Skip to main content
Topic: Friday night curse (Read 5808 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Friday night curse

Reply #30
Bored by CheatsFC pathetic performance against Rich, but they will not get criticised by the biased media, all we will hear is how good the tiggers are. If that was CFC, there would be outrage, how do we get marquis games? Had a quick look at Friday night games so far this year (including 2 Thursday night games, as these are also considered “marquis”). There have been 13 games (11 Friday night, 2 Thursday night). What do we want to see on Friday night football? For me, I just want a close game, the closer the better. Secondary consideration, I would like to see free flowing footy and high scoring. So everybody is bagging Carlton for making Friday night footy crap, but the facts say different. Of the 13 games, the most one-sided games in terms of winning margin have been: 1) 61 pts (Geel v GWS R7), 2) 52 pts (NM v StK, R2), 3) 48 pts (Coll v Adel, R4), 4) 37 pts (Adel v WB, R9), 5) 36 pts (Adel v Rich, R2 (Thurs)), 6) 35 pts (Coll v WB, R10). So of the 6 most one-sided games (out of 13 games), Carlton don’t feature once. So why continually bag Carlton? Ok we want free flowing and high scoring. The highest scoring game so far was R1 Rich v Carl (217 pts). 4th best was Carl v Coll R4 (176 pts). In terms of individual teams unable to score, the worst performances on Friday nights so far in 2018 have been: 1) Western Bulldogs 26 pts v Adel R9, 2) GWS 32 pts v Geel R7, 3) StK 43 pts v NM R2, 4) Western Bulldogs 55 pts v Coll R10, 5) Adel 58 pts v Coll R4. Carlton don’t feature again. The facts don’t fit well with the biased media BS that we have to put up with

What is needed is for websites like this forum to put that sort of info on the front page with meta data that gets it into the search results.

Nothing stops that info being posted in comments in the editorial sections of sites that the The Hun and Rage run. Also the radio station twitter feeds and blogs, especially those of people like Half and Bartlett. They want the content!

Facebook pages are another great option as well, they are unable to really prevent data like this appearing without exposing a bias!

Finally, there is a legion of wannabes after the jobs of those incumbents, get the information to them and they will use it to prod the embedded megalomaniacs. I know it's laying down with the devil, but it's better than just allowing yourself to be bullied!
The Force Awakens!