Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain (Read 39942 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain

Reply #45
To all the Daisy knockers, after an 18 month foot injury it will take a year plus a preseason to get back full fitness back. No he is not earning his dollar, but few else out there are either.

It's not Daisy's fault that he is getting a game, because there were six or seven worse than him tonight.

Bell looks fat and not fit(No excuse for a bloke with a sore finger!), Walker makes bad decisions(COntinues to make bad decisions), Ellard had no impact(Can't compete against bigger bodies!), Tuohy had little impact(Confidence shot), Everitt was ordinary(Too timid and inconsistent), Warnock is just awful(I'm speechless about the weak effort of a 206cm 108kg player) and Yarran gave us nothing(Just disinterested!)!

A year or so ago I thought Bell getting caught with the ball was due to inexperience, I thought he'd wake up as he got more games under his belt. I'm still waiting for his slow reaction times to be a thing of the past,   :(

Bell is mainly a big lad who can throw his weight around and should be used mainly in close quarter combat situations to tackle, barge, block, bump and protect other more skilled players. His own skills are average, he is not creative or endowed with much vision and is relatively slow of mind. What you see now is what we've got IMO. Depth player at best for mine.

Sam Lane interviewed Juddy after the game and I thought I saw Bell in the background with his jumper off and he looked like he had a gut......no second efforts from either tonight and he doesnt look fit.

Reply #46
To all the Daisy knockers, after an 18 month foot injury it will take a year plus a preseason to get back full fitness back. No he is not earning his dollar, but few else out there are either.

It's not Daisy's fault that he is getting a game, because there were six or seven worse than him tonight.

Bell looks fat and not fit(No excuse for a bloke with a sore finger!), Walker makes bad decisions(COntinues to make bad decisions), Ellard had no impact(Can't compete against bigger bodies!), Tuohy had little impact(Confidence shot), Everitt was ordinary(Too timid and inconsistent), Warnock is just awful(I'm speechless about the weak effort of a 206cm 108kg player) and Yarran gave us nothing(Just disinterested!)!

A year or so ago I thought Bell getting caught with the ball was due to inexperience, I thought he'd wake up as he got more games under his belt. I'm still waiting for his slow reaction times to be a thing of the past,   :(
And people started comparing him to Kouta. I said at the time and I will say it again, he aint one of Kouta's ball bags.

I'd hope not, those ball bags are important to our father son prospects and I'm hoping the end result isn't another Tom Bell. No offense intended towards Bell, I'm just expecting a lot more from the  Kouta  blood line. 
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #47
we are seriously missing a crumber in our forward half. Hope Garlett has payed his dues in 2nds and is ready for a return.

Fair enough DU, but do you really expect him to make much of a difference? What we need are some players who will bring in not only skills but also the leadership qualities and instincts to inspire others. Jeffy, nor Waite for that matter, have these qualities. In fact we need to look outside the club for them.

I don't know Cookie, we just looked so sloooooooooow all over the ground tonight

DU we are error prone in the midfield because we can't stand up to heavy opposition pressure AND we are not good at stopping big hard at it opposition mids such as the Swans have. Jeffy wouldn't do much to fix those problems I'm afraid and his speed would not be a factor for us since he wouldn't be seeing much of the ball, especially in situations like tonight's 3Q.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #48
we are seriously missing a crumber in our forward half. Hope Garlett has payed his dues in 2nds and is ready for a return.

Fair enough DU, but do you really expect him to make much of a difference? What we need are some players who will bring in not only skills but also the leadership qualities and instincts to inspire others. Jeffy, nor Waite for that matter, have these qualities. In fact we need to look outside the club for them.

I don't know Cookie, we just looked so sloooooooooow all over the ground tonight

DU we are error prone in the midfield because we can't stand up to heavy opposition pressure AND we are not good at stopping big hard at it opposition mids such as the Swans have. Jeffy wouldn't do much to fix those problems I'm afraid and his speed would not be a factor for us since he wouldn't be seeing much of the ball, especially in situations like tonight's 3Q.

Garlett would have been useless...it was contested footy vs the kings of contested footy on their own dung heap.....he probably was glad to be left out of the team.

Reply #49
Bell can still become a very very good player, just needs to get rid of it fastrer..

Warnock must go, my Swannie supporting nate (with whom i was watching the game) asked if the guy wanted to play for Sydney his taps to their advantage were that good.

Seriously.

That second half was as lame an effort as i have seen since Pagan days....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #50

And people started comparing him to Kouta. I said at the time and I will say it again, he aint one of Kouta's ball bags.

I'd hope not, those ball bags are important to our father son prospects and I'm hoping the end result isn't another Tom Bell. No offense intended towards Bell, I'm just expecting a lot more from the  Kouta  blood line.

Don't mind Tom Bell. Like Robbo, not alot of class but gives us something we badly lack more than anything, hardness and workrate. If our better players did the same we'd be alot better off. Can't ask for more.

Reply #51
Bell can still become a very very good player, just needs to get rid of it fastrer..

Warnock must go, my Swannie supporting nate (with whom i was watching the game) asked if the guy wanted to play for Sydney his taps to their advantage were that good.

Seriously.

wtf is going on with him, for the last 3 years, since he made his appearance having had a delayed start due to injury, I thought it was simply a case of fitness. Then I noticed he would have a better second half to the season and assumed again because of fitness that took first half of season to get conditioning. This year he apparently had a good preseason and he still appears unfit. I'd this a metabolism issue or what??
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #52

Seriously.

Warnock as the same problem as Sandlilands. Opposition know he's going to win the tap so they rove to him. Difference is though Sandilands provides more than just taps.

We have no other ruckmen right now unless we promote Wood. We'd would get a better result around the ground at least, probably quite a bit better, and that's saying something.

Reply #53

Seriously.

Warnock as the same problem as Sandlilands. Opposition know he's going to win the tap so they rove to him. Difference is though Sandilands provides more than just taps.

We have no other ruckmen right now unless we promote Wood. We'd would get a better result around the ground at least, probably quite a bit better, and that's saying something.

yep, wood is well worth a try.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #54
how can 80% of a team simply not try at this (professional) level?

It leaves me gob smacked.

I would be sacking someone within the admin/coaching team....fast.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #55
Buddy and Mcveigh are both in my dream team....

Bring back Ratts! Fck this Malthouse fck. I really hope Judd plays on purely in an attempt to inspire leadership. Having said that he has been trying to do so for the last 7 years.

Reply #56

Seriously.

The problem with that argument is that Pyke absolutely dominated Warnock in hitouts.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #57
Interesting Laids still seemed very popular with the group. Could that be the reason he was treated so shabbily, Mick felt threatened by his popularity? Not suggesting I know this for one moment but it's certainly a situation that remains open to interpretation.

Didn't catch the game but from all reports the end result was predictable (sigh) so I didn't miss much!

Re Laidler I did catch the pre-game on 7Mate though and they were interviewing Laidler. He said he didn't really get a chance under MM and that MM had wanted to clean out a few players last year and that he didn't fit into MMs plans. He said players knew MM intended to have another clean out this year. Laidler observed that the Blues didn't seem to be playing with any confidence and weren't gelling as a team - he said it was sad to see. He also mentioned he had a lot of friends back at CFC.

The way Laidler spoke his mind I wondered if this is why he fell out with MM. I think he has quite strong opinions where MM is concerned and whether you want to call it sour grapes or not, he appeared genuinely concerned about what has/is going on at CFC and the effect it is having on the players.

Reply #58

Quality post

Reply #59
Sam Lane interviewed Juddy after the game and I thought I saw Bell in the background with his jumper off and he looked like he had a gut.

Did not see it EB, but if true WTF is going on? Saw Juddy post game last week and he's as ripped as Majak Daw. Bell should not get a game if he is carrying any type of body fat apart from the type that produces Father/son selections.
IN WADA WE TRUST