Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game AFL Round 15 - Blues v Freo Shockers, 1720 AST, Optus Stadium (Read 11354 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game AFL Round 15 - Blues v Freo Shockers, 1720 AST, Optus Stadium

Reply #1
In a lot of ways this is a real test for us. Have we really turned a corner, or ave we merely had a dead cat bounce? I hope we can really show what we can do.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Hogan, S Hill and possibly Walters all out, plus they traveled last week, we had the weeks break.......maybe the stars are aligning???

Reply #3
Hogan, S Hill and possibly Walters all out, plus they traveled last week, we had the weeks break.......maybe the stars are aligning???
We're coming off the bye and may be flat to start with, need to ensure we're not too far behind (if at all) before we get going.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #4
Also already out of consequence - Lobb, Taberner and Sandy!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #5
We're coming off the bye and may be flat to start with, need to ensure we're not too far behind (if at all) before we get going.

Giving up 5 goal head starts to the other team is our MO....

Update: I'll be there at Optus!!

Go Baggers
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
Giving up 5 goal head starts to the other team is our MO....

Update: I'll be there at Optus!!

Go Baggers

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by what you see!!!!

Reply #7
I watched the State of Origin last night.

I can't believe how hard that Optus ground stayed despite the deluge, we've already got too many blokes like SpecialK and others who are fragile!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #8
Walters gets a week...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #9
Walters gets a week...

Beat me to it - a big out!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
If he challenges he'll get off because it's only Carlton! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
If he challenges he'll get off because it's only Carlton! ;D

Could also mean that they will take the opportunity to give him a week's rest?  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #12
They'll have a reasonably small forward line without Lobb, Taberner and now Hogan....McCarthy might come into the side. But I'd still keep Levi in the team as backup ruckman. Darcy is a huge man and troubled Gawn early on the weekend. They're also missing Pearce down back so if things go our way and the weather is fine, we could stretch them down back as well.

Reply #13
Could also mean that they will take the opportunity to give him a week's rest?  :)

So we can expect the reserves as opposition, actually given their available list it's probably not far off reality!  :-[
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Walters gets a week...

Massive out - Just pls dont appeal.

Walters like most teams we have no match up for. He excites the crowd like no other Docker. Rapt he wont play. Add in losing Hogan and S Hill we couldn't have picked a better time to play them.

But this is no 'just turn up play and return with the 4 points' They made us look like fools last year at Edihad.  Lyon is a smart coach, he will have plans to cater for the outs - Cripps will have a minder and doubt Charlie will get the free run at the ball he got last week.

BUT this is the sort of game that we where we are at should win and not just get close. Just need to start very well and take the crowd out of it - that's half the battle.