Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain (Read 39557 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain

Reply #30
So Daisy doesn't mind getting the pay cheque and not getting dropped because u and the coach back him for 'better things to come... One day' give me a screwing break!

They seem disinterested because the coach is not a good for for the talented players in this group.

Reply #31
So Daisy doesn't mind getting the pay cheque and not getting dropped because u and the coach back him for 'better things to come... One day' give me a screwing break!

They seem disinterested because the coach is not a good for for the talented players in this group.
Why are they all re-signing then?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #32

As much as you want to hang Daisy, the MC isn't going to drop 6 or 7 players and he wasn't the worst tonight by a long way!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
Surely we can fit Waite and Garlett into that team.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #34
we are seriously missing a crumber in our forward half. Hope Garlett has payed his dues in 2nds and is ready for a return.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #36
Mick wants to know why we fall away for a quarter or two?....I'll tell you why....the Swans bigger bodies take over and like most of the better teams are fitter/stronger than our blokes and have more run in their legs. We tire when we have to chase and tackle those big units like Kennedy, McVeigh etc...
Someone said Bell looks fat...agree.....Brock couldnt run out of sight on a dark night and even Chris Judd looked spent.

re: Yarran laughing with Buddy..yep would have drgaeed him and he wouldnt be playing next week...

re: Ellard...not up to it like I have said..

re: Graham...yep like others losing faith in what I am seeing, not quick enough and lacks the grunt needed at AFL level...Johnson looks more intense and wants it more IMO.

re: Daisy...made the effort early I thought but when it got ugly gave it away.....he just isnt fit enough IMO and vs the Swans the unfit get put to the sword.

Rowe and Jamo tried but were swallowed up by the amount of forward entries.......Hnderson and our forwards froze due to the lack of forward entries...

Warnock won tap out but directed them poorly.....nil all draw with Pyke who did nothing either...

Reply #37
we are seriously missing a crumber in our forward half. Hope Garlett has payed his dues in 2nds and is ready for a return.

Fair enough DU, but do you really expect him to make much of a difference? What we need are some players who will bring in not only skills but also the leadership qualities and instincts to inspire others. Jeffy, nor Waite for that matter, have these qualities. In fact we need to look outside the club for them.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #38

Fair enough DU, but do you really expect him to make much of a difference? What we need are some players who will bring in not only skills but also the leadership qualities and instincts to inspire others. Jeffy, nor Waite for that matter, have these qualities. In fact we need to look outside the club for them.

Agree...nothing to crumb really...after half time they owned the footy we couldnt get it forward....

Reply #39
To all the Daisy knockers, after an 18 month foot injury it will take a year plus a preseason to get back full fitness back. No he is not earning his dollar, but few else out there are either.

It's not Daisy's fault that he is getting a game, because there were six or seven worse than him tonight.

Bell looks fat and not fit(No excuse for a bloke with a sore finger!), Walker makes bad decisions(COntinues to make bad decisions), Ellard had no impact(Can't compete against bigger bodies!), Tuohy had little impact(Confidence shot), Everitt was ordinary(Too timid and inconsistent), Warnock is just awful(I'm speechless about the weak effort of a 206cm 108kg player) and Yarran gave us nothing(Just disinterested!)!

A year or so ago I thought Bell getting caught with the ball was due to inexperience, I thought he'd wake up as he got more games under his belt. I'm still waiting for his slow reaction times to be a thing of the past,   :(
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #40
We have a club that should always make the 8, bottom end of it admittedly being the limit. Given we've played 4 of the last 5 finals series that's a fair summary. Our drafting has been too poor, beyond the first round no brainers, to go any higher. Some class at the top end, which has allowed us to play finals, but we drop off, meaning don't past the first week or two. Then if we have a year where we struggle and/or don't work hard, we get what we see this season.

As far as a coach goes, obviously an outstanding career but won't coach this team to their strengths instead coaching to his own game plan theories that simply don't suit our club.

Biggest problem is that we are lazy, have a poor work ethic, poor culture and poor attitude. 4 coaches have had a go at sorting those problems since 2001 and the closest to being successful was Ratts, who at least made us a very competitive team and close to top 4 but even then those traits often popped up. That's the most disappointing. Could understand it if we were truly a 5-11, 14th place list but even we are better than that hence the disappointment with with the work rate and attitude.

This club can put on bursts of scintillating football, showing they are capable. That's often when we are 5 goals behind where we produce a sudden run of goals and hit the lead 15 minutes later. Then we can play absolute lazy, poor crap too, like the 3rd qtr tonight.

We are never safe when 5 goals in front and never out of it when 5 goals behind.

Reply #41

I don't know Cookie, we just looked so sloooooooooow all over the ground tonight

― Mark Twain

Reply #42
To all the Daisy knockers, after an 18 month foot injury it will take a year plus a preseason to get back full fitness back. No he is not earning his dollar, but few else out there are either.

It's not Daisy's fault that he is getting a game, because there were six or seven worse than him tonight.

Bell looks fat and not fit(No excuse for a bloke with a sore finger!), Walker makes bad decisions(COntinues to make bad decisions), Ellard had no impact(Can't compete against bigger bodies!), Tuohy had little impact(Confidence shot), Everitt was ordinary(Too timid and inconsistent), Warnock is just awful(I'm speechless about the weak effort of a 206cm 108kg player) and Yarran gave us nothing(Just disinterested!)!

A year or so ago I thought Bell getting caught with the ball was due to inexperience, I thought he'd wake up as he got more games under his belt. I'm still waiting for his slow reaction times to be a thing of the past,   :(
And people started comparing him to Kouta. I said at the time and I will say it again, he aint one of Kouta's ball bags.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #43

Bell is mainly a big lad who can throw his weight around and should be used mainly in close quarter combat situations to tackle, barge, block, bump and protect other more skilled players. His own skills are average, he is not creative or endowed with much vision and is relatively slow of mind. What you see now is what we've got IMO. Depth player at best for mine.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #44
our midfield is soft.

moreover, warnock rucks to the opposition. game over in that moment.
Finals, then 4 in a row!