his own.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #28
I don't think there's anything sinister going on with the three amigos. Like other players they are struggling a bit with the transition to the MM way of playing. In fact I thought Jeffy started to show a bit v. the Saints.

Reply #29
Yarran went backwards last year, to say he has gone backwards this year is a complete lie.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!