Skip to main content
Topic: CV and mad panic behaviour (Read 436110 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CV and mad panic behaviour

Reply #1560
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/rita-panahi/rita-panahi-why-every-member-of-victorias-crisis-cabinet-must-go/news-story/4c679a19889b404146f88eaed14c389f

Sorry, MBB, but as soon as I saw the author of this article I knew it would be highly manipulative and agenda driven with convenient cherry picking to support her agenda. Bolt's understudy. Did she really write: Medical experts say wearing a mask when outdoors and socially distanced from others has no health benefits ????? Holy crap, what a bizarre and simply stupid thing to say, wearing masks isn't in and of itself a 'health benefit', it's a preventative measure FFS  ::)  ::)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #1561
Sorry, MBB, but as soon as I saw the author of this article I knew it would be highly manipulative and agenda driven with convenient cherry picking to support her agenda. Bolt's understudy. Did she really write: Medical experts say wearing a mask when outdoors and socially distanced from others has no health benefits ????? Holy crap, what a bizarre and simply stupid thing to say, wearing masks isn't in and of itself a 'health benefit', it's a preventative measure FFS  ::)  ::)

Agree, that whole enterprise is immeasurably ghastly. The modern version of Orwell's Two Minutes Hate.

Reply #1562
Why do you need to wear mask if you are alone outdoors?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1563

Didn't you just cherry pick one line out of her article to discredit her?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #1564
Without saying that masks are ineffective I have read in more than one place that they are not exactly at the top of the list of effective counter measures. One description was "like trying to catch mossies in chicken wire" , but I don't claim to actually know. I personally wear one as there is nothing to lose by doing so afaic.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #1565
Without saying that masks are ineffective I have read in more than one place that they are not exactly at the top of the list of effective counter measures. One description was "like trying to catch mossies in chicken wire" , but I don't claim to actually know. I personally wear one as there is nothing to lose by doing so afaic.

I think the general medical consensus is that they will have some effectiveness for what is essentially a respiratory illness spread by airborne particles. How much effectiveness is up for debate. But as you say, you lose nothing by wearing them. And if you move around in certain places, like supermarkets, maintaining a 1.5m distance the whole time is impossible.

Reply #1566

That was no cherry... that was an elephant alone in a paddock! A line like that unravels a perspective in an instant.

And as for discrediting her... sheesh, she only has to open her mouth to prove her hard right agenda, same applies to the hard left journos as well - they refuse objectivity, rationality, fairness and broadness of vision. We've mentioned it before but she and her ilk are not journos, they're shallow click-bait merchants, that's all. Look at her pinup boy, A Bolt... defending Pell with every ounce of his click-bait energy. But I digress.

Reply #1567
I think the general medical consensus is that they will have some effectiveness for what is essentially a respiratory illness spread by airborne particles. How much effectiveness is up for debate. But as you say, you lose nothing by wearing them. And if you move around in certain places, like supermarkets, maintaining a 1.5m distance the whole time is impossible.

I think that is a good summary. And your example is perfect. Also applies to public transport.

I don't think face masks are meant to be or are seen as a panacea. Simply another defense against harmful airborne particles.

Reply #1568
Why do you need to wear mask if you are alone outdoors?

What does it matter doing 180kms on the open road when no other cars are about?

We need blanket laws because too many of us are just plain stupid and will take more and more liberties.

Reply #1569
@madbluboy She wrote it for that reason, it's cherry picking facts and presenting them out of context that feeds the nutter conspiracy theories, So I have no problem with @Baggers highlighting it!

There was quite a nice Podcast just recently, presented by a science reporter and discussing the despair that the flood of bogus "COVID Facts" on FaceCrook / Instafraud / Twatter  is having on everyday people and friends. I think it was called Click-Sick.

The lies and half-truths that are relational (ie., correlated) are pasted so thick and fast people ignore the truth or just can't find it buried in the manure.

A reporter interviewed a former East German scientist, they were very concerned because to them the whole FaceCrook / Instafraud / Twatter COVID feed seemed very reminiscent of life in East Germany and the bombardment of official party lines and neighbourhood paranoia! Something they thought they had escaped by migrating away, but now they live with locals, some acting like the Stasi Party faithful while others act like insurgents!

A nice part of this Podcast was a discussion about how the 5G conspiracies emerged. It was launched by Russia as a disinformation tactic because the Russian economy is dead broke and can't spend enough to keep up with China and the USA on new technologies. They fear the rapid widespread adoption of 5G outside of their borders would leave their economy beached, so they spread disinformation to discredit the technology. At first on the border of Pakistan and India to leverage the fear and suspicion that exists between each side, little did they know the nutters would then attach 5G to COVID and a whole bunch of other things like 5G Microchip Trackers in your last vaccine shot! It seems the disinformation took off because the release of 5G coincided with COVID which appeared about the same time in late 2019, but by those rules of proof so did Baby Yoda and Ooshies! ;D :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #1570
Leave Ooshies out of it, someone caught a good snapper on one.

Reply #1571
You read the Herald Sun? And quote I assume Rita Panahi?

Okay, enough said.

Reply #1574
She's not a journalist - she's an opinionist.  Doesn't have to abide by any rules of journalism, just writes whatever comes into her head - no accountability.

She's done well for herself by just sprouting her opinions.  I must admit that I agree with about 2% of them (which may be generous).