Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 16: Carlton vs Melbourne (Read 5784 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 16: Carlton vs Melbourne

Reply #30
Actually, if we could win this game also without Cripps that would be a fantastic confidence booster for our guys. They must get a bit tired of hearing " no Cripps no Carlton".  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #31
Ed is captain again. If Lang and Fazzy boy make it to the final 22, I'll be very keen to see what they can do with this new more attacking game plan. Should in theory suit them to a tee.

Reply #32
Wow, surprised. Just checked the 'experts' picks in the media and they're overwhelmingly tipping the 'Go Dees'.

('Go Dees' to be said in a very snobbish, Brightonesque tone... I got this from a game many, many years ago when this woman, dripping with expensive jewelry, stood and shouted, 'Go Dees'... which she immediately followed with, brace yourself, "Go number 9!" Laughter rang out and we didn't hear from her again for the afternoon... thank the gods.)
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #33
I suspect there'll only be 1 change. C Curnow out, but who comes in? Lang? Fasolo? Goddard probably deserves a run before either of those, but we just don't have a spot down back for him right now

Reply #34
Wow, surprised. Just checked the 'experts' picks in the media and they're overwhelmingly tipping the 'Go Dees'.

('Go Dees' to be said in a very snobbish, Brightonesque tone... I got this from a game many, many years ago when this woman, dripping with expensive jewelry, stood and shouted, 'Go Dees'... which she immediately followed with, brace yourself, "Go number 9!" Laughter rang out and we didn't hear from her again for the afternoon... thank the gods.)

I've tipped us this week. Maybe tempting fate but well worth going against the odds imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #35
CARLTON
B: Lachie Plowman, Liam Jones, Caleb Marchbank
HB: Kade Simpson, Jacob Weitering, Dale Thomas
C: Will Setterfield, Ed Curnow, Lochie O'Brien
HF: Jack Silvagni, Levi Casboult, Sam Petrevski-Seton
F: Marc Murphy, Mitch McGovern, Michael Gibbons
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Zac Fisher, Sam Walsh
Int: Nic Newman, Darcy Lang, Paddy Dow, Matthew Kennedy, Matthew Cottrell, Andrew Phillips, Alex Fasolo, Hugh Goddard (Four to be omitted)

IN: Darcy Lang, Matthew Cottrell, Andrew Phillips, Alex Fasolo, Hugh Goddard

OUT:Charlie Curnow (Injured)

NEW: Matthew Cottrell, Hugh Goddard

Cottrell seems to be highly thought of.

MELBOURNE
B: Jay Lockhart, Steven May, Harrison Petty
HB: Marty Hore, Sam Frost, Christian Salem
C: Nathan Jones, James Harmes, Alex Neal-Bullen
HF: Bayley Fritsch, Sam Weideman, Christian Petracca
F: Mitch Hannan, Tom McDonald, Angus Brayshaw
R: Max Gawn, Jack Viney, Clayton Oliver
Int: Jordan Lewis, Michael Hibberd, Braydon Preuss, Oscar McDonald, Jayden Hunt, Corey Wagner, Josh Wagner, Kyle Dunkley (Four to be omitted)
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #36
Cottrell seems to be highly thought of.

I've watched this kid a bit in the VFL, a lot of fans are bagging him but he's an elite runner and a good size, I suspect like Stocker he's grown a bit since his figures were published.

He's the type that can tag all day then have an impact late in games, tough as leather, but still probably a little light for the big league but stronger than you think and doesn't take a backwards step in the Ken Hunter style. A bit more muscle and he'd be capable of doing the same job SoJ did on Fyfe, perhaps a Ed replacement long term, but with more capability to push forward!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #37
Lang in for C Curnow

Reply #38
I've watched this kid a bit in the VFL, a lot of fans are bagging him but he's an elite runner and a good size, I suspect like Stocker he's grown a bit since his figures were published.

He's the type that can tag all day then have an impact late in games, tough as leather, but still probably a little light for the big league but stronger than you think and doesn't take a backwards step in the Ken Hunter style. A bit more muscle and he'd be capable of doing the same job SoJ did on Fyfe, perhaps a Ed replacement long term, but with more capability to push forward!

Same here LP.  I think there’s something about him that says he’s going to make it.  His desperation and second and third efforts are admirable.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
Lang in for C Curnow

Yeah, not who i would've picked from that bunch, but if Lang gets the chop at the end of the year at least we know we've given him a few goes at it.

Maybe THIS is the game his true talent presents itself. (i f***'n hope so!)

Reply #40
Lang owes this club big time.   I'd expect him to really extract the digit.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
If you aren't in our best 26 odd players and you're currently getting a game, odds are it's your last chance so make the most of it.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #42
For someone with generally good disposal and an excellent kick at goal, another effort where he can't kick one from numerous attempts with 30 m of goal is going to cook Lang's goose. I have been really disappointed in Lang. If he is to remain on our list he has to start producing and start putting his body in.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #43
Be good to get two in a row... hope this isn't the 'honeymoon' is over game (which there generally is for a caretaker coach).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #44
I'm still fairly confident we have their measure.