Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game AFL Round 15 - Blues v Freo Shockers, 1720 AST, Optus Stadium (Read 11380 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game AFL Round 15 - Blues v Freo Shockers, 1720 AST, Optus Stadium

Reply #75
Who's our skipper on Sunday?

Reply #76
Strangely enough I'm really looking forward to this game.

I'm not suggesting it's the case, but if you were guaranteed of your coaching spot for 2020 it's the type of game you might orchestrate just to get a good idea of who stands up in the face of adversity.

It's games like this where you hope some will step up...there may also be a few found wanting too.
These are some of the things we need to sort out in the last half of the season.

Without wishing it I'm sure there are others who have wondered how we'd go without Cripps.
We get to find out on Sunday in a game that no-one will really expects us to win.

Reply #77
Indeed Lods.
It will be an interesting one. At least in terms of data collection to guide 2020 strategy.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #78
Strangely enough I'm really looking forward to this game.

I'm not suggesting it's the case, but if you were guaranteed of your coaching spot for 2020 it's the type of game you might orchestrate just to get a good idea of who stands up in the face of adversity.

It's games like this where you hope some will step up...there may also be a few found wanting too.
These are some of the things we need to sort out in the last half of the season.

Without wishing it I'm sure there are others who have wondered how we'd go without Cripps.
We get to find out on Sunday in a game that no-one will really expects us to win.

Prediction:

We'll go much better than expected.  Someone to really announce their afl credentials in cripps absence, a gallant 3.5 quarter effort where we lose by 4 goals at the death.

Cripps emerged after Judd went down with his knee.

Now it's time for one of Kennedy, setterfield or jsos to give us an eye opener.

If we win this weekend I reckon locking in Teague as our next senior coach.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #79
If we fold like a deck of cards (though I doubt we will) it'll be a mess.

Reply #80
Win, lose or draw I expect us to put up one hell of a fight. Nothing less is acceptable and DT must be ruthless in going for that.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #81
Shawney, before Jones was injured he was in all Australian form. My memory goes back more than one week.

Reply #82
Cotterell the traveling emergency.  I don’t think we are expecting any last minute changes. 

Reply #83
Prediction:

We'll go much better than expected.  Someone to really announce their afl credentials in cripps absence, a gallant 3.5 quarter effort where we lose by 4 goals at the death.

Cripps emerged after Judd went down with his knee.

Now it's time for one of Kennedy, setterfield or jsos to give us an eye opener.

If we win this weekend I reckon locking in Teague as our next senior coach.

I'm thinking you'll be pretty close.

Reply #84
I'm thinking you'll be pretty close.

Which part of Thry’s prediction do you think will be pretty close:

- a gallant 3.5 quarter effort;

- losing by 4 goals;

- one of Kennedy, Setterfield or Jack to give us an eye opener;

- we win; and

- Teague is locked in as our next senior coach?

I reckon Setterfield and Jack have already given us more than an eye opener and Setterfield is going to be a lock in our best 22 for years to come.  Jack still has to find/create his role and Kennedy needs another pre-season under his belt before he can demonstrate whether he will be part of our resurgence.

Losing by 4 goals is probably Thry’s best prediction - I hope the margin isn’t greater.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #85
Hate these Sunday Arvo games versus Freo.  Wait around all weekend killing time just to hear us getting slaughtered.
 SENs WA commentors are even more biased than the SA based ones.   Not my idea of a fun,  relaxing weekend.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #86
Hate these Sunday Arvo games versus Freo.  Wait around all weekend killing time just to hear us getting slaughtered.
 SENs WA commentors are even more biased than the SA based ones.   Not my idea of a fun,  relaxing weekend.

Well at least this way you get to enjoy your weekend right up until sun arvo before it gets ruined with a loss.

If we played friday night, you'd have your whole weekend ruined by a loss.

Reply #88
Best of luck Ed! May the footy gods smile upon you.......... :)

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #89
Which part of Thry’s prediction do you think will be pretty close:

- a gallant 3.5 quarter effort;

- losing by 4 goals;

- one of Kennedy, Setterfield or Jack to give us an eye opener;

- we win; and

- Teague is locked in as our next senior coach?

I reckon Setterfield and Jack have already given us more than an eye opener and Setterfield is going to be a lock in our best 22 for years to come.  Jack still has to find/create his role and Kennedy needs another pre-season under his belt before he can demonstrate whether he will be part of our resurgence.

Losing by 4 goals is probably Thry’s best prediction - I hope the margin isn’t greater.

Numbers 1 and 2. 3 a possibility as often there someone relishes responsibility. NBo guarantees there though.