Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain (Read 39942 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain

Reply #60
I'm at a loss now . My brother told me at the start of this year it would be a hard year to be a blue supporter. He said our best would be great but our wors would be terrible and he was right. He called it pre season (he's a hawk supporter) but I ask why is our good so good but our bad is so bad...........

Reply #61
I'm at a loss now . My brother told me at the start of this year it would be a hard year to be a blue supporter. He said our best would be great but our wors would be terrible and he was right. He called it pre season (he's a hawk supporter) but I ask why is our good so good but our bad is so bad...........

You could ask your brother the same about the Hawks. The reigning premiers are seriously under a cloud compared to the challengers who loom large and loud. Even Carlton (of whom you seek to demean) challenged the Hawks to the end. And now, so we were beaten by the flag favourites at their dung hole by a lot less than Geelong's final score against them is not a bragging rite.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #62

You could ask your brother the same about the Hawks. The reigning premiers are seriously under a cloud compared to the challengers who loom large and loud. Even Carlton (of whom you seek to demean) challenged the Hawks to the end. And now, so we were beaten by the flag favourites at their dung hole by a lot less than Geelong's final score against them is not a bragging rite.

What my brother said was at the start of the year before the hawks feel in a hole. And u just backed up what he said. Our best we took it to the hawks/Geelong/pies/ect. But lose to Melbourne/Gws/lions/tigers/etc.........

Reply #63
First game of the season I've been able to see the Blues.

Up to half-time, was quietly impressed with an 8-point deficit.

In the third quarter, 10.4 to 0.1 ................ I was appalled & embarassed!!

At the 20-min mark of the third, this young Swans muppet who kept standing up in front of us prior and we kept telling him to sit-down so we could see the game, stood up and said to me "are you still here ?"

I strongly said to him "sit down you clown, I didn't here a freakin' peep out of you prior to half-time yet you only have the guts to lip-off when you are 8-goals up, friggen hero (edited)".

Have hit the piss since .............  :(   
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #64
First game of the season I've been able to see the Blues.

Up to half-time, was quietly impressed with an 8-point deficit.

In the third quarter, 10.4 to 0.1 ................ I was appalled & embarassed!!

At the 20-min mark of the third, this young Swans muppet who kept standing up in front of us prior and we kept telling him to sit-down so we could see the game, stood up and said to me "are you still here ?"

I strongly said to him "sit down you clown, I didn't here a freakin' peep out of you prior to half-time yet you only have the guts to lip-off when you are 8-goals up, friggen hero (edited)".

Have hit the piss since .............  :(  

Should have reminded him Sheik that you support a club who reside across the border in which people actually give a fnck!! Remind him also about the fact that his flock of ducks have been able to rort the AFL salary cap to the point of "so bloody obvious" that they won't be getting no more Buddy's and Tippetts for Jack crape!! Cheating arsehole of a club, denied!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #65
Mate we didn't make the 8 last year on our own steam, thought we were the nose and on the way down last year. Don't know where the optimism was coming from for this year to be honest. To many spuds who aren't unto AFL std and would get a game in any other side.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #66
I really question the use of Graham as sub again. We know what Ellard brings to the team and that's the reason he hasn't been getting a game. Why not make Ellard the sub and give Graham a proper crack at it. If we're trying to 'regenerate' then it's moves like this that make me think our coach has lost the plot.

@Paul P

I agree 100% surprise surprise!
Ive seen abit of Graham in the twos and ones. I personally think he is useless and was another wasted pick.

Agree re Graham. Won't make it IMO.

So why not play him for a game, a whole game, and remove all doubt either way as opposed to playing Ellard?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #67
To all the Daisy knockers, after an 18 month foot injury it will take a year plus a preseason to get back full fitness back. No he is not earning his dollar, but few else out there are either.

Fark me mate all you do is make excuses for Mick and his son!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #68
To all the Daisy knockers, after an 18 month foot injury it will take a year plus a preseason to get back full fitness back. No he is not earning his dollar, but few else out there are either.

Fark me mate all you do is make excuses for Mick and his son!
And all you do is crap can MM and anyone associated with him. FMD you even reckon he hounded Sam Lane coz Christy didn't get a media job. Thats pathetic if you ask me.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #69
No I don't. I praised Mick after our efforts vs Hawthorn and Geelong. I even praised him for his defensive set up on Buddy in the in match thread at quarter time! Credit where credit is due. You didn't see that obviously? Or maybe it's easier to criticise if you ignore comments that don't contradict your beliefs? There seems to be plenty of give from someone like me but no give from the other side. Some people here think he is beyond questioning and not at fault for anything. Get a forking clue FFS and stop being so naive. As for the Sam Lane thing he's been treating her like dirt ever since. You know what the guy is like, you honestly think that has nothing to do with it? The most vindictive man in football, how could I possibly think such a thing? Mick's the one with the great reputation and you want to call me pathetic for getting that impression. Just join the apologists queue mate.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #70
Sam Lane interviewed Juddy after the game and I thought I saw Bell in the background with his jumper off and he looked like he had a gut.

Did not see it EB, but if true WTF is going on? Saw Juddy post game last week and he's as ripped as Majak Daw. Bell should not get a game if he is carrying any type of body fat apart from the type that produces Father/son selections.

This is 100% true, I posted the same elsewhere about why would a sore finger cause weight gain!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #71
Mick was right, may as well hand Sydney the cup now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #72
I really question the use of Graham as sub again. We know what Ellard brings to the team and that's the reason he hasn't been getting a game. Why not make Ellard the sub and give Graham a proper crack at it. If we're trying to 'regenerate' then it's moves like this that make me think our coach has lost the plot.

@Paul P

I agree 100% surprise surprise!
Ive seen abit of Graham in the twos and ones. I personally think he is useless and was another wasted pick.

Agree re Graham. Won't make it IMO.

So why not play him for a game, a whole game, and remove all doubt either way as opposed to playing Ellard?

Agree, in fact I posted that earlier.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #73
Well Blaine Johnson apparently had a full game yesterday, not that anyone would have noticed. :))

Last week Blaine showed he is good enough to match it with the cellar dwellers of the the AFL but last night showed he's not up to it against the big boys.

Malthouse said earlier in the year that our younger players aren't quite ready yet and he was obviously correct.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #74
Just where is this club going????

Like others, couldn't watch last night... knew what was going to happened but moreso, frustrated about coming on here and reading the same old crap about the same issues and the same old serial recidivists. Every week reads the same... eg Graham - who probably doesn't have it - made sub again - so we'll never know if he is up to it.....  Warnock stinking it up.... Walker turning it over and making horrible decisions... Yarran hand braking it.... Touhy bereft of confidence..... Daisy doing SFA.... and so on and so and so on.  What's that.... repeat for 17 rounds now?

If Bell fronted up fat after a finger injury he should be sacked.  

Yes we have personnel and list issues but that doesn't excuse poor results.

Some basic standards need to be established - fitness, non negotiable effort and attack on the contest are the first three.  I'm looking at you Buttifant for starters.... earn your money.  As for Malthouse, it's 2014, start coaching like a professional manager of a $50 million business or screw OFF.

Seriously Mick, you took a middle of the road, but competitive team and made it uncompetitive....  FACT.  What are you going to do about it supercoach?

As for the list, yes we have about 10-15 players that just aren't good enough. We have no depth... none.  We know our recruiting sucked.  So why do we continue to play these guys hoping they suddenly become world beaters , why not just cull them en masse and attempt to get somebody else in? Maybe playing some kids? If Malthouse hasn't made decisions regarding the future of blokes like Ellard et al. then that is simply mismanagement.

Gees our list is thin and shallow but crikey the bloke running the show doesn't seem to have much idea about turning the ship around.... who is navigating this voyage of the damned?

All I'm reading from here is the same crap regarding the same blokes
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?