Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs. Freo (Read 18100 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 15: Carlton vs. Freo

Reply #30
It begs the question, why have that type of player sitting on a HFF?

Some seriously strange moves

Kennedy looked the goods there. Teague can certainly see things that Bolton couldn't.

Reply #31
16 clearances is elite. Well done, Ed Curnow!

Think 20 contested possessions too. 32 all up. Just what we needed with Cripps out.

Reply #32
10 goal kickers, and nary a forward among them.

Reply #33
Not a bad goal by Murf at the death.. At least he won't get bagged for another week.

That was his best game in ages. Confidence shot up about a million %. Calmly stepped inside the defender to kick that banana. Great sign. Epic game.

Ed was equally brilliant. Sheer will power - kept slamming the ball forward all game.

SOS on Fyfe was awesome. 7 tackles and nailed that set shot from the boundary. Has to be his best ever game.

Samo and Fisher were good.

Walsh was awesome - 30 pos and 8 tackles. We need to get his wrist X-rayed - he can't be 19.

Quick question: Why do we have to give the opposition 30-40 point head start before we kick in?

Reply #34
Can I just add - 2 of Freo's goals were clear tackles of the Carlton player on the line.

1 more was Walters ducking his head.

It would have been a cheat of a win had they won it.

Reply #35
What a roller coaster today.
Goalless first quarter, a fight back, got our noses in front near the end to have them take the lead with a minute left, but some smurph magic got us over the line.
I think I scared the neighbours with the scream I let out with that last goal.
And the best part is it was against freo. I hate freo, they’re like West Collingwood to me.

I scared the crap out of my wife with that last goal from Murphy. From all reports he had a ripper, led from the front. Wonder if spanner will give him any credit.

Gòoooooooooo Bluesss

Reply #36
That was his best game in ages. Confidence shot up about a million %. Calmly stepped inside the defender to kick that banana. Great sign. Epic game.

Ed was equally brilliant. Sheer will power - kept slamming the ball forward all game.

SOS on Fyfe was awesome. 7 tackles and nailed that set shot from the boundary. Has to be his best ever game.

Samo and Fisher were good.

Walsh was awesome - 30 pos and 8 tackles. We need to get his wrist X-rayed - he can't be 19.

Quick question: Why do we have to give the opposition 30-40 point head start before we kick in?
Sam Walsh - 30 disposals but disposal efficiency of 33%
Wasn’t a day for disposal efficiency though - whole team went at 60%
Kennedy at 100% though. And next best was Dow at 85%

Reply #37
Sam Walsh - 30 disposals but disposal efficiency of 33%
Wasn’t a day for disposal efficiency though - whole team went at 60%
Kennedy at 100% though. And next best was Dow at 85%

Yeah was a scrappy game but Walsh didn't have his most polished game. Needs to straighten up his kicking for goal in particular. For a 19 year old - that level of effort is incredible though. He just keeps running.

Reply #38
great viewing and a great team performance

a lot has been made of the old firm of Kreuz, Casboult, E Curnow, Murphy, Thomas, Jones & Simpson, but I thought JSOS, Samo, Dow (bar one poor decision to play on), Fisher, Obrien, Marchbank, OBrien all had great games after quarter time.

Plenty to work on - we need more from Mitch, Walsh's disposal needs work and Plowman makes way too many mistakes, ditto Newman. Kennedy was important but still way too slow. Can we get more from Setterfield?

Blue skys ahead with McKay, Cripps, C Curnow, Cunningham, Williamson & Docherty (when fit) & a developing DeKoning/Stocker will make us hard to beat. there's 8 players that could walk straight into our side!!

Reply #39
Gee it's good to see moves being made when we're in strife. That move of SOJ onto Fyffe turned out to be a ripper... as JEZA said, gotta be SOJ's best game in terms of contribution and impact. Quelling Fyffe was a huge effort.

Also good to see LOB show some mongrel and back himself.

So good to hear commentators singing our praises.

What a fckn ripper win.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #40
I liked the commentry about SPS's big tackle: He put a saddle on him and rode him like a bull. :)

Reply #41
I liked Setterfields game, steady and mature.....Jack was excellent and his goal was a ripper and really gave the team hope.
SPS also used the ball well and was composed, just needs to play four quarters, when he goes missing he really is a non event but when he is on he is excellent.
The other bloke who needs a mention is a whipping boy of mine in Marchbank, thought he played very well, took some good marks and played 4 quarters, couple of average kicks, but in those conditions you accept that will happen but played the best game I have seen from him.
Walsh was sloppy with the ball but he is like the Duracell bunny and just keeps on keeping on,Brad Hill vs LOB was a nil all draw so I'll give that a win to LOB on points even though I remain unconvinced about him but credit where its due to LOB as Hill is a decent opponent and keeping him to an average day really helped.
I thought Murphy was our best player for 4 quarters, good when it was tough early and sealed the deal at the end, cant ask for much more especially with Cripps out.

Reply #42
Well....

Prediction:

We'll go much better than expected.  Someone to really announce their afl credentials in cripps absence, a gallant 3.5 quarter effort where we lose by 4 goals at the death.

Cripps emerged after Judd went down with his knee.

Now it's time for one of Kennedy, setterfield or jsos to give us an eye opener.

If we win this weekend I reckon locking in Teague as our next senior coach.  

Everything but the result and the scoreline.

For those saying Charlie is playing differently his collision occured in the centre square.

Must of started getting creative with interpretation or something...

:D
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #43

As an aside, I know everyone really put in tonight but I really liked the look of Kennedy's game and maybe he's going to make it after all. And that's aside from his 2 goals.

I don't think that I called him a spud although I definitely feared that he might be one.  :-X

But credit where credit is due - he finally showed something today, albeit as a forward, rather than as a midfielder. Good move by Teaguey.

Reply #44
It's late, but I wanted to acknowledge how wrong I was before the day's done. I had to leave to attend to my daughter's health, missed last 3 q's :-\

I'm very happy to eat my words????
Freo didn't win by 5 goals. Although that's exactly the score before I left.

What a gutsy show of trust, determination, and perserverence. Looks like the old boys led the way.
So pleased for all concerned.

The big difference between Bolts and Teague on game day. Teague is quick to respond and confident to make changes.

Happy Monday Bluebaggers
????????????
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.